Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for S. Napper > Reviews

Browse

S. Napper's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Napper RSS Feed (New Zealand)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Teva Men's Raith Mid eVent Waterproof Hiking Boot
Teva Men's Raith Mid eVent Waterproof Hiking Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, sturdy boots for all day wear..., June 10, 2015
I bought these to wear on the bike (as they're waterproof). I already had these in a shoe so knew the fit and quality. The boots have been feeling a little stiffer to walk in than the shoes but I expect that's because I've had the shoes for quite some time and they're well worn in.

I wore these on a day long ride a few weeks ago in temperatures ranging from -4c to 10c and they were good right down to about 0c. Anything below that and my toes started to chill out. Having said that, the windchill at 100kph and -4c is about -26c so not too bad for a non-winterised boot.

The shoes have been a comfortable daily wear item for work for the past year and still look like new so I'm expecting just as good longevity from the boots.

Honda 08798-9010 MOLY PASTE (M77)
Honda 08798-9010 MOLY PASTE (M77)
Offered by Mower Partsman
Price: $17.63
11 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to see why it's recommended..., November 28, 2014
Used a standard moly based grease (3% moly) on the rear wheel spline of an ST1300 while I was waiting for this to arrive. It was on there for about 100 kilometres by the time I removed the wheel to reapply the new Honda Moly 60 Paste. When I took the wheel off the other grease had flicked out around the casing and very little remained on the spline. What was left on the spline was patchy to say the least.

The new paste went on smoothly, no need to lump it on as it's absolutely obvious that it sticks to every surface like s***e to a blanket.

I've since removed the wheel after doing 1000 k's and everything looks as sweet as when it first went together. Only time will tell if it actually does its job but at least for now I know it's remaining on the surface of the spline and not being squeezed out under pressure or melting due to heat.

GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience
GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Data Eater, November 4, 2014
Installed the game (just short of 1Gb) and commenced playing. Great game and nice and fluid with my Xperia Z. Had fun for a few hours and then noticed it was doing quite a bit in the background once the game was ended.

Thought nothing more of it till the next day when I realised that my internet had used 6Gb the previous day when no-one was on it except for me when downloading the game via the WiFi connection.

A quick hunt through the Xperia Z's data usage stats showed that the entire 6Gb of data was down to the GT Racing 2 app.

I was simply racing the computer on the 'campaign' part of the game, and not racing against anyone online so couldn't work out where it had all been used.

6Gb in one day? Not for me. As good as it was, I've uninstalled it.

HJC Helmets IS-MAX BT Helmet (Black, Large)
HJC Helmets IS-MAX BT Helmet (Black, Large)

3.0 out of 5 stars Larger fit than the usual HJC's I've owned in the past, May 18, 2014
The very first thing I noticed on pulling this helmet from the box was the size of the shell. It seemed larger than large for some reason. My head is 57-58cm (depending on the haircut) and I have always used a large in the HJC range of helmets. I'm not alone in this and you'll see most HJC users will recommend going 1 size up.

I'd put this helmet in the 59cm range, not quite too big, but not quite right either. I put this down to the the larger than normal shell size. I fixed the fit problem by packing the rear of the liner with a 1/4" thick piece of medium density foam since that seemed to be the area most loose.

I've ridden probably 2 or 3 hours with the helmet now and apart from the slightly large fit, and a rattle activated by wind in the top (probably the release mechanism for the inner sun visor) the rest of the helmet is quite good.

Wind noise is surprisingly minimal compared to my previous HJC and there's plenty of room for headset speakers in the ear sockets without them rubbing on my ears.

If I'd been in the US I'd have sent it back and exchanged it for a medium but it took so long to get here I'll just bear with it for now and keep it as a spare. I'll probably switch to a Givi HX-08 come summer.

K&N HA-1302 Honda High Performance Replacement Air Filter
K&N HA-1302 Honda High Performance Replacement Air Filter
Price: $70.99
56 used & new from $69.37

5.0 out of 5 stars New life in the old girl....., May 18, 2014
My old air filter (the original genuine Honda one) really didn't appear that dirty apart from having a number of bugs in it and some bits of gravel that get sucked into the housing.

Couldn't believe the difference this filter made to idling smoothness, performance, and also added a few more kilometers to the tank.

I'm sure there's a trade-off there somewhere with regards to the extra air getting through otherwise you'd think Honda would have the same 'breath-ability' in their OEM filter.

Time will tell, but until then, I'm very happy with this filter.

FURminator Long Hair deShedding Tool for Dogs, Small
FURminator Long Hair deShedding Tool for Dogs, Small
Price: $36.48
6 used & new from $36.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comb, May 18, 2014
Read a heap of good reviews before buying this. It lived up to every expectation. Quite expensive for a comb but does such a great job and so easy to eject the fur as well, which is a good thing given the size of our dog and the amount of fur he sheds from his winter coat. Highly recommended.

Aerobie Dogobie Disc - Single Unit (Colors May Vary)
Aerobie Dogobie Disc - Single Unit (Colors May Vary)
Price: $6.90
33 used & new from $4.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent frisbee for dog, March 11, 2014
Updated: See my review below for my initial thoughts on this toy.

Seems I owe Ray Masel an apology. If it doesn't fly, you're not throwing it right. Sorry Ray.

Out of the 3 different Frisbees I bought, my younger black Labrador much preferred to play with this one. So much so, that I persevered with it for several days and tried a few different throwing techniques.

Well, yesterday I found a way to really make this thing fly and this morning in the paddock with just a light breeze it was rocketing out to about 40 to 50 yards with ease and floating down flat for the dog to leap up and catch it.

By far her most favorite Frisbee. Now more loved than her old hard plastic Frisbee. She runs and runs all day chasing this one now that I can make it fly well enough for her to catch.

PREVIOUSLY I WROTE: I had high hopes for this disc as it is endorsed by Ray Masel, former US Frisbee Dog Champion.

Not sure what Ray was throwing but it wasn't the same as the one I had delivered.

I bought 3 discs to try out (the other 2 being West Paw Zisc and Starmark Easy Glide) and the Aerobie is definitely the best flying of the 3. However, that's not saying much as this one doesn't float/hover all that well.

It certainly goes the distance and looks as though it will last for some time, but if it doesn't hover like a Frisbee, it might as well be a stick.

My dog loves to catch the Frisbee, she lives for it, and while she will chase and retrieve this disc, it doesn't excite her anywhere near as much as her chewed up old hard plastic Frisbee that actually still flies better than this disc.

StarMark Easy Glider, TCEGM, 9", (Colors Vary)
StarMark Easy Glider, TCEGM, 9", (Colors Vary)
Price: $8.98
17 used & new from $8.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Not just another fetch toy..., March 11, 2014
Well, at first I was somewhat disappointed to say the least. At that time my review stated "False advertising". Packaging states "Hovers and lands slowly".

I take that back.

After finding a throwing method that worked with another Frisbee, I tried it on this one and, bingo, it seemed to work with this as well.

It does actually fly well. So why the 3 star rating? Well, I purchased 3 Frisbees at the same time, this one, the West Paw Zisc, and the Aerobie Dogobie. The Dogobie and the Zisc are both more durable and dog resistant (no teeth marks after the first few days whereas the durafoam is full of teeth marks) and my dog very much prefers the Dogobie (it flies straighter and further, is easier for her to pick up, and less susceptible to wind).

West Paw Design Zogoflex Zisc Guaranteed Tough Flying Disc Dog Play Toy, 8.5-Inch Large, Tangerine
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $14.99
14 used & new from $14.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Flys like a rubber rock.... Well, not quite., March 11, 2014
Can't complain about dog-worthiness as it will probably last the distance with my Black Lab.

The packaging states "Designed to fly with ease". The weight of this thing ensures that the Zisc obeys the laws of physics and gravity. It's so heavy there's no opportunity for it to hover enough for the dog to catch it. It flys long and straight (straight for the ground).

I'll keep it, but only for a chew toy. If I wanted to just play fetch I would have gotten her a ball.

2 stars for toughness and nothing for its airworthiness.

UPDATE: Persevered with this toy and practiced a few different throwing techniques and found that it can fly quite well if thrown a certain way but its weight is its downfall and it doesn't go quite as far as some other brands that I purchased. The dog will chase it and she will catch it, but she much prefers the Aerobie Dogobie. If she sees me with the Dogobie as well as the Zisc, she will ignore the Zisc and only chase the Dogobie.

Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS16GSDHC10E)
Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS16GSDHC10E)
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Split in 2 after only a few months..., April 12, 2013
This card sits in a case when it's not in the laptop or camera. It's had a very easy, well cared for life. It's the only card I've owned that split along the seam. It's now taped together and still works fine but that doesn't excuse the cheaply made case.

I have no issue with performance of the card but I'll only buy another of this model if it's cheaper than any other card and likely to be spending its life permanently locked in a device.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2013 5:31 PM PDT