ARRAY(0x9d67e2dc)

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura Gail RSS Feed (Greenfield, Ma United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Integrative Therapeutics End Fatigue Daily Energy Enfusion, Citrus, 25.5 Ounce
Integrative Therapeutics End Fatigue Daily Energy Enfusion, Citrus, 25.5 Ounce
Price: $37.50
30 used & new from $37.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent supplement, tastes gross, January 10, 2014
This seems to be a high quality, well absorbed multi. I just wish it tasted better (or that the berry flavor ain't so much more expensive).

Life Extension 5-Lox Inhibitor with Apresflex 100 Mg Vegetarian Capsules, 60 Count
Price: $14.46
31 used & new from $12.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't risk running out again!, January 10, 2014
My doctor put me on several different supplements all at once because I was eating ibuprofen to manage joint pain, muscle stiffness, and daily headaches from Lyme disease. I wasn't sure which supplement was helping, so when I ran out of this product I waited to restart it to see if it had been helping.

Within a few days my headaches had started again, after a week I found myself looking at the stairs and not wanting to climb them because of how much I hurt. I started taking this again, and noticed a big difference within two days. I'm pretty impressed with how well this has worked, and the price and quality of LifeExtension's 5-Lox Inhibitor is great. I won't risk running out again!

Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for Large Dogs - 150 Tablets
Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for Large Dogs - 150 Tablets
Price: $73.84
16 used & new from $64.91

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog can run in the snow!, August 14, 2013
We adopted a puppy who had terrible hip displasia. He would fall over if you lightly bumped into him, often crying in pain when he fell. Often when he ran he would "scream" with pain (a sound I never want to hear again) and collapse. It was devastating to witness.

My next door neighbor was a vet tech who had worked in an orthopedic vet's office, and she told us about Dasaquin. Before our dog had even finished his first bottle he had dramatically improved, and in just a few months he was running and playing like any other healthy puppy. It's been three years now that he has been on Dasaquin, and it has been nothing short of miraculous. I can bump into him now and all he does is push back against me. There have been several occasions when I have watched him race madly through deep, wet snow & I have cried remembering him as a puppy, screaming in pain when his hips went out on him. I am eternally grateful for this product.

Beadwork Creates Beaded Bags
Beadwork Creates Beaded Bags
by Jean Campbell
Price: $15.26
82 used & new from $1.98

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so directions, poor format, August 14, 2013
I work with beads all the time; I work in a bead store, and I absolutely love beadweaving. I am a very slow learner who needs clear directions when doing a project.

While on a vacation I decided to experiment with making amulet bags and bought several books on beaded bags & amulet bags. At first this book is very appealing, the projects look interesting, the photographs are lovely, and my overall sense of this book was that the projects would be good intermediate level ones. But once I began to work with some of these projects I quickly found myself badly confused. The directions are not always clear, and there are no illustrations to show how various steps are done. Some projects have clear, direct instructions which are easy to follow, while other projects left me just confused.

As noted in another review, the physical format of this book is problematic for anything other than casual reading. I love Beadwork magazine, but this book just didn't measure up to the magazine. I would not buy this book unless it was used or deeply discounted. There are much better books on this subject.

The Star and the Web (Web Series)
The Star and the Web (Web Series)
by H.D. Grogan
Price: $14.39
19 used & new from $14.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Can't wait for more!, August 8, 2013
I am often hesitant to purchase a self-published book, no matter how interesting it may sound, because far too often they are poorly written. If your only reservation about "The Star and the Web" is that H.D. Grogan is a new author and/or that this book is self-published, you can stop reading this review right now and just buy this book. You will not regret it.

Grogan knows how to tell a good story. I got so caught up in this story that each time I picked it up to read I did not want to stop reading, and when I was finished I was annoyed there wasn't more to read (can't wait for the next book!) The characters are well crafted--they feel like real people--and weeks after I finished reading I found myself still thinking about Calyx. While Grogan's writing style is easy and pleasant , it is neither simplistic nor is her writing solely in service of storytelling. Much as I found myself thinking about Calyx after I had finished this book, so too did I find myself thinking about some of the ethical dilemmas raised in this story.

This novel reminds me of some of Elizabeth Moon's best books--and especially of Deeds of Paksenarian--partly because of the great storytelling and the righteous strong female protagonist, but mostly because of the incredible integrity of the world in which this story takes place.

I have a bookcase of books I love enough to read multiple times. "The Star and the Web" is now in that bookcase, alongside Elizabeth Moon, Judith Tarr, and Charles DeLint (to name a few). I look forward to adding more of Grogan's books to this bookcase.

The Right To Be Here
The Right To Be Here
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary, December 20, 2012
This review is from: The Right To Be Here (MP3 Music)
I heard "kindred" and just had to have more. With each listen this album gets better, and trust me, there's been A LOT of listens! The lyrics are pure poetry, and the harmonies woven around this poetry is nothing short of breath-taking. Truly one of the most enchanting (and haunting) albums I have ever heard.

I'm not sure if it was the result of maturity or the guidance of producer June Millington, but this album is far better than the earlier ones. Sadly, this was the last album from Copper Wimmin. I wish there had been more like this.

Who Fears Death
Who Fears Death
by Nnedi Okorafor
Price: $12.50
120 used & new from $1.21

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Who Fears Death (Paperback)
Having read and loved Nnedi Okorafor's earlier books I wanted to read this novel, but given the painful and real subjects it has at its heart I was reluctant to dive in. I think I had this book beside my bed for about three weeks before I finally began to read it. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to read it--I loved this book. And really, you can't go wrong with magic, masterful story telling, characters who come to feel like kin, in a world with horrors just like those in our world.

To those who complain that genocide and female genital mutilation 'should' have been addressed/solved/discussed without magic--there are other books which do that. THIS is a different kind of book, and frankly, having read other books (autobiography, non-fiction, political discussion) which deal with those topics I am deeply grateful to have this book in the world. I know that I WILL re-read this novel in the future, those other books I won't. As a child and young adult I read books which "solved" those problems I had experienced, or was experiencing, through magic--and they helped me survive. They also helped me to imagine new possibilities for how I might change my world, and I am glad to know that this book is in the world for girls and young women who have faced the horrors in this book.

All else aside, this is just a damn good read; I'll be giving copies of it to my friends and family for gifts.

Vatolandia
Vatolandia
by Sayra Pinto

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, August 9, 2012
This review is from: Vatolandia (Paperback)
Sayra Pinto's first book arrived in the mail today, and while I wanted to read it slowly, I just couldn't. I wanted to know what Pinto created next--what was the shape and story of the next poem? Rarely do I come across a poet whose work engages and excites me so much that I simply must read each poem in a single sitting, but this is such a poet.

Pinto's imagery is vivid, and while her subject matter is often brutal the voices in her poems are light, and often ironic.

I look forward to spending much time with this book, savoring the riches Pinto has offered us in her poems.

Awakened Mind System
Awakened Mind System
Price: $18.35
30 used & new from $7.79

1.0 out of 5 stars This is "Awakened Mind System" and "Awakened Mind 2.0" sold repackaged...sort of, April 5, 2011
This review is from: Awakened Mind System (Audio CD)
I love these CDs, I've almost worn them out....but not in this packaging. I bought them as single discs, saw this, and from what I could tell it was not the same as the single discs...WRONG!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2012 3:46 PM PDT

Composure for Medium and Large Dogs, 60 Soft Chews
Composure for Medium and Large Dogs, 60 Soft Chews
Price: $18.30
25 used & new from $8.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well for all but total freak-out, May 8, 2010
I have two dogs, one who becomes completely hysterical with thunderstorms, and mildly hysterical with heavy rain. My other dog takes on any stress of the people and animals around him, and it got to the point where that was making him really sick.

These chews have been fabulous in helping with the dog who takes on the stress and anxiety of others--it's made a stunning difference for him. With the thunderstorm/rain dog, this product works really well for her with anything but absolute terror-induced anxiety in big storms. But to put this in perspective--even sedation doesn't help her in big storms.

I really like that this product does not sedate or drug the dogs. They both happily take it, and when upset the stress-sponge dog actually will go to the kitchen and look at the bag.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 7:40 AM PST