Profile for Rick Moore > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 93

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rick Moore RSS Feed (Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Voice Actor's Guide to Recording at Home and On the Road (Paperback) - Common
Voice Actor's Guide to Recording at Home and On the Road (Paperback) - Common
by By (author) Jeffrey P. Fisher By (author) Harlan Hogan
5 used & new from $29.96

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONLY BOOK I COULD FIND THAT ANSWERS ALL MY QUESTIONS!, May 31, 2014
I've gotten several books on VO but I was hard pressed to find any that would be like having a professional VO sound engineer coaching me while working in my home recording environment. Recording VO (voice overs) requires a different skill set than does multitrack music production and unfortunately most books focus on the musical aspects of production. I needed a book specifically for recording VO and this is it! I love this book. Not only is it full of everything you need to know, but is written in a light-hearted, humorous style...very entertaining! It gets to the nitty-gritty level settings, EQ, file formats, etc., but is perfect for beginners. A newbie won't feel this is over their head. I have several books on home recording and this will undoubted be the one I value most.

New Age Bible Versions: An Exhaustive Documentation of the Message, Men & Manuscripts Moving Mankind to the Antichrist's One World Religion
by Gail A. Riplinger
Price: $18.75
78 used & new from $5.50

1.0 out of 5 stars CHECK YOUTUBE BEFORE BUYING THIS RUBBISH, April 27, 2014
A friend on Facebook was encouraging everyone to go out and buy this book, so, naturally, I investigated the internet for "Gail. A. Riplinger" before deciding if this would be a worthwile purchase. I encourage everyone to watch the YOUTUBE video of Gail A. Riplinger called "New Age Bible Versions" to get an idea from her own mouth what to expect from this book. I stopped watching it after 6 minutes because she had already misrepresented the truth about the NIV twice. When I posted a warning on my friend's Facebook post about this, the author's daughter (Bryn Riplinger Shutt) and son-in-law (Stephen Shutt) attacked me for calling their mother/mother-in-law a "liar" and for posting pictures from my NIV proving Riplinger's falsehoods. During our discussion I pointed out (with photos of my NIV) that the verses which Gail Riplinger claims are "entirely omitted" are, in fact, entirely included in the NIV footnotes. That makes her "a liar" in my opinion which I stated. When they said "footnotes don't matter", I responded by pointing out that Riplinger uses footnotes in her book. They responded by saying "If you had actually read her books, you'd know that she uses END NOTES, not footnotes." I responded by posting a screen shot of their own ad promoting the book which lists "1,480 referenced footnotes" as a feature of the book. At that point, they began removing their side of the conversation from the thread and discontinued the discussion. BUYER BEWARE! Search the web for reviews of the book by qualified Bible scholars before buying this book. You'll find the book to be a collection of deliberate deception full of misquotes and misinformation according to them. DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. Watch her in her own words and check it for yourself! DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING FROM HER MOUTH (OR MINE FOR THAT MATTER), AS TRUTH UNTIL YOU HAVE PERSONALLY VERIFIED IT! Needless to say, I could not bring myself to buy this rubbish. It will be a worthwhile endeavor for you to also search articles on the web describing how Gail A. Riplinger responds to those qualified to evaluate her claims and have found them false. This will expose the true character of the woman. I also encourage anyone interested in buying this book to search "G. A. Riplinger" on the John Ankerberg website in the "store". You will find 8 programs dedicated to this subject featuring the editor's from the Bibles Riplinger attacks. She herself declined to appear on the show, but the programs feature people who represent her side. The pdf transcript download is only $5 and well worth it because YOU NEED TO HEAR THEIR SIDE of the story. As Dr. Phil rightly says, "I don't care how flat you make a pancake, it's still got two sides." You owe it to yourself to hear from those Riplinger accuses. DO NOT simply accept her words as fact - unless YOU YOURSELF have checked them out. May God richly bless you in your search for His Truth! :)

truMedic TENS Unit Electronic Pulse Massager, White
truMedic TENS Unit Electronic Pulse Massager, White
Price: $39.97
7 used & new from $36.80

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! BETTER THAN WE EXPECTED!!!, April 10, 2014
We first bought the Omron 2-pad unit for $50 at Walmart and it's a good product. But THIS cost $10 LESS and it is a more powerful 4-pad unit. My fiance is using it to reproduce the treatment she's been getting at outpatient physical therapy (knee replacement) where they've been using a professional unit (Omnistim 500 Pro) and she has been able to reproduce the exact settings with this unit! I love the rotary power off/on/intensity design which makes it very user-friendly without confusing menu options. This is a SWEET DEAL! Ours came with an extra set of 4 pads AND and 2 sets of batteries!!!! The packaging in the box seems to indicate that the company really puts their heart into insuring the customer gets a great product. We're VERY PLEASED and highly recommend this product to anyone needing to manage pain.

Folgers, Gourmet Selections, Caramel Drizzle Ground Coffee, 10oz Bag (Pack of 2)
Offered by ClockworkCornucopia
Price: $19.50
14 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars K-CUP USERS: Buy this and use a refillable k-cup!!!!, April 5, 2014
You can spend $11.00 on a box of 18 servings of K-cups OR spend roughly that same amount at Walmart for 2 bags of this and get 64 servings! WOW! What a savings!!!!!

Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control (Silver)
Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control (Silver)
Price: $72.64
33 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars MY OLD HARMONY IS STILL GOOD!, January 31, 2014
I bought an older model of this Harmony remote years ago and just recently found it again after my current remote bit the dust. I felt sure it was no longer supported but it is!!!! It's totally amazing! You program it via usb/and an online data base. You can program it to turn on several devices in any order with just 1 "activity" button. What I love is, you don't have to change modes to adjust several different devices. It's completely customizable functionwise. If you're looking for that PERFECT remote, I highly recommend HARMONY! They're worth the few extra bucks!

Forensic Files: Best of Series - 96 Episodes - 16 DVD Collection (Amazon.com Exclusive)
DVD ~ Peter Thomas
Price: $45.49
2 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, January 26, 2014
I love watching these - WITHOUT COMMERCIALS!!!! I love watching the bad guy get caught - by tiny weeny strands of hair, spit, blood spatter patterns, shoe prints. I love my Forensic heroes at work!!!!

Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence
Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence
Price: $10.23
131 used & new from $7.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it at first…hate it now., January 26, 2014
My wife and I bought four different devotionals in this series because they were so inspiring. Then, we decided to read 2 chapters a day from the New Testament along with reading from these devotionals. By the time we finished reading the 4 gospels we found that we were liking the devotionals less and less. WHY? Because when you get to the source (your Bible), you begin to feel uneasy about Sarah Young's style. She writes in the first person of Jesus as if she is quoting His words, but they aren't. They are her words put in His mouth in an effort to make you feel closer to Him and He closer to you. That's a noble goal, but the means, in my opinion should be avoided. We have since stopped reading Sarah Young's devotionals and are continuing reading the Bible at a pace of 2 chapters a day. This has been so much more rewarding as we are at the Source material. We'll stick to reading what Jesus ACTUALLY said, rather than reading from a devotional that puts the author's own words in His mouth. We have decided to read "100 Verses Every Christian Should KNow" along with our Bible and that has been a real blessing. "We worship in Spirit and in TRUTH."
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2014 6:59 PM PDT

Endur-Acin 500 mg Extended Relase Niacin 500 Tab
Endur-Acin 500 mg Extended Relase Niacin 500 Tab
Offered by Endurance Products Company
Price: $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I can use this instead of paying $$$$$$$$ for the prescription, NIASPAN!!!, January 26, 2014
I don't have insurance (unemployed at the moment) so finding this replacement for Niaspan was a Godsend. Finding products like this show just how the prescription pharmaceutical industry is really ripping people off bigtime. Look at what your paying per pill of your Niaspan, then compare the per-pill price of this which does exactly the same thing. I was paying $3 PER PILL of the Niaspan!!!
I'm paying NINE CENTS PER PILL with ENDUR-ACIN!!!!!!!! I told my doctor about it and he chuckled saying, "Yea, there are a lot of prescriptions that are just concentrated forms of OTC drugs!" Worth investigating!

Once again:

Prescribed NIASPAN = $3 PER PILL! ----------> ENDUR-ACIN = 9˘ PER PILL!!!!!! ---> It's a NO BRAINER FOLKS!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 7:27 PM PDT