Profile for Gamage Carter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gamage Carter RSS Feed (san francisco, ca United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Make Every Day Count (Expanded Edition)
Make Every Day Count (Expanded Edition)
Price: $11.88
29 used & new from $8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Every word and every note counts even today!, July 4, 2014
This recording will make many days count with joy! I remember picking this recording up as an album when it was released in NYC decades ago and being blessed and inspired by them. Many of the songs on here were learned by this then novice vocal arranger and sung by our youth choir. Now that I am older and more experienced I will attempt to bring a new generation of listeners aboard for inspirational treat with the uplifting positive and yet still very gospel songs. Every song on here is great and I love especially "Who Do You Say I Am" as I recall having getting much flack from the older saints when I had the choir sing these songs.

Damn Near Kilt 'Em Men's Sport Utility Kilt XX-Large Black
Damn Near Kilt 'Em Men's Sport Utility Kilt XX-Large Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my kilt, May 26, 2014
It feels great, and more importantly looks great! Been wanting one for years and this one while a bit bigger in the waste than I would want fits well with a belt added. Could have gone with large but per sizing info and other reviews chose xx- large. Wearing it soon!

20 Feet from Stardom
20 Feet from Stardom
DVD ~ Darlene Love
Price: $10.99
11 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatness of these Vocalists can not be eclipsed!, January 25, 2014
This review is from: 20 Feet from Stardom (DVD)
All the vocalists featured here are personal faves of mine, and I have many of their recordings in my collection. They spoke the truth, they sang the truth and they continue to live the truth when it comes to the contributions they gave and continue to give to American music yesterday, today and I really hope in the future. A lot can be learned from their experiences and I purchased the dvd for that very reason. It's mandatory viewing for anyone who is serious about their craft as a vocalist in front of or behind the crowd. Add my fave male background vocalist, David Lasley, and you have someone who is extremely happy. Nothing can be taqken from them as they really did hone their skill and give us more than we could have ever imagined musically. Shine on my sisters, and sing on too! I am always listening with awe for all you are!

Live & Unplugged
Live & Unplugged
Price: $13.10
30 used & new from $7.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Twinkie...A True Gem Still Sparkling Without Blinding!, January 25, 2014
This review is from: Live & Unplugged (Audio CD)
I got my cd/dvd combo yesterday and ran straight to my sound system to play it. Nothing new, but there was never anything ever wrong with the timeless message and melodies of Ms. Clark. Definitely an unplugged production and that's a good thing too, as it allows the music and message to be front and center. The background vocalists were very good and the musicians played with and not over the artist which gives one a true sense of where Twinkie is vocally. I am only a bit disappointed that she didn't play the B3 more as that is an aspect I always appreciated of her. She is the Queen of the B3 and definitely a treasure when it comes to a woman psalmist. The cd gave us a remix of "Hallelujah" and I really enjoyed hearing the sisters do their thing with that. Straight gospel singing with no need for gimmicks. Definitely a keeper for my collection

Aching For It: 1 (Dominican Heat)
Aching For It: 1 (Dominican Heat)
Price: $5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars No Pain, No Gain....But Just Wait, Somethings gonna happen real soon!, January 12, 2014
Really enjoyed this first installment of the series. It's passion, it's pain. It's insecurity and it's triumph....so far. I am quite sure there is gonna be some drama next installment when Etienne arrives in USA and Jesse and he have to deal with a character I can see shade coming from, even in the dark. Love ain't always easy, but it is worth fighting for and I imagine we'll see how many rounds this love affair will go before victory or defeat is proclaimed. Already downloaded " Hollywood Flames", hope not to get burned by the fire, but get utterly consumed by the passion. I really love the main characters and am ready to join in on their continued journeys!

The Upper Room Disciplines 2014: A Book of Daily Devotions
The Upper Room Disciplines 2014: A Book of Daily Devotions
Price: $7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God for this resource..., January 3, 2014
As I start my day, I can read this devotional and become more centered and realize that I am here for a reason. I have a place and purpose, and I am loved in ways that can oft times be forgotten in the hustle and bustle of life. The devotionals give me encouragement and inspiration and help me inspire those who are in my circle of influence in all types of situations and circumstances we find ourselves in in life. I am so grateful to have it, because it really does make a positive lasting impact on me.!

Reflections of Divine Love
Reflections of Divine Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Songs of Compassion and Vocal Excellence, January 3, 2014
This is one of those albums that made me come to love gospel music. Bishop J. C. White/Singers really made a memorable and meaningful album when this originally came out on Locus Records in the 70's. Tight vocals, spectacular lyrics and an anointing that stand toe to toe with many other gospel greats of that time and even now. When I am going through I play Lord, Touch Somebody. When I wanna remember why I became a follower of Christ, it's the title track and Show Some Sign. This music really edifies without being to preachy and when I need to be encouraged these songs, psalmists do exactly that. One of my all time gospel favorite albums that never seem dated. Take A Chance was the jam for me and my choir as a young kid. Gonna have to share it with the youth of today. Looking forward to hearing/finding other recordings by this underrated group in the future. So glad I got to see them minister live when I still lived on the east coast in Upstate New York. Miss ministry like this today. Everybody now is a star, these are psalmists and ministers of the message in song and they have made my life much richer. Take a chance and you likewise will be blessed!

I Feel Like Singing
I Feel Like Singing
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $17.34
8 used & new from $11.25

5.0 out of 5 stars The title of this recording says it all!!!, December 27, 2013
This review is from: I Feel Like Singing (Audio CD)
I have long had this recording on vinyl, but I always was hoping for the day it would be released on cd format. That day has come and I feel like singing and dancing! To be able to hear Walter, Lynette, Shirley, Tramaine and everyone involved without the hisses and pops of my vinyl is a real joy. " Do Your Best" along with "He's Everything" are personal favorites, but there isn't a bad selection on this recording. Add to that my favorite scripture being put to music is an added blessing. I cannot express how the life, ministry, and music of Bishop Hawkins and the Family have impacted my life. I cannot recommend this recording enough. I remember being so excited the year it was nominated along with Edwin's "Imagine Heaven" recording for a grammy. Definitely a top notch recording in the annals of contemporary Soul gospel for that and any era!

Fidelity
Fidelity
Price: $10.00
33 used & new from $9.87

5.0 out of 5 stars He's A Faithful Minister of Song to those willing to listen..., October 5, 2013
This review is from: Fidelity (Audio CD)
I am absolutely loving this recording by Mr. Pringle and am simply scratching my head as to why not many have heard of him nor why he isn't in heavy rotation like the usual male vocalists heard on radio today. His songs are fresh and inspire and that voice is full and robust without trying to impress anyone with anything but his love for the Divine. Can't Even Imagine, really moves me to worship, Get In the Word takes me back to good old testimonial service praise, Unmerited Favor gives me fresh perspective on God's grace and reaffirms me as I live my daily walk. Bought this at my local brick and mortar store and it has been in steady rotation on my ipod every since! Get with it folks, he is really a blessed, inspired and anointed psalmist not sticking to the formula heard in the industry today. I am definitely a fan!

What's in it for me?
What's in it for me?
Price: $4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars A good story and likeable characters..., September 24, 2013
I really enjoyed this book and recommend it highly to those who want to see pictures/images of same gender loving men who come to life from different perspectives. One who knew who he was from the beginning and one who discovers who he is to become through experiencing life. Could definitely see this as a little indie feature film if someone is inclined to do it one day! Realistic scenarios are appreciated in this story as well and characters have some depth to them.. I would definitely like to see more of them in the future and anxiously am waiting to see what the author comes up with next!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4