Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for K. S. Bowen > Reviews

Browse

K. S. Bowen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. S. Bowen "KS Bowen" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pilot Automotive CC-6332 Blue/Silver Motorcycle Cover, Medium
Pilot Automotive CC-6332 Blue/Silver Motorcycle Cover, Medium
Price: $15.46
7 used & new from $10.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Medium Size Fits Well, May 21, 2016
I ride a 200cc scooter and this cover fits perfectly. Has integrated tie down holes at the bottom midpoint. I connect a bungie cord between them under the bike and it won't blow off in a storm -- and it's been through a few storms. Wind will get under it but there are covered, screened vents near the bike's mirrors. On the downside, like all bike covers, it's not completely waterproof, rather water resistant. Since it's nylon and the bike is parked outside all the time, the cover will only last about 7 or 8 months before the fabric rots from the sunlight. Mine is ready to replace and I like it so I'm buying another one.

Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5 - Leather/Pinestone
Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5 - Leather/Pinestone
Offered by Green Mountain Camera
Price: $199.75
20 used & new from $199.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Functional, May 8, 2016
I'm in love with the beauty and functionality of this bag and, though it's pricey, I don't regret the purchase. It is sturdy and perfectly holds a Canon 7D with medium zoom + attached hood in the main compartment. Ample side compartments are available for accessories--6 inside pockets and 4 outside. One of those pockets holds the bag's rain shield. The interior modular divider system is typical but I don't use them--I place them on the bottom to provide more padding. Heavy duty outside fabric loops are provided where the shoulder strap attaches, to which lens cases can be attached to expand the bag's carrying ability, if needed. The leather flap is functional and secure with its adjustable velcro and security buckle, though a removable buckle would suit me better. I also love the carry handle--though it is removable if you don't use it. But the very best thing about this bag is the shoulder strap, believe it or not. I've carried heavy camera systems my whole life and this is the first bag to have a shoulder pad that actually alleviates the pain of lugging heavy equipment. The pad itself is remarkably designed with thick padding and non-slip inserts. It slides on the strap rather than being sewn in permanently (better for me) so when walking, I can move the bag back to my hip area and the shoulder pad remains on my shoulder. I had thought of getting a larger version of this bag but I'm glad I didn't. If you carry more than 2 lenses, go larger. Otherwise, this size should be adequate for most enthusiast photographers.

GermGuardian AC4825, 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA, UV-C and Odor Reduction, 22-Inch
Price: $82.99
25 used & new from $78.19

5.0 out of 5 stars It Really Works, May 8, 2016
This is an attractive product that is sturdily built and delivers excellent results. I immediately noticed a difference in quality of sleep, lack of room odors and reduced sneezing. Out of the box, the unit is nearly silent on low speed. I usually keep it running 24 hours per day. After 3 months, the pre-filter was nearly white with dust so it was time to replace it (I don't vacuum it as others do because a new one kills odors better). Replacement filters are readily available on Amazon and it's a quick, easy job. I'm hoping the HEPA filter will last a full year. The motor noise does increase somewhat as the unit collects particles because it has to work harder to pull the air through the filters but the noise is not objectionable. I never would have believed that this unit could change my home life so much for the better. This is one of the best purchases I have ever made from Amazon.

ASICS Men's Gt-2000 3 (4E) Running Shoe,Carbon/Red Pepper/Black,9.5 4E US
ASICS Men's Gt-2000 3 (4E) Running Shoe,Carbon/Red Pepper/Black,9.5 4E US

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fit, Firm Support, October 24, 2015
I've been wearing a somewhat cushy Nike shoe for a couple of years, buying the same pair 3 times (they last about 6-8 months before losing support). I have a wide foot and have to buy 4E shoes. These fit perfectly and provide much firmer support. I may buy a second pair in a different color.

LS2 Helmets OF569 Open Face Motorcycle Helmet (Solid Gunmetal, XX-Large)
LS2 Helmets OF569 Open Face Motorcycle Helmet (Solid Gunmetal, XX-Large)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one I've been looking for, June 25, 2015
This is a terrific helmet. I love the flow-through ventilation, quick release strap, flip up face shield and sun shield. It is of a substantial build and though it's not full-face, it feels like it. There are little zipper pockets near the release strap for an extra key, cash, whatever. My only nitpick: I wish the ear cutouts were larger as my large ears could use them. The flip up face shield is a God-send. I wish I'd had it in my early days of riding. I will be purchasing a second one for the lady.

Champion Men's Vapor 6.2 Running Shorts, Stealth/Fusion Solid, X-Large
Champion Men's Vapor 6.2 Running Shorts, Stealth/Fusion Solid, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for every day wear, June 19, 2015
Very comfortable shorts, Nice fit, lightweight, durable material.

Cygolite Metro 360/Hotshot 2W Combo Light Set
Cygolite Metro 360/Hotshot 2W Combo Light Set
Price: $60.00
9 used & new from $55.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Blindingly Good, April 23, 2015
These are not your typical cheapo big box store bike lights. You get what you pay for. These things are BRIGHT! One of the great things about daytime LED running lights on cars is that they are so visible. These bicycle lights are the same. Their impressive lumen output will make you all the more visible in daylight hours for increased safety. The front light seems about as bright as a car headlight! There are multiple modes for steady, pulsing, flashing with different and random flash patterns, your choice. Each comes with a quick attach/detach clip to handlebar/post mount so you can take take them with you when you park. Warning: do not look directly into these lights -- they are blinding!!

Aduro® U-GRIP PLUS Universal Bike, Motorcycle, Handlebar, Roll Bar Mount for all Smart Phones, Apple iPhone 6s / 6s Plus / 6 Plus / SE / 5 / 5S / 5C / 4 / 4S, Samsung Galaxy S3 / S4 / S5 / S6 / S7 / Edge / NOTE 2 / Note 3 / Note 4 / Note 5, Motorola Droid RAZR / MAXX, HTC EVO 4G, HTC One X, LG Revolution, GPS Holder (Black/Red)
Offered by Entronik
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $13.87

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one for me, April 23, 2015
I love this thing. It's exactly what I wanted to help me map my rides. Attaches securely to the handlebar with hex screw and nut (tool included, as well as extra rubber shims for a perfect fit). The spring clip holds my iPhone 6 safely (will also hold larger phones such as 6+), and the stretch corner fasteners (integrally attached to the handlebar mount) give extra security. Interestingly, the red shade exactly matches my Apple silicone red phone cover. The ball mount allows the phone to be turned vertically or horizontally as well as up and down for a personalized viewing angle.

XeroCover Shield (Slim)
XeroCover Shield (Slim)
Offered by XeroCovers LLC
Price: $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Get This One, April 23, 2015
I bought two of these for my bikes. They work as advertised. Order the largest size only if you have a 'beach cruiser' type seat. Otherwise, the medium fits just about every other road or trail bike seat. The really great thing about this product is if you forget to use it before it rains, you can still slip it over the seat to ride dry. Infinitely superior to plastic shopping bags and they won't blow off while being transported on a vehicle bike rack.

Avenir Rear Road Bike Rack (Black, 700c)
Avenir Rear Road Bike Rack (Black, 700c)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, April 23, 2015
This is the classic rear rack design that's been around for decades. It's very well made and comes with all the necessary hardware for attaching to the bike, even if the cutouts are not present on the bike frame. Installation was very easy. It will give many years of service.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4