Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Profile for Steve E. > Reviews

Browse

Steve E.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 67

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steve E. RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Diesel Men's Owens Fashion Sneaker, Zinfandel/Anthracite, 12 M US
Diesel Men's Owens Fashion Sneaker, Zinfandel/Anthracite, 12 M US
Price: $78.71
3 used & new from $78.71

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the look of these shoes (the zinfandel color) but ..., January 22, 2016
Love the look of these shoes (the zinfandel color) but be warned they run extremely tight and narrow. I typically wear an 11 so I tried that first - way too tight. Sent back for a 12 and still very tight and narrow. Toes have very little room to move around. Rest of the shoe feels fine and they look great it's just the toe design that is uncomfortable. As with all shoes YMMV.

Mercimall Retro Leather Fashion Bamboo Wooden Watch Movement Quartz With Genuine Cowhide Leather Band Casual Watches Creative Gifts For Men
Offered by mercimall
Price: $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't do much better for $25, December 3, 2015
For $25, this is really a solid watch. Very classy and understated design. It's very comfortable on the wrist due to the light bamboo face and the incredibly soft leather band. The glossy black hands really pop against the face. My only disappointment is that the watch I received had a much lighter color band than what is shown in the Amazon photos - it's more of a light tan or beige than brown. I think a darker color would contrast better with the bamboo face. But it's a minor complaint as it still looks good, and they're so cheap that I can always get another one with a darker band. FYI you will probably notice this same watch sold by a varieties of sellers - Cucol, Ideashop, Tamlee, etc. They are all the same exact watch. I went with this one because it was the least expensive out of all the options I could find. Can't do much better for $25 and I'm really happy with the purchase.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Seville Classics Bamboo Bath and Vanity Set, 5 pcs
Seville Classics Bamboo Bath and Vanity Set, 5 pcs
Price: $34.99
18 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, and quality must have been improved, November 19, 2015
The set I received must be updated because none of the issues mentioned in the negative reviews from around 2013 have appeared in mine. I've been using these pieces nonstop for two months now, and the soap dispenser still works fine, no cracks or mold anywhere, and everything is holding up great. This set is an incredible value when you consider that just the trash can alone would cost $40 at a home goods store. The quality is much better than I expected for this price, and other than the tray which I had no use for, it's exceptionally functional and stylish. Would definitely order again for future bathrooms.

6 Pack Ink Cartridges for Stylus Photo 1400 (T079- BK, C, M, Y, LC, LM)
6 Pack Ink Cartridges for Stylus Photo 1400 (T079- BK, C, M, Y, LC, LM)
Offered by Ink_Cartridge_Supply
Price: $6.98
5 used & new from $3.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recognized by Epson Stylus Photo 1400, November 19, 2015
None of these cartridges were recognized by my Epson 1400. At least it was only a $7 waste, but a waste nonetheless.

Shannon Outdoor Wood Chaise Lounge Sunbed
Shannon Outdoor Wood Chaise Lounge Sunbed
Offered by Great Deal Furniture
Price: $159.99
2 used & new from $159.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 70 screws. Nuff said., November 7, 2015
The bad: Yep, there are literally 70 screws to put together this chair and the assembly will leave you inventing new and incredibly foul curse words especially when you realize you have to go back over all 70 screws at the end to tighten them. There is not a number in the known universe that represents how many times the flimsy allen wrench provided will fall in between the wood slats as you're trying to line things up and tighten. Do yourself a favor and get an Allen wrench tool that has a grip, like the ones used by bike shops. Assembly takes about an hour, conservatively, and it gets progressively harder. The mid pieces especially are difficult to tighten. After it's all said and done, the long curved slats don't even end up perfectly level with each other due to the variations in the carpentry. So you may feel one or two slats sticking into your back when you lay down instead of a totally flat and smooth surface.

The good: it is a beautiful looking chair once assembled, and only costs $115, about half the cost of a normal reclining wood chaise lounge. They are perfect for sunbathing and outdoor naps. Relatively comfortable, but extended sits will find you searching Amazon for cushions. I don't believe there is a perfect one for this chair due to the unique curved design, but if one of you find a nice, pliable cushion that doesn't detract from the look, please let me know.

Overall, I'd recommend this chair to only the most patient person who is looking to save money over regular wood chaise lounges. Ultimately worth it in the end, but it's no honeymoon putting it together.

FantasyBuy Continuous Ink System For: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 , 1430 Printer
FantasyBuy Continuous Ink System For: Epson Stylus Photo 1400 , 1430 Printer
Offered by FantasyBuy
Price: $59.99
9 used & new from $50.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, terrible quality, October 14, 2015
I bought this based on all the praise for this CIS on Amazon and I am extremely disappointed with the results. First, the good: instructions were relatively easy to follow, installation was straightforward, unit operated properly after install and I got a couple OK test prints from it. There is definitely the issue everyone else has pointed out about the tubing hitting the paper while the print head moves back and forth, and it does create faint lines in the ink that are noticeable on close inspection. My solution was to take off the "t" bracket inside and let the tubing hang out the front of the printer. Still, that didn't stop the real problems. It began with my switch from matte to glossy paper. As soon as I did this the color coming out of this CIS turned horrendous. The entire color scheme was wrong and black shadows were replaced by vertical yellow lines, almost like the printer didn't realize there was actually ink in the black cartridge. I reset the printer, reseated the cartridges, made sure the tubing to the reservoir was straight and untangled, verified everything was connected properly and tried several different print settings in Photoshop, wasting lots of expensive paper in the process. Gigashop, the vendor, suggested I go back to matte paper and clean the print heads, which I also tried. No matter what I did, the print quality was beyond abysmal and obviously something was not working as intended - either the printer or the CIS itself. [EDIT 11/16/15]: After letting the printer sit unused for 3 weeks, suddenly the CIS system started printing properly again. No idea what caused the issue or what fixed it, maybe something to do with air in the tubes or reservoir? Either way, I spent several hours yesterday making more prints, and now have something else to be disappointed about - the print quality!

As many other reviewers have stated, this ink naturally has a greenish tint to it. After playing with advanced color settings in Photoshop for most of the day, I got it to a point where most of the tint was compensated for, but it still doesn't come close to the prints from the OEM Epson cartridges which had a natural warmth and clarity to them, especially with flesh tones. This CIS, by contrast, is cold in nature and lacks good contrast and depth. And it really does not perform well at all on glossy paper, which is what I use for anything I want to print in high quality and frame (the whole reason I bought my Epson 1400 in the first place). Gigashop, the vendor, admitted in an email to me "normally our CIS system is for daily use for normal paper printing or matte paper." They're not kidding - my prints on regular matte paper looked a lot better than on glossy, which is the first time I can actually say that!

And now the latest in my FantasyBuy CIS saga: after taking the system out of my 1400 and putting in regular cartridges again, the Epson monitor doesn't recognize any of them and thinks they're all still empty. This is after resetting power, reseating the cartridges, rebooting my computer, and other common troubleshooting steps in various orders. Nope, nothing. Now only this CIS system works and I am no longer able to use regular OEM or even knock-off cartridges. Great. So in my attempt to save money over the long term, I have now doomed myself to mediocre prints, lots of wasted time, lots of wasted paper, and lots of frustration. Never again!

In closing I would highly discourage people who use their printer for high quality photo printing from buying this CIS. Your print quality will suffer immensely, you will never get it looking like the OEM ink, and you will risk damaging your printer and warranty. Use at your own risk!

House of Marley EM-JA006-MI Get Together Portable Bluetooth Audio System
House of Marley EM-JA006-MI Get Together Portable Bluetooth Audio System
Price: $142.98
24 used & new from $122.13

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, functional, and great sounding portable speaker., August 19, 2015
Recently I was on the hunt for a bluetooth speaker that fulfills three basic requirements: one, that it is truly portable, meaning it has an internal battery and is not reliant on a power cord; two, that it has powerful and accurate sound without that cheap artificial speaker sound; and three, that it looks great and uses renewable materials like wood or bamboo. There are actually not many products on the market that meet these criteria; most are either too small and mono-sounding or too large and require a power supply. In the end I narrowed my search to this House of Marley speaker and the interesting REVEAL Portable Wireless Solar Powered Bluetooth Speaker. While the Reveal has the solar feature which makes it even more portable and usable on things like camping trips, the HoM speaker just looked higher quality and gave me the impression that it would have superior sound characteristics. I haven't heard the Reveal so I can't make a direct comparison, but I can say that I am extremely pleased with the HoM and think I made the right choice.

For starters it is just an absolutely beautiful thing to look at. The bamboo is stained a rich, reddish color, which looks great set against the black speaker cones. The strip of fabric that sits in between the front and rear bamboo surfaces is a really nice contrasting material and makes the speaker easier to grip. The top-mounted controls are simplistic and easy to access. I like how the LED light is red when the unit is on and not connected to anything, and blue when it has made a bluetooth connection to your device, so you always know what state it's in. It's also a sizable and hefty device, which speaks to the quality of the materials and components inside. The Get Together is simply a beautiful and functional device. Aesthetics: 5/5

The main reason most people buy speakers is because of sound quality, and the Get Together doesn't disappoint here either. Let me get this out of the way first: it lacks a significant bass presence, which is to be expected in a speaker that lacks a dedicated internal subwoofer. Electronic music like house and techno sounds a little on the weak side because of the lack of punch. Yet it does represent the upper low frequencies cleanly and without distortion (about 120Hz and up). Where the speaker really shines is in the mids and highs. It is just clean sounding, and there's lot of detail in these frequency bands. The speaker layout is one important reason why. Many other speakers in this price range have only two speakers that handle everything; the Get Together has four, with two separate L/R tweeters and two L/R main cones. This allows the high frequencies to be separate from the rest of the music, powered by their own dedicated drivers. Your music is going to sound bright and sparkly as a result. Also, there is plenty of juice available - this thing can get incredibly loud through a combination of your bluetooth volume and its own internal amp, but it maintains its clarity throughout. Pretty impressive for a battery powered speaker. Sound: 4/5

Finally, the bluetooth and battery performance have so far been excellent. It has not dropped my iPhone connection once, even when I've been walking around my house or outside on the patio. I haven't tested it over a really long distance but for my purposes it is totally sufficient. And the claimed battery life is accurate, if not even a bit conservative, because I've gone over 8 hours on it already. What more could you want in a portable speaker? Internals: 5/5

For all these reasons I say your money is well spent on the House of Marley Get Together. It is beautiful, sounds great, and is truly portable. A win on all counts.

LUXA2 HO-HDP-ALE1SI-00 E-One Aluminum Headphone Stand for Beats, Sony, Sennheiser, Philips, Skull Candy, Plantronics, Bose, JVC, Gaming, and DJ. Silver
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best single headphone stand I could find on Amazon, August 17, 2015
This is the best single headphone stand I could find on Amazon. I was originally looking for a wood one as I just prefer that kind of look and feel, but I have zero regrets going with the Luxa2. The polished silver looks sharp, especially the beveled edges. It is a quality piece of work and my eyes are constantly drawn to it. Functional and attractive, what else could you want in a headphone stand? Buy now!

iPhone 6 Case, Totallee [The XS] Clear Hard Transparent iPhone 6 / 6S (4.7 inch) Case Ultra Thin Snap On Back Cover
Offered by Totallee
Price: $24.00
3 used & new from $13.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly the greatest iPhone case, August 17, 2015
I would say that this case is just OK. On the one hand it is incredible thin and lightweight, adding minimal bulk to my iPhone 6. But cases like this have a tendency to collect dust and debris just inside the edges, which can actually scratch your phone's surface over time. Also, the case doesn't fit like a glove - it's pretty good, but there is a little play to it, so my phone slides up and down a little bit (yes, I'm OCD and this bothers me for some reason). Finally, I found it strange that the case doesn't completely cover each corner, rather it covers maybe half of the corners. As this is typically where a phone makes impact when it's dropped, these corners should be really protected. All in all I'm a little disappointed with this case, but what do you expect for $10.

LRG Men's The Backwoods Watch One Size Green
LRG Men's The Backwoods Watch One Size Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellentwatch. The first thing you notice is the ..., August 12, 2015
Excellent watch. The first thing you notice is the earthy green & brown color scheme which is right up my alley. The leather strap is exceptionally soft and pliable, unlike most leather watch bands which are on the harder side. Contrary to another review of this watch (the brown model) I had no problems with the clasp, it has held up fine so far. The only con is that the band loops are really narrow and it took me a lot of effort to get the band through them. After a few days of wearing the watch it's gotten a little easier but still a bit tight. Other than that, this is a great casual watch and one that will stay in my collection for a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7