Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for grh > Reviews

Browse

grh's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

grh RSS Feed (Central Texas)

Page: 1 | 2
Bosch 40719A Micro Edge Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 40719A Micro Edge Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Offered by JDM-EURO-MAN
Price: Click here to see our price
48 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars because everything else is amazing, but I'll be looking for another product next ..., May 14, 2015
Upside: whisper quiet and smooth.

Downside: The 19" blade doesn't properly fit my 2007 Mini Cooper S windshield. The return stroke doesn't clean the upper center portion of the window. Gets it going up, but not down. I can live with this,because everything else is amazing, but I'll be looking for another product next time around.

Other than that minor annoyance, these things are great.

Quicken Deluxe Personal Finance & Budgeting Software 2015
Quicken Deluxe Personal Finance & Budgeting Software 2015
Price: $48.74
56 used & new from $37.99

2.0 out of 5 stars This is the same poor product design that affected TurboTax this year and caused ..., April 8, 2015
Aside from being forced to upgrade my software from Deluxe 2012 for no obvious reason....

Intuit now requires the creation of a "Quicken ID" in order to use the program, which requests all kinds of personal information and no way to decline. Your only option, according to support, is to enter false information. In addition, the product now includes all kinds of "features" designed for instant, online access to your information.

Who the hell really needs that? Are people who can afford a smartphone so incapable of managing their finances at home? Seriously, you have to install this on a desktop/laptop, so clearly the product is primarily used elsewhere.

This is the same poor product design that affected TurboTax this year and caused Intuit no end of grief. I will continue to use Quicken because there is no other option, but that doesn't mean I "like" it.

New Balance Men's M801 Classic Trail Running Shoe,Grey,10.5 D US
New Balance Men's M801 Classic Trail Running Shoe,Grey,10.5 D US
Offered by 6pm, LLC

2.0 out of 5 stars these would be good shoes. They are not, April 8, 2015
I've been wearing NB sneakers exclusively for years, and keep moving to the more expensive models because the cheap ones are ... well, cheap. I expected that, for the price paid, these would be good shoes. They are not. Very disappointed in the comfort.

I may have to move to another brand.

iPad Mini Cable, JETech® 1.5m APPLE CERTIFIED USB Sync and Charging Lightning Cable for iPhone 6/5/5S/5C, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini - 0452

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, April 8, 2015
Good, high quality cable. Better than what comes with the iPhone. I've bought two!

Filemate Wintec Professional Plus 32GB UHS-I U1 SDHC C10 Card (3FMSD32GBU1PI-R)
Filemate Wintec Professional Plus 32GB UHS-I U1 SDHC C10 Card (3FMSD32GBU1PI-R)
Offered by Hot Deals 4 Less
Price: $20.02
7 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent write speed in my Nikon DSLR, September 11, 2014
I have 2 of these cards, and (subjectively) their write speed in the camera seems to be better than my Samsung Ultra cards. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, write speed is what matters. I can always get a cup of coffee while the photos download to the computer. This card is a bargain.

ZyXEL 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router (NBG4615v2)
ZyXEL 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router (NBG4615v2)
Offered by MegaRetailStore
Price: $67.01
21 used & new from $65.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Steady as a Rock, September 11, 2014
So far, so good. Reliable, easily managed. If you want extra (guest) networks with limited bandwidth, you'll need to find another device. But for simple and steady, this has been great.

Gardus RLE202 LintEater 10-Piece Rotary Dryer Vent Cleaning System
Gardus RLE202 LintEater 10-Piece Rotary Dryer Vent Cleaning System
Price: $33.57
53 used & new from $26.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than a maintenance man., September 11, 2014
Seems to do the trick.

Fotodiox Telescoping Reflector Holding Arm, Holds 22-inch to 60-inch Reflector Disc
Offered by fotodiox Inc.
Price: $15.95
3 used & new from $15.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Just... don't. Move along, September 11, 2014
This arm arrived reasonably well packaged. Upon opening, the arm and the clamps were in separated cellophane bags. I recognized that the clamps were in one bag, so I picked that one up to open it. One of the handles had broken off, so I looked at how that could have happened, and the spindle is made of plastic. The lever and spindle had snapped off. I look closer and the entire unit is made of plastic, including the rod.

I'm sorry, but it's a arm intended to support weight. Plastic? Really? This would never hold up under even casual use.

I have other Fotodiox products, and have been satisfied with them, but this one is a total bust.

Funtasma Men's Renaissance-50 Dress Boot,Black,10 M US
Funtasma Men's Renaissance-50 Dress Boot,Black,10 M US
Offered by HalloweenCostumes
Price: $32.99
3 used & new from $32.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but there's a fatal flaw, March 6, 2013
Overall, I had high hopes for these; they're sold everywhere online. Got them, put the left one on, and worked on figuring out how to tie them. When attempting to snug the ankle the front tab, to which the ties fasten to secure the shoe, came off of its rivet. The material gave way, and there's no way to repair it. There's also no other way to tie the shoes.

Unfortunate, because the actually fit pretty well (a medium for my 10.5 US shoe size) and the look pretty good. They looked like they would have held up for one season as I save for a pair of boots from Son of Sandlar. Alas, no.

I can not recommend this product.

Winter Quilted Cap-Black
Winter Quilted Cap-Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept... execution, not so much, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Winter Quilted Cap-Black (Apparel)
The design is great, the quilting is a very good idea, and the fit is what I expected (hat size 7 3/8, ordered a large, it's perfect). Bought this for a trip to Colorado, should do nicely.

The quality of the construction is, ahem, not the best. The sewing itself is fine, but the various components of the hat are not aligned well, the knitting that covers the brim was not arranged properly before being sewn down. Overall, a cheap job. Guess where the manufacturing was done? An perfect example of a poor reputation. Consdering the price point, clearly lots of markup for profit here.

OVerall, it will suit my needs in a climate I rarely visit. But good value? Not sure I can agree with that.

Page: 1 | 2