Profile for myhale > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

myhale RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
amFilm Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Tablet P5210 Premium Screen Protector Film HD Clear (Invisible) with Lifetime Warranty (2 Pack) [in Retail Packaging]
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $9.95
4 used & new from $6.71

1.0 out of 5 stars frustrating, complex application, still had dust bubbles, January 19, 2014
I used the hinge method and tape to clean up dust. I got dust bubbles all over. Peeled off corners one at a time, taped more dust up and rolled back on. Still had bubbles and the screen was off center. Took me 30 minutes. The touch screen was not as responsive. After 3 weeks I pulled the cover off. A friend met a guy who sells the screen coating to samsung. He told her she doesn't need to buy film. Im gonna give it a whirl.

Kemper Mini Ribbon Sculpting Tool Set -6 Pieces
Kemper Mini Ribbon Sculpting Tool Set -6 Pieces
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $12.79
9 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny tools that work well for carving., March 21, 2013
I love this set of tools. They are attractive, easy to carve with and clean. They are slightly shorter then other tools so they can be harder to find in a cylinder. They are textured for better grip.

Wire Loop Sgraffito
Wire Loop Sgraffito
Offered by Sell Lounge Inc.
Price: $4.65
6 used & new from $2.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and works well, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Wire Loop Sgraffito
It's not quite as narrow as I would have liked (the loop itself) but that is difficult to tell from a picture. Other then that the tool is well made and feels good in your hand.

Overboard Waterproof Case for iPhone / iPod Touch / Droid / HTC EVO 4G- Aqua
Overboard Waterproof Case for iPhone / iPod Touch / Droid / HTC EVO 4G- Aqua
Offered by Prime Scuba
Price: $28.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Underwater fun at a great price., May 5, 2012
After thinking about buying a waterproof camera to add to my never ending collection of immediately devalued electronics items, I purchased this item. We took it to Hawaii and used it with my Droid Charge. I took the most amazing above and underwater videos and pictures of my kids in the ocean. I wore it around my neck with a rope.
It does tend to fog up after an extended period and the controls don't work great under water, but that has more to do with the phone screen and how it works then the case itself.
It's also a little tight on the Droid Charge so you have to take any other cases off before using.
Overall, I really liked this. Kept the phone clean and worked well. I would test it with a napkin or cloth before the next time I use it to check for deterioration.

Ashtanga Yoga: Introduction
Ashtanga Yoga: Introduction
DVD ~ Richard Freeman
Offered by SBSS4U
Price: $18.94
23 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid intro to Ashtanga video., February 23, 2012
This review is from: Ashtanga Yoga: Introduction (DVD)
This is a beginner level intro to Ashtanga video. Ashtanga is a vigorous vinyasa style of yoga and can be challenging for the average person. The video is slower paced and also talks you through every pose. The production is very basic with no frills or fancy editing or effects. It's just as a yoga video should be. Richard is well respected Ashtanga yoga instructor and has a very calming and soothing voice. He also chants in the intro.
This appears to be the same video as the older one (blue cover)...I had borrowed the older one from the library before purchasing. Just has an updated cover and label.

Gan Mao Ling, 100 ct, Plum Flower
Gan Mao Ling, 100 ct, Plum Flower
Offered by SuperFoods
Price: $11.94
10 used & new from $7.22

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for us..., February 23, 2012
Between my husband and I, we've likely tried every cold preventer/reliever out there from echinacea, vitamin c, emergen-c, goldenseal, Nyquil, Theraflu, Vapor rubs etc. Once we had kids, being sick was beginning to be the norm. I was getting over a cold and was looking around in pharmaca. A helpful salesperson, who turned out to be a teacher of Chinese medicine, told me about Gan Mao Ling. I bought some and gave it a try. Since then, I've been hooked. My husband, who normally does not take any homeopathic stuff, is now also hooked. It works best if you start taking it right away at the beginning of symptoms. I've done that and had all symptoms disappear overnight. Also, it helps to continue taking it for two or three days after your symptoms stop. If I don't do that, it has come back with a vengeance. Overall, it works more often then not and seems more effective then anything else. You do have to stock up and travel with it during cold season...it can be hard to find...but it's worth it for us. As to whether or not there is a placebo effect associated, I suppose that's a possibility. But I'm not to concerned about it as long as it continues to give me the desired results. Good luck.

Yoga w/Richard Freeman: An Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga
Yoga w/Richard Freeman: An Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga
DVD ~ Richard Freeman
8 used & new from $11.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating and at times better then a class., June 30, 2011
Richard Freeman is an amazing yoga instructor. His voice is very steady, calm and soothing. I enjoy the chanting in the beginning as well as the slow pace of the vinyasa. Surprisingly, the pace makes the asanas even more challenging. The video appears to be old but that seems to add to the charm and authenticity of the material being presented. There is no music and very little distraction in the set which makes for a fairly intense yoga session.
I would recommend this for someone who has had some level of Ashtanga instruction in the classroom. Some of the postures are difficult to learn from a DVD, although Richard does a terrific job of explaining them.

Ashtanga Yoga: Practice and Philosophy
Ashtanga Yoga: Practice and Philosophy
by Gregor Maehle
Price: $18.71
96 used & new from $14.44

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read and a good reference manual., June 30, 2011
The first section of the book is some intro to Ashtanga yoga philosophy. It's a small portion of the book but it's chock full of good information. The second portion is the reference guide to the positions or asanas. The photos are in black and white and are of good quality. There's quite a bit of explanation regarding each pose. The third section is the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali. I've never found this an easy read, and it's no different in this book. Probably best to read a bit at a time over the course of several years. Overall, I enjoyed this book and wish there was a bit more to the first philosophy section.

Cbus Wireless Red Silicone Rubber Case / Skin / Cover for Samsung Droid Charge / SCH-i510
Offered by Cbus Wireless
Price: $1.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., June 30, 2011
Color is not quite as bright a red as the picture... The case fit well at first. Had a small tear in the lower corner but appears cosmetic. After about 6 months the case got stretched out and kept falling off. I replaced it with a hard case.

5 Spices, 50 Dishes: Simple Indian Recipes Using Five Common Spices
5 Spices, 50 Dishes: Simple Indian Recipes Using Five Common Spices
by Ruta Kahate
Price: $13.30
94 used & new from $4.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, delicious recipes, June 30, 2011
I've always been intimidated at the thought of cooking Indian food but the title of this book appealed to me. 5 spices 50 dishes sounds too easy but the book lives up to it's simple title. The recipes are easy to follow and the directions are thorough. Against the advice of a friend from India, I used organic ground spices instead of grinding my own... but yet the dishes came out absolutely fantastic. My husband and kids finished off the meals. So far my favorite is the New Bride Curry Chicken. It was spicy, flavorful and yet relatively simple to make.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3