Profile for J. Wright > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Wright RSS Feed (Maryland, United States)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!!, December 25, 2013
Both cables have worked as expected for a new 5S. Love the longer length for snaking behind my work desk. Have for over two months with regular (almost daily) use.

External Super Slim USB 2.0 Slot-In DVD-RW, Silver
External Super Slim USB 2.0 Slot-In DVD-RW, Silver
Offered by tekdeals
Price: $22.95
40 used & new from $14.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, flimsy, cheap, and NO SUPPORT, December 25, 2013
Received this as a gift. I was trying to stay optimistic and try it out. Inserted a movie on CD and it worked but noise sounded like an old cheap PC drive from the late 90's.

The second CD it didn't recognize and I could NOT figure out how to eject it. No help could be found on the tiny piece of paper that came with the drive; didn't even have the manufacturer's name, phone number, or ANYTHING for support. I finally found a tip online to go through iTunes and click the "Eject Disc". That worked.

This is going back ASAP and I'm ordering my own Apple CD drive. At least I know where to go if I have any problems with it.

eforCity 228290 Premium Stereo Headphone Earbud Compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone
Price: $5.38
4 used & new from $1.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not great, February 28, 2013
I was fortunate to order a couple of inexpensive white headphones a couple of years ago and those things were amazing in sound quality and the ability to eliminate background noise. These are NOT them. Not horrible, but not anything near what I expected. Are they cheap? Yes. Do they work? Yes. Then these are for you.

PC Treasures GrippIt! Light 2 pack -Red
PC Treasures GrippIt! Light 2 pack -Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Use these for video backlighting, February 28, 2013
I work in a clinic for people with a neurodegenerative disease. Some exam rooms are poorly lit and we need to see close ups of eye movement. While it is bright, I diffused the light with some paper tape and it works great! The neurologist loves them some much he wants to order a pair for his own personal use. These use 3 AAA batteries which are easy to replace.

We chose the red ones because of the red pill reference in the Matrix. (stupid, I know, but hey, we couldn't decide between red or blue)

BONAMART ® Dual Use Cool Best Special Crocodile Chrome Flip Leather Case for iPhone 4 4G 4S AT&T Verizon Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars The best flip case you could ever own., February 28, 2013
Here are the things I love about it:

The shell is a hard plastic shell that has a very snug fit. All the openings line up to the phone buttons as they should.
I can plug in an *standard* iPhone cord into my phone WITHOUT having to open the case.
The face cover can be removed for non-standard cords and charging.
Beautiful purple/grape/aubergine color.
Very slim and made of genuine leather. (At least I can't tell the difference)
The magnetic closure stays closed!
Takes quite a beating and protects the screen. Story: I had my phone in my coat pocket and walked to the mailbox to get the mail and bring in a trash can. It was raining so I was in a hurry to walk back up my driveway. What I didn't know is that the phone fell out of my pocket and spent the night on the driveway, in the rain. I found it the next day and even suspect my husband ran over it. While the phone did get wet (but not soaked), the case and screen had not a scratch. My phone spent a couple of days in a bag of rice and works perfectly. I give this case credit for protecting it from severe rain and tire damage.

I'm back to order another one since it is inexpensive and the case did get marred from getting ran over in the driveway. I'll keep the other as a backup.

I just wish I could find this style in other in other colors!!!!

Closet Bar Expander - Set of 2 (White) (32.4"l x 29.6"w x 2.5"d)
Closet Bar Expander - Set of 2 (White) (32.4"l x 29.6"w x 2.5"d)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Adjustable, December 27, 2012
I use this in my daughters closet so she can hang pants on the bottom and shirts on top. The second one is in a spare closet and adjusted to store spare sweater hangers with the bar set higher for tablecloths and placemats on the bottom rung. It holds a lot of weight. We have had ours for almost two years and have had no problems with it.

Baggallini Rolling Tote Bag,Navy,one size
Baggallini Rolling Tote Bag,Navy,one size

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Carry On!, December 27, 2012
Have used on a couple of trips already, one overseas. It holds a lot of stuff! It will easily hold two days worth of clothes and an extra pair of shoes. The back section is similar to a very small suitcase and will lay open, completely flat. It's lightweight and very stylish. I get complements from the flight staff. I have not had any problems with the zippers or the handle. I usually stow it in the overhead bin so I have not tried it under the seat yet.

Hoover U6454-900 Self Propelled Windtunnel Ultra Bagged Upright Vacuum
Hoover U6454-900 Self Propelled Windtunnel Ultra Bagged Upright Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cleaning Quality, August 27, 2005
We had to purchase a vacuum for our plushy soft carpet that our Oreck XL couldn't handle. (Oreck's great for stairs, bare floors.) This summer is bad in terms of fleas and I needed something ASAP! I vacuumed the upstairs yesterday with the Oreck to put down flea powder in the bedrooms. I wanted a bagged vacuum because our experience with bagless is it just puts all the dust and dirt back in the air when you empty it.

After getting it home (bought at Costco) and very easy assembly, I started it right up and tested it out. The self-propelled feature is a must for those thick carpets. Otherwise, you would be burning some serious calories. It was easy to use and very manueverable around furniture, tables, and corners. I carried it upstairs with one arm. (It's heavy but has a handy opening/handle in the back.) I revacuumed the entire upstairs.

Here's the best part: I took the bag out to see how much it collected. The bag was almost full from dust, carpet fiber, dirt, and most importantly, FLEAS! I was amazed at how much more this picked up compared to the Oreck. The dirt detection feature is nice but I didn't have time to vacuum my carpet all day to get the green light to stay on. It took 10 or more passes over a certain area before the green light would come on.

It does a wonderful job. The tools are easy to get to and easy to use. Just pull the hose out from the floor beater bar. It comes with extension poles and an extension hose. The hand-held motor brush is good for furniture. The vacuum bags are made out of the same material that you would put on an air filtration system. There is no seperate filter to change. (Very nice.) I will still use my Oreck for the stairs since it is much lighter and compact.

Very easy to use and very powerful and efficient. We bought from Costco in case we didn't like it and wanted to take it back. Costco has the best return policy.

The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood
The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood
by Vicki Iovine
Price: $11.95
631 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't take it so seriously!, February 25, 2003
I, being of sound mind and body, strongly urge the reader of this book to take her comments about weight and your body lightly. She is NOT a doctor. I don't recommend reading this unless you have already gone through birth. I do find her sense of humor enjoyable and the reading to be fairly easy. I was concerned with her "spin" on postpartum depression. She seems to think every woman suffered from it but there is a difference. Depression is a medical disorder where intervention should be sought, not just normal changes in your thought processes. DUH, you just had a baby. She insinuates that this big change in a woman's life is a less than awe-inspiring event. I personally wouldn't change a thing about mine.

Dan Gibson's Solitudes: Exploring Nature With Music: The Classics
Dan Gibson's Solitudes: Exploring Nature With Music: The Classics
Price: $17.96
114 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gread meditation/relaxation CD!, February 25, 2003
I love most of Dan Gibson's works but I enjoy this one as background noise for my baby girl as she goes to sleep. The best thing is the the music is played on traditional instruments and not some cheesy electric synthesizer. That makes a huge difference. The last track is nothing but tranquil ocean waves which I loop for myself when I need help going to sleep. Crystal clear sounds and fantastic music. One of Dan Gibson's best.

Page: 1 | 2