Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Light027 > Reviews

Browse

Light027's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Light027 RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case, amazing for the price, September 21, 2013
The case itself is a hard plastic material, with a glossy finish on the outside. It is comfortable to hold, unlike some gel cases i've tried before.

It fits snuggly on my S3, making a satisfying snap when attached.

My only complaint is that I'm not sure how helpful it would be if I dropped the phone, it certainly protects from scratches to the back, but I doubt it would protect the screen from breaking. That said I did not expect it to, being made of hard plastic, and have still given it 5 stars.

NHL Phoenix Coyotes 4-by-8 Die Cut Decal
NHL Phoenix Coyotes 4-by-8 Die Cut Decal
Price: $14.68
3 used & new from $14.68

3.0 out of 5 stars I've seen better stickers, March 20, 2013
Had these decals been more expensive, I would have given them 1 or 2 stars, since they were only $5 they earned a 3.

Pros:
*Cheap
*Clear plastic backing makes them easy to line up and apply
*Very strong adhesive, waterproof

Cons:
*The white border on the stickers is very thick, about 1/4th an inch.
*They have no glossy coating, so the actual picture scratches off with little wear (BE VERY CAREFUL getting air bubbles out)

Overall they look good, but I expect they won't for long.

Fossil Nate Stainless Steel Watch - Burnished Silver-Tone Jr1388
Fossil Nate Stainless Steel Watch - Burnished Silver-Tone Jr1388

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Band and False Descrption ruin a nice looking watch, March 20, 2013
This watch looks nice, almost like something out of the past. It's pretty good sized and keeps good time. Unfortunately, that's about it for the pros.

On the downside:
*The band is flimsy, hollow, and feels about as sturdy as an aluminum can.
*The description states that it is "Luminous", neither the hands, ticks or anything else glows. (making it pretty hard to read in the dark)
*Fossil's single button clasp barely holds the band closed
*At $150 it's $50 more than other Fossil "Nate" watches on Amazon, and around $25+ more than the same watch elsewhere online (Newegg, etc)

I wanted to like this watch, I still love the way it looks; but it felt like junk sitting on my wrist. While this could be fixed with a new band, a replacement with the same burnished steel would be very hard to find; while going with a different band would ruin the look of the burnished style.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI cable with Ethernet - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest Version] - 10 Feet
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Cable, January 18, 2013
I ordered this cable thinking I was purchasing one of the cheapest HDMI cables on Amazon as all I needed was another spare HDMI cord to hook up my laptop to the TV. Upon receiving and testing this cable I was so impressed that I replaced the cheap HDMI running from my cable box with this one, I paid $20 for that cable and it's only 6ft.

Look no further, this is the perfect HDMI cable hands down, and as an added bonus, one of the cheapest too.

Invicta Men's 0070 Pro Diver Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch
Invicta Men's 0070 Pro Diver Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch
Offered by Discount Watch Store
Price: $101.68
34 used & new from $97.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Freaking huge watch, June 12, 2012
Most of the other reviews comment on the size and weight of this watch; they're not joking. I personally love this watch and am very happy with it, but if you don't want to have 1.8 lbs on your wrist this probably isn't the watch for you.

Comes with all its links in the band so you will probably need to have some taken out, this is not hard to do by hand or if you don't feel comfortable your local jewelry shop can probably do it for very cheap.

Did I mention that it keeps perfect time?

If I had to make one complaint it would be that the band and case seem to scratch fairly easy, but I suppose that's the nature of stainless steel. The crystal itself is pretty scratch resistant.

EDIT: It has been 3 months since I purchased this watch, let me first make it clear that just because I dropped 2 stars from the review does not mean I don't love this watch. I do, but let me explain...

I have been very careful with the watch overall, never dropped it, despite it weighing so much. At some point about 2 weeks ago I must have hit the watch on something as I noticed the crystal was pretty badly cracked. When I contacted Invicta about having it repaired under warranty I was informed it would cost $40 to send it to them + shipping there. After that it would take them AT LEAST 90 days to process the repair.

I decided for $40+ I could take it to my local jewelry store where my family and I have always taken all our watches for crystal & other repairs; and at the very least not have to wait 3 months. I dropped it off and he told me it should be no problem. The next day I got a call from him explaining he was very surprised to find that the crystal in the watch is 7mm thick, well more than he has in stock or even than the company he gets watch crystals from sells. He told me he would see about having the company buy a crystal from Invicta to sell to me. About a week passed and I received another call from the jeweler informing me that Invicta had refused to sell the crystal company, or even him directly, a replacement crystal and we would have to send it in to have it repaired.

All that said I still love this watch, and I am sure I will continue to love it once I get it back in 90+ days from Invicta. Consider yourself warned though, if you buy this watch and the crystal, which is not sapphire and therefore not very strong, does happen to break, you will probably be forced to send it to Invitca for $40 and 90 days.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 12:42 PM PST