Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Papa Bear > Reviews

Browse

Papa Bear's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Papa Bear "Tinman1321" RSS Feed (Sierra Vista, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Black 12MP Full HD 1080P Bicycle Motorcycle Ski Helmet Sports DV Action Waterproof Car Video Camera SJ4000
6 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Best Purchase for 2015! - Firmware is everything, January 1, 2016
I purchased this camera to record my scuba diving adventures and other high motion events. My buddy had a GoPro, but had limited success. When he almost lost his camera, I went searching and found this one. One thing I will say is that the firmware on this camera (June 2015) was awesome; this model unlike others allowed you take a picture while shooting video with the bottom button as well as digital zoom. The clear case was fine at 100ft plus depths. Despite loosing the camera due to using an aftermarket wrist mount on a boat dive, the price to replace the unit and microSD card was still less than the price of the cheapest GoPro camera by about 66%.
(Use the steel mini cables and/or lanyard as backup)*
The pictures and video were awesome. Note: some of the other reviews mention picture issues - the camera cannot make-up for poor lighting or photography techniques. I would recommend an extra light fixture that uses the same kind of batteries.
Finally, format your card after you transfer your media. This will help with if you use your cards in multiple items like a phone or mp3 player.
Great firmware, HD 1080P, and 170 degree, and picture/video format make this camera a very good alternative.

Komputerbay 2GB 2X 1GB DDR2 533MHz PC2-4200 PC2-4300 DDR2 533 (240 PIN) DIMM Desktop Memory CL 4
Offered by Komputerbay
Price: $10.40
39 used & new from $4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as advertised and provided the best bang for the buck, November 29, 2015
Purchased memory to maximize my older HP Compaq machine. Kept the purchased memory paired to work with the existing memory in the opposite bank. Would be happy to purchase other types of memory if the price is right.

Snark SN-8 Super Tight All Instrument Tuner
Snark SN-8 Super Tight All Instrument Tuner
Price: $12.12
151 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Low Brass, October 29, 2015
I play baritone and euphonium and previously used a Korg CA30 tuner which worked well until it went missing after moving. I am happy to recommend the Snark SN-8 tuner for under $15! (I was able to get it for under $11 at the time of this review) The price for this tuner at my local music store was $40 which is crazy, but the Snark SN-8 is an awesome product. The Snark SN-8 is easy to use right out of the box and clips easily to the tubing. I like the idea that the tuner is locked on to my sound vs the instruments around me when connected to my instrument. The color display is bright enough and large enough to read comfortably without being a distraction. The SN-8's clip allows the display to be rotated to various angles which is good for my concert and marching low brass instruments. The SN-8 also has a metronome feature as well. Finally, it fits nicely into the accessory area of my horn case.

General 3-way Adjustable Hand Grip Stabilizer Mount Arm Action Camera (Black)
General 3-way Adjustable Hand Grip Stabilizer Mount Arm Action Camera (Black)
Price: $3.99
25 used & new from $0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Must get attachment for SJ4000 or GoPro camera, October 25, 2015
Great accessory for the SJ4000 and GoPro cameras.
Although my SJ4000 variant came with a lot of attachments, it didnt have a simple clip.
For under $5, this clip attachment provides a hands free option. The swivel allows various angles and positions to setup filming.
I used mine for scuba and it hooked up to my scuba BCD strap without any restrictions or wear.
It has some holes that will support attaching a ring that allows my bungee cord to loop through as a secure backup.
I also placed used the attachment with a wrist strap to that came with my SJ4000.
My favorite way to use the clip is to hang it from the sun visor of the car and rotate the camera screen for filming as I drive.
No sticky pad, no mess, no sun melting the adhesive, and quick setup & teardown.

ANART® White SPC-04 A8 720P Sports Camera Action Diving 98FT(30M) Waterproof Helmet DVR With the Small Shockproof Bag

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Baseline for the $, but recommend HD model for the Long Haul, October 25, 2015
This is a good baseline model, but I would have to recommend going with a Higher End HD 1080 model.
The quality is fine in optimal conditions, but decline after that.
One of the better products that supply all of the attachments out of the box instead of having to buy them individually.
The case does hold all of the articles, but will be tight if you add anything else.
ANART is one of the better companies that does have a website for support of its product, which is a plus.

Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Armor A30 Shockproof Standard 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 Military Grade  Portable External Hard Drive,Black (SP010TBPHDA30S3K)
Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Armor A30 Shockproof Standard 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 Military Grade Portable External Hard Drive,Black (SP010TBPHDA30S3K)
Price: $58.99
18 used & new from $53.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy unit, Stable, Small footprint, Non propriatery interface., July 24, 2015
After my backup drive was knocked off the shelf, I decided to get the Rugged Armor 1TB to avoid a repeat incident.
I have seen these around during various indoor and outdoor operations both private, corporate, and government which gave me some confidence in purchasing. My initial and mitigated issue was that the drive's file name character size limit seemed conservative compared to my Western Digital. unit. (It was between 32 and 64 characters). Easily fixed with a quick rename and elimination of spaces. Very happy that this drive uses a standard USB Type A to Type A connections and DOES NOT require an additional power adapter. I should note that the unit is USB 2.0, but its on my wifi network so the throughput is kind of moot. I bring up the connections, since the Western Digital unit has a proprietary USB 3.0 interface.
Overall, great unit and the satisfaction of being able to survive a physical incident. Although, I am NOT going to put it to the test.

HooToo Wireless Travel Router, USB Port, High Performance- TripMate Nano (Not a Hotspot)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four + Stars, Versital & Capable Network Adapter, July 7, 2015
I was very happy with my purchase as it is a great option for both a mobile access point and network attached storage adapter. Compared to the other units that are available, the HT-TM02 TripMate Nano was the best bang for the buck with respect to versatility & capability. I especially like being able to go either wired or wireless. The HT-TM02 comes with a micro USB cable. However, I recommend getting a USB to power adapter for NAS or not being connected to a host computer. I would have paid $1 dollar more for the adapter to have a complete kit. Fortunately, I have spares from phones and other electronic gadgets and its not a show stopper if you don't have one depending on what function you are performing. The HooToo website had firmware updates that will need to be applied, but that to is very easy with their provided instructions. My final point is making sure that your USB storage is firmly inserted into the unit prior to applying power to the unit. Initially, my 1TB USB external drive would not recognize, but the normal USB stick would. Overall a great product and recommended for under $20.

SHARKK Computer Wireless Optical Mouse with 8 Buttons for Laptops, PC and Mac Computers (SK2283-BLKBLU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse - happy to take it on my trips and it fits my hand (large), December 14, 2014
Purchased as a replacement unit and I had high expectations which the Sharkk fulfilled.
I really like the on/off switch which my other units do not have in addition to the efficient "sleep mode"
this feature is a big deal since it sits in the bag on trips. In the past, I discovered that my old mouse would drain itself because the button was pressed. I am sure it timed itself out, but was still dead when I needed it.
Range on the mouse is good and it travels smoothly on the mouse pad.
I just need to learn how to re-purpose the buttons on the mouse; My model is catered to the web browser and email, which is good but would like to have it perform some gaming functions as well.
Finally, the design is comfortable for medium to large hands alike.
The Sharkk is my new go to unit.

Premium Guard PA5463 Air Filter
Premium Guard PA5463 Air Filter
Offered by Virota
Price: $15.96
8 used & new from $5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my 2005 Toyota Corolla!, December 14, 2014
Perfect fit for my 2005 Toyota Corolla!
Came shrink wrapped in the box with no damage.
Worth waiting for vs paying two to three times the price at a retail store.
Change out took less than 10 minutes total.
Happy to see the YouTube video to show position and direction if you were not familiar with the procedure.
Will definitely buy again!

Premium Guard PC5491 Cabin Air Filter
Premium Guard PC5491 Cabin Air Filter
Offered by Autoplicity
Price: $11.04
5 used & new from $3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my 2005 Toyota Corolla!, December 14, 2014
Perfect fit for my 2005 Toyota Corolla!
No issues and I got it a great price compared to retail and other online stores.
Delivered as promised.
Took about 5 minutes to change it out.
Procedure for change out on YouTube.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3