Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Richard G. > Reviews

Browse

Richard G.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 133

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Richard G. RSS Feed (Santa Rosa CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
G & F 1516L-3 Premium High Visibility All Purpose MicroFoam Double Textured Coating Safety Work Gloves, Garden Gloves, for Men and Women (3 Pair Pack), Large
Price: $10.99
4 used & new from $7.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but with limited abilities. Watch out for the sharp stuff., June 25, 2016
I have always used the traditional leather type of gloves for landscaping and overall construction work outside and decided to give these a try. I got the large and they fit pretty well, although the snugness is sort of different. I discovered to my immediate discomfort that these don't prevent rose thorns or sharp wood splinters from penetrating. They do. However, these are still very good quality gloves and DO perform as protection for your hands when doing almost anything else. My problem with the leather ones were that when they get muddy and wet, and then dry out, they tear and become useless very quickly. So, my new strategy is to use THESE for overall work, especially when wet or muddy conditions confront you, as they are good quality -- but for being shielded from thorns and wood splinters? Caution. I still like these and am glad I got them, though .They're sort of like scuba diving gloves (snug form fit), but you get used to it. And the fluorescent green makes certain that you won't leave them at the job site. I hate doing that.

Victorinox Scissor Spring, Large
Victorinox Scissor Spring, Large
Offered by Buffalo Gap Outfitters
Price: $2.95
8 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars For the tiny price, you get your knife scissors back in action -- and with five reserves., June 25, 2016
The scissors for my Huntsman Swiss Army knife are now restored to perfect condition, thanks to finding these replacements here. Punching out the old broken one took a little doing -- and I finally opted for what some of you used: one of my micro screw drivers, and it worked. Anything with a slender end on it will work, though. I guided the new one on, and then pressed it into place by gently using a pair of needle nose pliers. (One side of the insert ring of the blade is smaller than the other, and you force it out the larger side). I needed to put on my glasses. LOL. These are great quality springs, like the originals, so don't worry. I agree with one reviewer who said that a knife/spring guide on this page would have been very cool to see initially, since they had mistakenly gotten the wrong size the first time. As far as removal and installation of your new springs? There are some really neat "how to" videos on Youtube and I must confess that I watched one before doing mine. My S.A. Huntsman is now back in action and I'm thrilled. (Huntsman takes the large size, and my knife is the typical 3.5" long when folded).

Begelow Lemon Ginger Probiotics Herbal Tea (Pack of 4)
Begelow Lemon Ginger Probiotics Herbal Tea (Pack of 4)
Offered by Amazing Prime Value
Price: $16.20
15 used & new from $10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., June 21, 2016
The flavor is superb and it definitely settles the stomach. I will have to try it iced some time, as some of the other reviewers have made that sound interesting! This is another terrific natural alternative to the awful prescription and over the counter "medicines" that are being pushed on us by the doctors. I usually buy these one box at a time at the store, but the four box set offered here? I couldn't resist.

ACDelco A975C Professional Air Filter
ACDelco A975C Professional Air Filter
Price: $10.75
25 used & new from $8.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Your vehicle will breath easier. Don't wait years like I did., June 21, 2016
A perfect fit for my '91 Pathfinder -- and I was ashamed that I had waited that many years to check the old one when I saw it. I went for this air filter because of the attractive price (and the older one in there was a Fram, which is my usual favorite). This ACDelco appears to be very good quality.

Wells 15665 Distributor Cap and Rotor Kit
Wells 15665 Distributor Cap and Rotor Kit
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality and they both went right in., June 21, 2016
This set fits my '91 Pathfinder perfectly and it's higher quality than the ones I usually get at the stores. I'm very pleased.

Code of Honor 3: Desperate Measures - PC
Code of Honor 3: Desperate Measures - PC
Offered by knightdiscounts
Price: $3.99
11 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This one surprised me, June 18, 2016
Like many of you, I'm a COD and MOHAA fan and have come to expect a lot from a FPS game. I wanted a budget priced PC game to tide me over until I spent the big money on one of the headliners. I played this one on Maximum difficulty and was so entertained the entire way through. At that game setting, the bad guys are highly aggressive and amazingly devious -- hiding from you, running away if you have the advantage on them and then ambushing you when you thought the entire room had been cleared. The folks who made this one really put some quality and style into it and I wanted to come back and write this review. Many games out there have that "cartoon like" feeling to them and are a let down after playing something like COD -- and this game starts out a little that way, to be honest. But hold on, because this one gets progressively better and the firefight battles with the henchmen are not to be missed. They got me innumerable times and the use of the game save feature became my instant refuge on many of the later missions. There are some very well done reviews here that were responsible for me purchasing this game and taking the chance, and I wanted to say thank you to all of you who did that. I had great fun playing this one. You won't be tossing THIS one into the waste basket after ten minutes (lol), I can assure you.

TASCAM DP-008EX Digital Portastudio 8-Track Portable Multi-Track Recorder
TASCAM DP-008EX Digital Portastudio 8-Track Portable Multi-Track Recorder
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $134.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Another budget minded masterpiece from Tascam, May 30, 2016
This small recorder is just amazing in how many features it has and the sound quality, even when just wearing headphones to monitor your progress -- is incredibly rich. The folks who commented on the "over complexity" of it are right and I get what they mean now. However, it's just really a matter of sitting down with the instruction manual and crunching through all of the steps. It's a little intimidating at first, but like riding a bicycle, you'll pick it up pretty fast -- and you'll be using it with ease sooner than you think. Like many of you, I still have my beloved Tascam 4 track TAPE recorder and I used that one for years and years, with outstanding "non hiss" quality recordings that I still have and listen to. I'm an old horse, and it was a while before I was convinced about digital recorders. I'm stunned by this DP-008EX. Recording and over-dubbing your tracks is super easy after a few tries. I've got it propped up on a small shelf by my desk and amplifier so that it's easier to see and work with. It looks so very nice. I was originally going to be cheap and get the previous model (six track) to save money -- but THIS ONE has the lighted display screen and looks so cool. I'm very pleased. What put me over the top to actually buy this one? As is many times the case, it was the musicians and home enthusiasts here who took the time to write out those superb and detailed reviews. Thank you all, OK? This machine is a blast and sounds incredible for the price. *** My only complaint is that they don't make it clear that the adapter in NOT included and I ordered this recorder without one and had to play with batteries for a while. No big deal, but they should make that more clear to people, I think. I later ordered the recommended adapter shown below on the product page, and that's the one you want. I'm good now. ***

Hanes Men's 6 Pack Cushion Crew Socks, White, 10-13 (Shoe Size 6-12)
Hanes Men's 6 Pack Cushion Crew Socks, White, 10-13 (Shoe Size 6-12)
Price: $8.00
17 used & new from $7.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for work or casual., May 30, 2016
Us guys do go through socks after a while. These are high quality and a super deal in the multi-pack. They've become my only choice over the years.

Flexrake 1000A Hula-Ho Weeder Cultivator with 54-Inch Aluminum Handle
Flexrake 1000A Hula-Ho Weeder Cultivator with 54-Inch Aluminum Handle
Offered by Longbottom & Hardsaw Inc
Price: $36.77
7 used & new from $25.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning garden tool and a must for home gardeners, May 30, 2016
I'm a landscaper and I had a customer refer me to one of these. They are unbelievably handy and more efficient than a standard tool is. You get "under" the weeds and just lift them away by bringing the blade towards you. No more huge hunks of soil mixed into your debris pile as you go. Once you get the hang of using one of these, you will astonish yourself at how much area you'll cover -- and with MUCH less effort. I love this thing. It's made super tough, too and is designed for the real world. The bright yellow handle makes sure that you don't leave it at your last job, too. LOL.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 9.8 Feet (3 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, May 30, 2016
Solid, good quality cord and connects right up to my computer and the back of my TV with ease.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14