Profile for Echo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Echo RSS Feed (FL, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3
DuckTales - Remastered PS3 - PlayStation 3
Price: $16.70
35 used & new from $12.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Old is New Again - It Never Looked So Good, July 23, 2014
Yes, I was so excited about this release that I pre-ordered it. I *pre-ordered* a Duck Tales game (and proud of it). The graphics are what you would expect for a "remastered" title from the old, original Nintendo days so that is to say I am quite pleased with the updated results. Although there are changes to the game mechanics and even the graphics it's not so much that it would bother you if you liked the original. This is just the sort of game to play for the casual gamer who doesn't mind games based on a kid's cartoon or for those of us with severe nostalgia issues (raising hand). There is still skill involved in getting through each level (just like the original) and if you can play this without singing the theme song then I tip my hat to you, sirs and madams (because I can't - I STILL know all the words ;)

elago PALMREST SKIN for 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina display with Trackpad Protector(For Macbook Pro Retina Ver. Only)
Offered by elago design
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisifed, July 23, 2014
Love this palm rest skin! I bought it in Feb 2013 to go on a MBP 15 Retina and it still looks like I just put it on (I am careful with my computers, though). Installation was not difficult for me and what I love most is it's a near-perfect match color wise for the laptop's natural palm rest color. This was extremely important as I wanted protection but didn't want to have a constant reminder of said protection :)

I can't complain about this item at all - even the price ($14.99) - considering how pleased I am with it and its performance on the laptop. My husband's going to get a MBP for school in a week so I'll definitely buy another for his laptop.

OWC 480GB Aura Pro 6G Solid State Drive & Envoy Pro Storage Solution for 2012-2013 MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display

1.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Believe This...DOA, October 26, 2013
I was excited to discover that OWC had a retina-display compatible SSD upgrade option for the MBP Retina and even more excited after seeing how easy it *should* be to do the job (their video is very well done and easy to follow). Unfortunately, I seem to have gotten one of the infamous DOA units that I've discovered have plagued other purchasers. The drive seems fine initially. I was using Disk Utility to move the original drive's info to this drive before installing it in the computer and it would get about 2/3 of the way done before the OWC drive disappears from the D/U sidebar and I get an error message stating "Restore Failure." I Googled the full error message and suddenly found other buyers with the same story for this SSD. Undaunted, I tried repairing the drive, verified it, checked all cable connections, etc. - no problems there but the stories I found elsewhere on the 'net keep claiming that this error is related to a bad drive.

I decided to try Carbon Copy Cloner instead of Disk Utility, thinking perhaps different software would help. No go. Same thing (different error message) with the drive disappearing after about 30 mins of 'copying.' I noticed that a red LED light would flash on the OWC drive shortly before all h3ll breaks loose, but I'm not sure if this is related. At this point, I'm frustrated and disappointed that $579 couldn't get me a working drive out of the box. Also, I found a YT video from one of these semi-pro reviewers that stated the drive he tested (the 240GB ver) was DOA right out of the box, too! What that...?? So, OWC sent him another one to test and the second drive lasted a whopping 1 MONTH.

Historically, I have appreciated the offerings of OWC and love their DIY videos. Despite the similar experiences I found online I still have a hard time believing they would charge almost $600 for - literally - junk. Needless to say, after wasting a few HOURS trying desperately to get this thing to work, it is now packed back up in its box with the RMA slip and headed back to Amazon for a refund.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 1:15 PM PST

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Pro 15000mAh 3-Port Aluminum Portable External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology and 9V/12V Multi-Voltage Port for iPad Air mini, iPhone 5s 5c 5; Galaxy S5 S4, Tab 2, Note, Nexus, HTC One, PS Vita, Digital Cameras and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $139.99
4 used & new from $61.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective After Less than 2 Months, December 27, 2012
I did my due research on these types of devices prior to buying and narrowed it down to this Anker and the New Trent iCarrier 12000mAh Heavy Duty 2A/1A Dual USB Ports External Battery Packs. I eventually selected the Anker as it had more reviews and a pretty impressive rating of 4.5 stars. I did peruse the 1-star reviews just to see if there was anything of any note but came away seeing mostly folks who didn't know to remove both film covers from the top of the device, so Anker it was! I followed the initial charging directions and for the first 5.5 weeks all was well. However, after charging it this past weekend, I didn't attempt to use it again until two days later, Monday, when I discovered it was already down to 2 lights. I thought that was odd but didn't immiediately think anything was wrong until I tried to charge my Jambox and the Astro3 immediately shut off. I tried charging it again, thinking perhaps the Jambox was drawing too much power, but that's when I discovered that the Astro3 now isn't charging at all. I've tried different outlets (at work AND home) and the same thing occurs: it will appear to charge with the four lights lighting in succession, then after about 1-2 minutes the entire unit powers off. I'm sorely disappointed as normally I don't have issues with products that I've researched. There *are* a few 1-star reviews stating the unit didn't last long, but TWO MONTHS?? Of course, it's outside of Amazon's return period so I'm stuck with a $60 paper weight. O Joy.

Gator GK-2110 Gig Bag for Micro Controllers (22.5" x 11.5" x 4")
Gator GK-2110 Gig Bag for Micro Controllers (22.5" x 11.5" x 4")
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $29.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Needs, November 27, 2012
I do part time transcription and since I also have a full time office job the time I have to do my typing can vary greatly. I've taken to doing transcription while on my lunch break and found that packing up my laptop, foot pedal, full size wireless keyboard and other accessories had become a chore. I was looking for a bag to carry all of this in but something not excessively large or expensive. This bag does the trick quite nicely. I realize it's designed for a small keyboard but if you're looking for a reasonably priced bag to carry a laptop (mine is 14" with a heavy, 12-cell battery), full keyboard and all your accessories without having to shell out $50-100 then this may be something you want to look into. I love this bag!

HHI Aluminum Home Button Kit for iPod Touch 2nd/3rd/4th Generation (4pcs Designs) - Silver (Package include a HandHelditems Sketch Stylus Pen)
Offered by HandHelditems
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, September 30, 2012
They have a very light, plastic feel to them, but appear very shiny and "metallic", which is good. I was hoping (based on the pics) that they would be more of a rounded, 'bubble' shape (similar to the "Hello Kitty" buttons) but these are pretty flat once seated on the iPhone's home button, so it really wasn't what I was looking for. I'm much happier with the Apple Logo Home Button Sticker for Iphone 4g/4s Ipad2 Ipod Ib041c + Free Screen Protector but I'll probably keep these in case I just want something that looks different.

Photive Hybrid iPhone 5 Bumper Case - White. Designed for The New iPhone 5.Updated Lightning Port Cutout

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits, but..., September 30, 2012
...the case seems to pick up the color on the inside of the phone wallet I put it in or the denim color of my jeans if I slide the phone in my back pocket, so the edges of the bumper have turned a hideous, bluish/black color. Not pretty on a brand new iPhone. This happened on day one, less than a couple hours after putting the case on. Needless to say, I'll be shopping for a different (higher quality) bumper case.

Actiontec PWR211K01 200 Mbps Powerline Home Network Adapter Kit
Actiontec PWR211K01 200 Mbps Powerline Home Network Adapter Kit
Offered by Eonline
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $59.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work With AT&T U-Verse?!, August 22, 2012
This option seemed like a great idea and even appeared to work for a few days after having AT&T's U-Verse IPTV service installed. However, after only a short while I began experiencing drops in the internet and cable service where both would be interrupted intermittently. I thought this was an issue with the service provider and so contacted AT&T. Initially a service tech came out and diagnosed a "fried" gateway modem. He replaced it and all was good for about 12 hours. I woke the next morning to see the "service" light on the brand new gateway an ugly, solid red (when is the color red EVER good on an electronic device?) and the same old interruption issues we had with the old gateway. Another call to U-Verse and another tech visit this time yielded the information that these types of devices "don't work with our service." The moment he disconnected the adapters the internet connection was fine.

I'm highly disappointed these didn't work because I really wanted Ethernet speeds (not Wi-Fi) on the desktop computers but I have no choice now but to use the built-in wireless connection on our iMac and HP Slimline. I would suggest to the manufacturer that if they don't already to please post "compatible with" lists on websites selling this product. I have no choice but to believe my service provider if they tell me these home network adapters don't work with their service, especially when in the two weeks since removing them, there have been zero issues with the U-Verse TV and internet. The only reason I'm giving as many as two stars is because when the adapters weren't choking my signal strength throughout the house, they worked amazingly well.

On the bright side, it was a quick and painless return process with Amazon.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2012 8:34 AM PDT

Mediflow Original Waterbase Down Pillow
Mediflow Original Waterbase Down Pillow
Price: $87.19
4 used & new from $86.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelieveable, August 22, 2012
I'll be the first to admit that I balked at the price tag of this pillow. $90 for ONE, SINGLE pillow?? I'd already chosen the Mediflow Waterbased Pillow with 'regular' stuffing and had talked myself into believing that $30 was acceptable if this pillow could truly relieve my moderate-to-severe neck pain (residual effect of a car accident in '97). However, before I hit "order now" I took another look around Amazon and found this pricier version, touting "down filling". Even though this one didn't have nearly the number of reviews, I thought I'd give it a try as I was desperate for relief. I just moved into a new town home and bought a foam mattress to replace a decade-old inner spring mattress that should've been tossed about 5 yrs ago ;) I was feeling a little better from upgrading the bed but I was still waking up with terrible head, shoulder and neck aches which I quickly surmised were due to the cheap-y pillows I was still using.

Well, after deciding on the "upgrade" to the Mediflow Waterbase Down Pillow, I was already anticipating it wouldn't work (despite reviews for the other Mediflow pillow) and sending it back. However, after sleeping on it for almost a week now, I have had ZERO neck problems. I still don't believe it even as I'm typing this and trust me, if I wake even once with neck pain I *WILL* come back here and report it. So far, though, this pillow has been worth EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR spent on it and I actually look forward to laying down on it each night and waking in the morning feeling like I actually got a good night's sleep (which I haven't felt since we got the first mattress back in 2002).

I've always bought the cheapest pillows, never spending more than $6 at Wally World (Walmart, to the uninitiated) and even though they were new found I had to double them up and twist and contort them in hopes of getting it "just right" for my neck to be aligned properly and not wake me up at 3a.m. in pain.

Let's just say that now I know better. The instructions were simple, I used regular tap water and measured exactly 3L. Despite the directions stating this is "medium" firmness I have to object; seems more like it's soft to me, but I'm not changing it because it's working marvelously. I'll probably change the water every six months even though the instructions state you can wait a year, just because 12-mo old tap water under my head sounds gross. Also, it wasn't difficult at all to press the extra air out so there is no 'sloshing' when my head rolls around on the pillow. One final note: I did also buy the Mediflow Quilted Pillow Covers (found here on Amazon) for this pillow at the suggestion of another reviewer and I think that slight extra padding does really help turn this great pillow system into a FANTASTIC choice. I don't yet have the pillow slip case cover but I'm thinking about buying it to slip over the quilted cover.

I'm truly stunned and impressed with this pillow and most of all happy beyond words that I've found a non-medication/surgical route to alleviate my persistent neck pain. I'd recommend this pillow even if it was more expensive. In my estimation, the fact it works is worth any price.

Genuine V-Moda Octave Earbud Hi-Def Earbuds/Headphones
Genuine V-Moda Octave Earbud Hi-Def Earbuds/Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't Replace the Bass Freqs, March 23, 2012
I decided to try these V-Moda earbuds because, quite frankly, the cost of most of the Bass Freq models is absurdly high these days. The V-Moda "Octave" Hi-Def earbuds sound pretty fantastic with a balance between clear, higher ranges (treble) and thumping lower ranges (bass). The rubber earbud protectors are comfortable (I prefer earbuds so if you have trouble with this headphone style you should continue to stay away) even after hours of use. They feel and look pretty durable, even when compared to the Bass Freqs so I thought I'd picked a complete winner. Unfortunately, I kept getting a nagging feeling that I was missing something. For my test music, I played a hip-hop song I knew to be full of bass and listened to it with both the Bass Freqs and the Octaves. The 'thumping' base I thought was quite acceptable on the Octaves turned out to be no so much when compared to the Bass Freqs. I don't listen to a lot of hip-hop/rap, but I do love to hear bass in whatever I'm playing and so I am a little disappointed that the Octaves aren't quite as powerful as the Bass Freqs.

On the other hand, for about $30 you do get a very good-sounding pair of earbuds with their own carrying bag, a set of earhooks to attach to the earbuds, a splitter so another listener can enjoy the beats with you (assuming you want to sit that close;) and extra silicone fitters for the buds (which, by the way, appear sturdier than the Bass Freqs, which seem to go a little soft after a couple months of use so the noise-canceling seal isn't as great). I've decided to stick with the Bass Freqs for iPod listening, and I've been using these Octaves for my part-time transcription job; they cancel noise better than any other headset I've tried and because the higher tones come through darn-near crystal clear, recorded speech is amazingly easy to pick up.

Verdict: I love the headset, just not for what I originally purchased them for. If the bass was as rich and deep as the Bass Freqs while still maintaining clear higher tones, the Octaves would be 5-star for sure.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4