Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for katiebear > Reviews

Browse

katiebear's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

katiebear RSS Feed (Texas)

Saving Charlie (A Heroes Novel)
Saving Charlie (A Heroes Novel)
by Aury Wallington
83 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, in-depth, and emotional, December 26, 2007
I started reading this book this morning on the train, and couldn't put it down! the writing is great -- engaging, witty, smart, and I think it perfectly suits the tone of the show, without being too heavy-handed with specific show references. the characters are wonderfully drawn -- reading Hiro's story here makes me want to go back and watch the entire series again, knowing what I know about him now. he's just as loveable in the book as he is on the show, but less charicaturish -- so often we just get to see the outward goofy guy who's always throwing his hands up in the air and cheering. that Hiro is here, but we also get to see what he's thinking underneath that befuddled exterior. the novel was fast=paced, funny, and fun to read, and, even though I knew it was coming, I cried at the end. I'd recommened this to any heroes fans, but also anyone who wants a touching, sweet love story.

Pop!
Pop!
by Aury Wallington
28 used & new from $1.05

5.0 out of 5 stars funny and real, October 13, 2006
This review is from: Pop! (Paperback)
Pop! is the story of the awkward, hilarious, sad, and realistic trouble a 17 year old girl finds herself in when she decides she's ready for her "first time." Like Judy Blume's classic, "Forever," Pop! gives an honest picture of the emotional consequences of sex, but with a completely contemporary sensibility. It's never preachy or talks down to the reader, but it also isn't glib or senstionalistic in the way it handles sex. The characters are outwardly sophisticated and hip, but inwardly confused and overwhelmed, just like real teenagers. And the sex is as cringeworthy as I remember my first time being. I picked up Pop! because I'm a huge Veronica Mars fan, and saw that this book was written by a Veronica Mars writer, and it didn't disappoint. Pop!'s different in tone from VM, but it has the same witty, edgy banter that I love. I wholeheartedly recommend Pop! to anyone who is a teenager or wants a real picture of how today's teens think and act. It also would be a great way for parents to open a discussion with their kids about safe sex and deciding whether or not to have sex. It's fast-paced and fun, and all in all, a thoroughly enjoyable book.