Profile for Cranky Diva > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cranky Diva RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

MIU France Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Bar, 15-Inch
MIU France Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Bar, 15-Inch
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $12.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Strong magnet, weak frame., July 20, 2009
As others have mentioned, the magnet in this holder is incredibly strong and would (I imagine) provide years of service; however, the frame and mounting hardware are not of a corresponding quality. I attempted to install this using the provided drywall screws and had just decided to find alternate (better) hardware when I accidentally knocked the bar from a shelf to the counter--a distance of less than a foot. That short fall damaged the bar beyond repair. The front grid bent in several places and due to the extremely soft nature of the material, I was unable to reshape it adequately enough to refit it to the bar. Based on the other reviews and the quality of the magnet, I'd guess this is a great piece that performs as expected...just treat it very, very carefully when installing and definitely avoid the included mounting hardware.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2012 6:45 AM PDT

Strictly Ballroom
Strictly Ballroom
DVD ~ Paul Mercurio
Offered by Bama4348
Price: $17.99
87 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got my happy face on today, Les!, January 11, 2002
This review is from: Strictly Ballroom (DVD)
One of the most egregious and unforgiveable DVD absences is set right at long last. There are no tech details listed yet, so I can only hope the studio intends to handle this release like the jewel it should be -- including background on the original stage production and giving the film itself the full-tilt digital treatment.
If you're a 'Moulin Rouge' fan who's not yet experienced the gleefully malfeasant, candy-colored universe of the Pan-Pacific Grand Prix Amateur Championships, you're in for a fabulous treat. If, like me, you've been anticipating this DVD release above many others, go us!! No, it's not cinematic rocket science or brain surgery or even really a gourmet meal, but from the opening 'documentary' to the final steps, unless your curmudgeon status is chronic and immutable, it's simply not possible to maintain a bad mood while viewing. For a movie like this, that's all you really need to know.

A Cheap and Evil Girl
A Cheap and Evil Girl
53 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Six months in the player..., December 15, 1999
This review is from: A Cheap and Evil Girl (Audio CD)
I received an advance copy of this disc in June and have literally not stopped listening to it for almost six months. (Now I at least alternate it with Dido every once in a while.) I hear suggestions of everything from Alannis to Mazzy Star to the Go-Go's on this disc, but Bree Sharp manages to cobble them all together to create a great sound for herself. The lyrics are perceptive, in a wise-beyond-her-years kind of way. (I think she's 23, right?) Yes, the Duchovny song is hilarious, but I certainly hope enough people move beyond it to appreciate what remains when the novelty has worn off. (And here's hoping the poor girl has at least met her 'American Heathcliff' by now!)