Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for H. A. > Reviews

Browse

H. A.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 131

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. A. RSS Feed (Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with Lightning Cable Connector for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus,  iPhone SE, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Silver)-Retail Packaging
Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with Lightning Cable Connector for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Silver)-Retail Packaging
Price: $19.10
120 used & new from $12.10

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT work with Magpul Field Case on iPhone 6, April 3, 2015
I knew that I might not be able to use this dock with my Magpul Field Case on my iPhone 6, but for the price I decided it was worth a shot. In the end it does not work with the case, but I will either modify the bottom of the Field Case or the pedestal on which the lightning connector sits to make it work.

UPDATE: After 9 months of gentle use the lightning plug broke off of the dock and stayed in the port of my iPhone. I guess I'll stick with regular USP cables...

The Wizard of COMMON CENTS: One warrior's fierce battle of the CENTury
The Wizard of COMMON CENTS: One warrior's fierce battle of the CENTury
Price: $9.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't support a complete phony and Navy SEAL poser., February 3, 2015
Littman is such a fraud that he made Don Shipley's "Phony Navy Seal of the Week" TWICE! Don't support someone who should be charged with stolen valor.

Pollak 11-893P RV 7-Way Socket (Oem Style)
Pollak 11-893P RV 7-Way Socket (Oem Style)
Price: $12.51
14 used & new from $11.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact same as Audi OEM at a fraction of the price, May 8, 2014
I needed to get a 7 pin trailer harness connector for my Audi Q7 and first called my dealer who wanted $95, then looked at a website that carries OEM Audi parts who wanted $52, then noted that Pollak is the OEM manufacturer and looked here. I sure am glad that I looked at Amazon! I got the exact same part at a fraction of the cost. Installation took no more than two minutes with an electric screwdriver, and it works perfectly.

OREI Grounded Universal 2 in 1 Plug Adapter Type G for UK, Hong Kong, Singapore & more - High Quality - CE Certified - RoHS Compliant WP-G-GN
Price: $5.99
5 used & new from $5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, December 9, 2013
Well, what can I say. I plugged my computer's charger into this adapter, then the adapter into the wall. Everything worked as it should, and my computer survived to tell the tale. Just be sure that whatever you plug into this can regulate its own voltage, since plugging a 100 volt device (most U.S. electronics) directly into a 220 volt socket (most of the rest of the world) will not have a desirable effect.

PlasmaCar Ride On, Lime Green
PlasmaCar Ride On, Lime Green
Price: $60.68
12 used & new from $50.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, durable toys that are certain to get kids outside to play., December 9, 2013
This is our third PlasmaCar for our three children, so you can probably guess how much we and they like them. These are extremely sturdy toys, and we have found that the company provides excellent customer service. Out other two PlasmaCars have been used so much that the wheels wore out, and after an e-mail exchange we were able to order replacement parts for VERY reasonable prices.

These are wonderful, durable toys that are certain to get kids outside to play.

BM Premium LP-E12 Battery & Charger Kit for Canon Rebel SL1, EOS-M, EOS M2, EOS M10 Mirrorless Digital Camera
Offered by Big Mike's Electronics
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly and is a great value., December 9, 2013
I recently misplaced the battery charger for my Canon Eos M, and rather than overpay for a new OEM charger I decided to try this charger and aftermarket battery. So far, the function and value of this product is excellent. The battery holds a charge at least as long as my original, and the charger works flawlessly. Even if I find my original charger I will probably use this one since it can plug into a wall socket or a car's cigarette lighter. I really don't have much of a need for the screen protector and I use the cleaning cloth to wipe my laptop's screen instead of my camera's, but their inclusion was a nice gesture.

All in all I really don't have anything negative to say about this charger/battery, but I will update my review if my experience changes.

Alpatronix Protective Case Cover and 4-In-1 Folio Stand with Carbon Fiber print for Apple iPad 1; fits 3G and Wifi models (Black - Vegan Leather)
Offered by Digital Media Source
3 used & new from $5.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, well fitting case that protects and works well as a stand., November 27, 2013
This is a very nice, well fitting case regardless of the price. We have used everything from Otter Box (extremely unwieldy) to a silicone skin (questionable fit), and this is the best fitting, most versatile case that we have had for our iPad. I like that it easily converts to a stand, and it provides plenty of protection without impeding function in any way. Combine all these positives with the very reasonable price and the result is a product that I'd readily recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 5:17 PM PST

Cable Cowboy: John Malone and the Rise of the Modern Cable Business
Cable Cowboy: John Malone and the Rise of the Modern Cable Business
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book about a great businessman!, November 7, 2013
This is a well written book about a fascinating man and a titan of American business. It covers all aspects of what made John Malone the man he is today, form his childhood and meeting his wife as a teenager, to how he approached and overcame challenges in business.

Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ 2 Port Compatible) to DVI Cable in Black 6 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $21.99
3 used & new from $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and customer service, November 7, 2013
I purchased this cable because of the fact that it comes in black and because it is so much less than the Apple adapter. In the end, I should have gone with the OEM version.

The Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort to DVI cable that I purchased is complete garbage. While the cable does initially work when plugged in, it cuts out any time I move my MacBook Pro (even 1mm). To get it to work again I need to unplug the cable, then plug it back in which works until I bump my desk or move my computer again.

I contacted the company, who recommended that I package up my cable and send it back at my own expense, at which point they might replace it. Considering the likelihood that the replacement won't work either I'm not going to bother.

I don't recommend this product, or any other from Cable Matters.

UPDATE: After leaving my review Cable Matters shipped a new cord which is working at this point. Time will tell about the durability of the cable, but at this point I feel that it is appropriate to increase my rating to 3 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 10:48 PM PST

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro2 9000mAh High Speed 3A Portable External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™  Technology for Smartphones, Tablets and More (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro2 9000mAh High Speed 3A Portable External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for Smartphones, Tablets and More (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent external battery with incredible customer support, September 16, 2013
I have been using my iPhone as a GPS with the Gaia GPS app while I have been in the backcountry, and decided that an external battery was a must for extended trips. I also decided that I wanted a backup battery for our iPad when we travel with our kids. I had a hard time deciding what mAh rating I needed, but wound up deciding to go with 9,000 because it will charge my iPhone 4s six times (the 4s has a 1,432 mAh battery) and my gen 1 iPad nearly twice (5,400 mAh).

After looking at all sorts of batteries and reviews on Amazon I decided to call Anker's customer service number to try to get a recommendation. I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised when I reached a U.S. based customer service representative who was extremely helpful. She discussed the pros and cons of the various models I was considering, and wound up recommending the Astro2. About a week after my purchase I even received a follow-up e-mail from Anker letting me know that they are always available to provide support which just capped off a level of customer service that is rare today.

The battery itself appears to be very well made. It has a nice rubberized coating and comes in a padded mesh bag. The included micro USB cable and 30 pin adapter work well with my iPhone 4s, but those with Lightning devices will have to use their own cable. It is a about the diameter of a pack of cards but a little thicker, and has no buttons. The led charge indicator is not visible unless you shake the battery to wake it up, and is in the form of a segmented ring. All in all I like the design very much.

I would recommend this to someone with needs similar to mine, or would recommend other Anker models to those with different external battery needs based upon the quality of the products as well as customer support.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14