Profile for H. A. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 129

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. A. RSS Feed (Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Pollak 11-893P 7-Way Sealed RV OEM Socket
Pollak 11-893P 7-Way Sealed RV OEM Socket
Price: $14.00
7 used & new from $11.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact same as Audi OEM at a fraction of the price, May 8, 2014
I needed to get a 7 pin trailer harness connector for my Audi Q7 and first called my dealer who wanted $95, then looked at a website that carries OEM Audi parts who wanted $52, then noted that Pollak is the OEM manufacturer and looked here. I sure am glad that I looked at Amazon! I got the exact same part at a fraction of the cost. Installation took no more than two minutes with an electric screwdriver, and it works perfectly.

OREI Grounded Universal 2 in 1 Plug Adapter Type G for UK, Hong Kong, Singapore & more - High Quality - CE Certified - RoHS Compliant WP-G-GN
Offered by Bombay Electronics
Price: $6.25
3 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, December 9, 2013
Well, what can I say. I plugged my computer's charger into this adapter, then the adapter into the wall. Everything worked as it should, and my computer survived to tell the tale. Just be sure that whatever you plug into this can regulate its own voltage, since plugging a 100 volt device (most U.S. electronics) directly into a 220 volt socket (most of the rest of the world) will not have a desirable effect.

PlasmaCar Ride On, Lime Green
PlasmaCar Ride On, Lime Green
Price: $52.14
9 used & new from $43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, durable toys that are certain to get kids outside to play., December 9, 2013
This is our third PlasmaCar for our three children, so you can probably guess how much we and they like them. These are extremely sturdy toys, and we have found that the company provides excellent customer service. Out other two PlasmaCars have been used so much that the wheels wore out, and after an e-mail exchange we were able to order replacement parts for VERY reasonable prices.

These are wonderful, durable toys that are certain to get kids outside to play.

Replacement LP-E12 Battery & Charger Kit for Canon Rebel SL1, EOS-M Mirrorless Digital Camera + More!!
Offered by Big Mike's Electronics
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly and is a great value., December 9, 2013
I recently misplaced the battery charger for my Canon Eos M, and rather than overpay for a new OEM charger I decided to try this charger and aftermarket battery. So far, the function and value of this product is excellent. The battery holds a charge at least as long as my original, and the charger works flawlessly. Even if I find my original charger I will probably use this one since it can plug into a wall socket or a car's cigarette lighter. I really don't have much of a need for the screen protector and I use the cleaning cloth to wipe my laptop's screen instead of my camera's, but their inclusion was a nice gesture.

All in all I really don't have anything negative to say about this charger/battery, but I will update my review if my experience changes.

Alpatronix Protective Case Cover and 4-In-1 Folio Stand with Carbon Fiber print for Apple iPad 1; fits 3G and Wifi models (Black - Vegan Leather)
Offered by Alpatronix

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, well fitting case that protects and works well as a stand., November 27, 2013
This is a very nice, well fitting case regardless of the price. We have used everything from Otter Box (extremely unwieldy) to a silicone skin (questionable fit), and this is the best fitting, most versatile case that we have had for our iPad. I like that it easily converts to a stand, and it provides plenty of protection without impeding function in any way. Combine all these positives with the very reasonable price and the result is a product that I'd readily recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 5:17 PM PST

Cable Cowboy: John Malone and the Rise of the Modern Cable Business
Cable Cowboy: John Malone and the Rise of the Modern Cable Business
Price: $13.10

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book about a great businessman!, November 7, 2013
This is a well written book about a fascinating man and a titan of American business. It covers all aspects of what made John Malone the man he is today, form his childhood and meeting his wife as a teenager, to how he approached and overcame challenges in business.

Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to DVI Cable in Black 6 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $10.99
7 used & new from $10.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and customer service, November 7, 2013
I purchased this cable because of the fact that it comes in black and because it is so much less than the Apple adapter. In the end, I should have gone with the OEM version.

The Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort to DVI cable that I purchased is complete garbage. While the cable does initially work when plugged in, it cuts out any time I move my MacBook Pro (even 1mm). To get it to work again I need to unplug the cable, then plug it back in which works until I bump my desk or move my computer again.

I contacted the company, who recommended that I package up my cable and send it back at my own expense, at which point they might replace it. Considering the likelihood that the replacement won't work either I'm not going to bother.

I don't recommend this product, or any other from Cable Matters.

UPDATE: After leaving my review Cable Matters shipped a new cord which is working at this point. Time will tell about the durability of the cable, but at this point I feel that it is appropriate to increase my rating to 3 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 10:48 PM PST

Anker 2nd Gen Astro2 9000mAh External Battery Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Galaxy Tab 3, 2, Nexus, HTC One, One 2 (M8), MOTO, LG Optimus, PS Vita and other Smartphones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent external battery with incredible customer support, September 16, 2013
I have been using my iPhone as a GPS with the Gaia GPS app while I have been in the backcountry, and decided that an external battery was a must for extended trips. I also decided that I wanted a backup battery for our iPad when we travel with our kids. I had a hard time deciding what mAh rating I needed, but wound up deciding to go with 9,000 because it will charge my iPhone 4s six times (the 4s has a 1,432 mAh battery) and my gen 1 iPad nearly twice (5,400 mAh).

After looking at all sorts of batteries and reviews on Amazon I decided to call Anker's customer service number to try to get a recommendation. I wasn't expecting much, but was very pleasantly surprised when I reached a U.S. based customer service representative who was extremely helpful. She discussed the pros and cons of the various models I was considering, and wound up recommending the Astro2. About a week after my purchase I even received a follow-up e-mail from Anker letting me know that they are always available to provide support which just capped off a level of customer service that is rare today.

The battery itself appears to be very well made. It has a nice rubberized coating and comes in a padded mesh bag. The included micro USB cable and 30 pin adapter work well with my iPhone 4s, but those with Lightning devices will have to use their own cable. It is a about the diameter of a pack of cards but a little thicker, and has no buttons. The led charge indicator is not visible unless you shake the battery to wake it up, and is in the form of a segmented ring. All in all I like the design very much.

I would recommend this to someone with needs similar to mine, or would recommend other Anker models to those with different external battery needs based upon the quality of the products as well as customer support.

Wildlife Research 455-4 Elk-Fire Sexual Attractor, 4 Fluid Ounces
Wildlife Research 455-4 Elk-Fire Sexual Attractor, 4 Fluid Ounces
Price: $17.99
5 used & new from $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and value!, August 25, 2013
I would have never thought that I would say this about urine from an ovulating elk, but this is GREAT stuff! It is very potent, and the four ounce bottle presents a lot of value. With a bottle this size, I can easily use the Elk-Fire to cover my scent by spraying it on my clothes and/or spraying it on surrounding trees and cover once I get to an area where I want to try to call in a big bull. One day in a stiff wind I even managed to spray some in my hunting buddy's mouth (accidentally), which is not recommended. Yes, he is still willing to hunt with me. I have used one ounce bottles in the past, but have found myself running short on multi-day hunts.

I highly recommend the four ounce bottle of Elk-Fire for all of your sprayable urine needs.

Hunter's Specialties Fresh Earth Cover Scent Wafers (9 Pack)
Hunter's Specialties Fresh Earth Cover Scent Wafers (9 Pack)
Price: $18.69
10 used & new from $18.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scent cover for elk, more appealing than other options., August 25, 2013
I use these wafers as scent cover elk every season, both in rubbermaid storage bins with my clothes pre-season and pinned to my clothes when hunting. I in the past I used the cow elk urine scented version but have found that the fresh earth scent works just as well, and is much less offensive.

I should note that once I am really onto animals and stalking I will also apply "Elk-Fire" as additional cover and attractant, but having the option to limit the amount of time that I smell like an elk urinated all over me is a nice option.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13