Profile for BJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BJ RSS Feed (Texas, USA)

Freestyle Mail Order Test Strips, 50 CT
Freestyle Mail Order Test Strips, 50 CT

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Great !!, June 12, 2011
This review is from: Freestyle Mail Order Test Strips, 50 CT (Health and Beauty)
These arrived quickly and worked great. Just make sure that you want these and not the 'LITE' version. For the regular Freestyle meter, these were perfect.

Infinity Instruments Retro Round Metal Wall Clock, White
Infinity Instruments Retro Round Metal Wall Clock, White
Price: $31.47
8 used & new from $31.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Too loud !, November 29, 2010
I had high hopes for this clock, but unfortunately it is DEFINITELY too loud. It does not have a second hand, but it does make a loud 'TIC TOC' sound nonetheless. Has to go back.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2011 6:07 PM PDT

Gaggia 90951 Platinum Vision Automatic Espresso Machine with Milk Island, Platinum
Price: $1,299.00
10 used & new from $700.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations !, July 14, 2010
I must say that I was very skeptical about getting a superautomatic machine. All I read about them is how they make inferior coffee and are super expensive and unreliable. I decided to get this one because it got to be really tedious to make coffee for everyone in the family all the time. Despite my trying to teach my wife how to do it with a semi-automatic machine (a Gaggia Twin), she just refused to learn.

In any case, I decided to give this machine a try and I must say I have been extremely impressed. The machine is supereasy to setup and extremely easy to use--you basically just press a button. It can be customized in many ways, but I basically just used the standard settings.

As for the coffee, it is absolutely superb--extremely awesome coffee. We have had it for 6 months and have not had one single problem. I am extremely impressed by it's reliability. This machine is being used every single day and it has not had one malfunction.

I cannot recommend this enough. Excellent product !!

BJ

KRUPS XP5240 Pump Espresso Machine with KRUPS Precise Tamp Technology and Stainless Steel Housing, Silver
Offered by AceElectronix
Price: $169.95
16 used & new from $123.35

1.0 out of 5 stars A Sad Disappointment !!, April 21, 2010
I thought very carefully and compared various machines before deciding on this one. It's really hard to underestimate the main benefits of this machine:

1. The fact that it has a solenoid valve that results in a nice, dry puck after brewing that can be easily discarded by pushing the button at the bottom of the portafilter.

2. The autotamp system--just truly brilliant. It isn't after you have been measuring and tamping coffee for a while that you appreciate this.

3. The coffee itself--just absolutely superb ! Amazing tasting coffee. Perfect crema, hot.

4. Ergonomics--nice, small, compact machine. Much better value than many others. This machine compares to ones that cost $400-500.

5. Amazing frothing wand (when it works) --it actually creates awesome microfoam and it's very easy to clean. Also extremely quick warm-up time for the steam.

So, why isn't this machine getting 5 stars? I hate to sound like a broken record, but the fact is that there is a design flaw with the frothing wand--it will just 'pop' out on it's own without warning.

This will happen no matter how careful you are with it. If you just use it enough, it will break. That's the fatal flaw of this machine. Otherwise it's awesome.

BJ

WD My Passport Essential 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Midnight Black)
Offered by Sab Computer
Price: $99.00
10 used & new from $50.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrific Redesign !!!, September 26, 2009
This is one of the worst product redesigns I have EVER seen. The drive looks better than the previous model--but that's the only thing that has been improved. The cable that it comes with is non-standard--it's just incomprehensible for Western Digital to try to introduce a 'proprietary' USB cable design. If you lose the cable or you need a longer cable, you are out of luck.

The worst part about this drive is the way they have encoded some kind of 'virtual' CD that mounts along with it. Even if you reformat the drive, you can't get rid of it. So, every time you connect the drive, you are prompted to install 'drivers'. This is just ridiculous. Worst yet, you can't get rid of it. If you just want to use this drive for extra storage and don't care about any of the extra, bloated Western Digital suite software, then you are again out of luck. You don't have a choice. Horrible product.

BJ
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2010 10:31 PM PDT

Garmin nüvi 360 3.5-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Text-To-Speech
Garmin nüvi 360 3.5-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Text-To-Speech
3 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Excellent!, August 20, 2006
I just bought this and I find it to be absolutely EXCELLENT ! Very intuitive to use and also extremely easy to 'update' using the Garmin Website.

I almost bought the Nuvi 350 thinking that I would not have a use for the Bluetooth technology, but I am very happy that I got the 360. Matching my phone (a Sprint Treo 650) to the Nuvi was extremely easy and the ability to make phone calls using the device is extremely helpful.

Also, when I was driving, I received a phone call and I was surprised that the Nuvi alerted me to an 'incoming' call. When I pressed the option to 'answer' on the Nuvi, it behaved like a 'speakerphone'. I was able to talk and hear the caller through the Nuvi. I never even reached into my pocket to get the cell phone !