Profile for Blair Pendragon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Blair Pendragon RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer
Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer
Price: Click here to see our price
30 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars The BEST product ever!, April 21, 2013
Let me tell you a quick story about how great this product really is!

About 20 years ago, I found myself staring at the walls of my crib.
It was primarily made of plastic, filled with foam stuffing.
As I sat there, in the corner, I had noticed a bit of the plastic was either worn off, or ripped off.

It may have been ripped off by me, but at this point, I hardly have any good memories from before this point.
But either way, I was pulling it out, and playing with it.

The room in which my crib was in, later became my bedroom, and was the only room in the house that led outside.
If someone wanted to get to the backyard, they had to go through my bedroom.

This may seem odd to most people, and thinking back on it, it was.
But, to me, it was normal.

The door also had a doggie door, so our dog could go outside to do his business.
Which of course, meant that I must always leave my bedroom door open, for all to enter or look in.

Most bedrooms branched off to the left or right of the houses main hallway, but instead, my bedroom was at the very end of the hallway, where everyone would be facing as they walked down it.

I was under observation 24/7.

This is how I knew not to trust our government.

It was painfully obvious they built houses like these, just to video tape the children, and showcase their lives on TV, like the Truman show.

So let this be a warning, do NOT buy this perfect product, with absolutely no flaws!

Magic: the Gathering - Protean Hydra - Magic 2011
Magic: the Gathering - Protean Hydra - Magic 2011
Offered by Super Games Inc.
Price: $2.30
41 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchant this bad boy, April 14, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This guy seems rather useless, until you enchant him, or equip him.

Anything that adds a single toughness to him, will make him invulnerable to damage.

Hex proof/Shroud him, and you got yourself a tough mofo.

Magic: the Gathering - Malignus (148) - Avacyn Restored
Magic: the Gathering - Malignus (148) - Avacyn Restored
Offered by Owl Central
Price: $2.45
47 used & new from $0.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Great card, oddly cheap!, April 14, 2013
I can't believe how cheap this card is!

I know the price is based on demand, but honestly, is it THAT hard to build a stall/control deck?

Nuke your opponents creatures with lightning bolts, pyroclasms, etc, and when you pop this bad boy out, they are going to be in a world of hurt quickly!

10+dmg
5+dmg
lightning bolt, or w/e you have to finish them.
(Granted I dont play standard legal, so I have a few other means to fight, besides relying on him alone.)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars meh, February 20, 2013
These didnt even reach my knees, and I'm only of average height.
So I suggest going to a different brand.

Wacom Cintiq DTK2200 22HD 21-Inch Pen Display Tablet, Black
Wacom Cintiq DTK2200 22HD 21-Inch Pen Display Tablet, Black
Price: $1,799.95
17 used & new from $1,650.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for the product, but great none the less., February 20, 2013
After so many bad reviews, I was a bit terrified to buy this thing for years.

But needing to speed up my work, I decided to buy it anyways.
I got extremely lucky, in having no dead pixels.

set up took a little bit, and my PC freezes if I try to start up my PC with the display turned on. (need it off, and turn it on after i get past the start screen.)
but it wasn't anything too hard.

it did get a bit hard after the start screen, but mainly because i hadn't gone online yet, where they explain everything better.

The natural resolution is 1900x something, but thought I had it set wrong, and in turn thought the image looked terrible. (thought it didnt reach the edge of the screen at the highest resolution, so i set it to 1300x???. the picture was terrible)

Viewing angle, color, brightness, all of that is more than good enough.
Honestly, to even be able to notice a difference is pretty astounding.
(Some people complain about the quality, but it just goes over the line of "good" or "acceptable". most likely you wont be able to find any flaws with its quality.)
Its refresh rate is a bit low, so I dont use it for watching videos or playing games (tried it, just to see.) it CAN do those things, but leaves a slightly blurry image behind when in motion, but clear when the image is still.

as someone said, the screen is plastic, not glass, so get a protector, as it scratches easily.
it has a USB cord that needs to be plugged in, in order to use any of its features (beyond being a screen)
so make room if you're lacking enough USB slots.

it uses a DVI cable to plug into your PC. (it the wire gets damaged, you cant replace it, since its attached to the display, and cant be removed.)
the touch panels on the back trigger way too easily, and i suggest disabling them, or making them tasks that dont disrupt your drawings much.

over all, it IS cheaply made, considering the price, but honestly, dont let that scare you away from purchasing it, like it did me.
it IS of good quality, just not $2000 quality. It WILL make your life easier.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2013 9:21 AM PDT

POSRUS Antiglare Touch Screen Protector for Wacom Cintiq 22HD Pen Display DTK2200
Offered by POSRUS
Price: $30.10

3.0 out of 5 stars good enough, February 20, 2013
there are some weird reviews on here, such as "it ruins visual quality".

But rest assured, it's just a sticker, that slaps on, and is thinner than paper.

It's an extreme pain to get on, and the longer u take, the more you risk dust in the air sticking to the sticky side.

once dust sticks to the underside, you wont get it off, and you WILL have a huge air bubble there.

The only way to make sure you have no air bubbles, is to push the bubbles out, as you lay the sheet on. but sometimes u need to lift it back up a little, and then push it back down... over and over...

The left side of my screen has no bubbles because of this.
but the right side is filled with bubbles, because dust started to slowly collect on the sticky side as time passed.

You must push big bubbles away asap, because you cant push them off the next day.
(by big bubbles i mean those the size of 1/2 a penny to as small as 1/5th a penny.

only the itty bitty, tinsie tiny bubbles (so small you almost cant see them) go away on their own after a few hours/days.
(Think of carbonated drinks, and bubbles that small or smaller)

even with the bubbles, the screen lights up bright enough that you hard see the bubbles, and with a pen going over them, it doesnt effect your drawing at all.

They are ugly to look at, but wont effect your work.
Its an average product, that does its job good enough.

I personally suggest you getting one, but if "looks" matter more, then dont.

Loftus Sexy Mandarin Collar Mini Dress China Doll Costume M
Loftus Sexy Mandarin Collar Mini Dress China Doll Costume M

4.0 out of 5 stars An ok product for an ok price., December 13, 2012
It's an ok product. Nothing amazing, and nothing awful.

For now it will be as placeholder, till I can buy a better one.

But one of the things I'd like to mention is the dress is not to be washed, and comes with some extreme wrinkles.
(I wouldn't recommend an Iron, but then again maybe I'm just clueless as to how to treat such a material.)

I also found the dress not to be very form fitting.
It has a "slight" curve, but generally looks like a baggy shirt, that goes straight down from the shoulders, and doesn't really show the hourglass shape too well.

The only other I can mention is to be careful on the sizes, as I had to go through 2, since the size I originally ordered was bigger than normal.

I know it sounds like pure complaints but it really is ok.
But just ok.

Set Of Three Winter Fleece Throws -Snowflake Set
Set Of Three Winter Fleece Throws -Snowflake Set
Offered by Hazel Daze LLC
Price: $24.50

2.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but not worth the price., December 4, 2012
I was going to go with a snow theme for my living room, and decided to use these on some furniture.

It's my fault for not reading the description, but after getting them, found out one of them is just a normal white throw.

This alone makes you pay for 1 blanket not snow themed, making the deal bad.

But taking into consideration the quality of the sheets are VERY bad.

I've bought my share of cheap throws, and these take the cake in lowest quality.

If you are interested in them, you will only be using them for decoration, and most likely only 2 of the 3.

Ultra-Pro Sleeves: New Standard Green Deck Protectors (100)
Ultra-Pro Sleeves: New Standard Green Deck Protectors (100)
Offered by MVP Sports & Games
Price: $5.69
27 used & new from $1.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing., October 3, 2012
As someone else mentioned, you get 99, not 100.
The most annoying feature for me, is the fact 50 of my cards have the correct size sleeve, while 10 others have bigger sized sleeves.

Each pack of 50 were different from the other pack, in size. (by 1mm taller)
So no matter how i vary it up, ill have either 50/10 40/20 30/30 etc different in size.

My friends refuse to play me now, because they think I'm trying to cheat, with how drastically the size difference is when my cards are put face down as my Library.

Over all, I'd suggest trying a brand that didn't get so lazy with the cutting process.

If u can't afford the better brands, then this will do for now.

Magic The Gathering: Duel Deck - Izzet vs Golgari
Magic The Gathering: Duel Deck - Izzet vs Golgari
Offered by Collector's Cache
Price: $29.84
12 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These 2 are allot of fun to play against eachother., September 29, 2012
Honestly, I will not alter the decks or remove any cards from them.

With the way they are currently, it's allot of fun to play both sides, and against the other side.

(Using either against any other deck might not be as fun, as they would be underpowered allot. (or at least any tournament capable deck))

IMO if you have a friend to play with, and either of you want to try something new, or one person has a bigger advantage with having more cards/money etc, try these, they are pretty decently balanced around each other, and play interestingly.

Page: 1 | 2