Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for meltingcube > Reviews

Browse

meltingcube's Profile

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

meltingcube RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Zebra F-701 Stainless Steel Ballpoint Retractable Pen, Black Ink, Fine Point, 1 Each (29411)
Price: $4.99
103 used & new from $3.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pen after modification, March 27, 2016
Lately I've been on a search for the perfect pen, purchasing dozens of them to compare the writing style of each. This one is highly recommended by the community, and I do agree with them, but only on a mechanical level. The case is very nice. It has a nice weight to it, and the clicking mechanism is smooth, responsive, and "clicky".

The area this pen lacks though is with the ink cartridge. Quite simply the line it puts out is ugly and faint. I initially tossed the pen to the side due to this major flaw, but brought it back after my discovery of the Hi-Tec-C Slim Knock pens. The Hi-Tec-C's write beautifully, but the case is a bit small to hold. I had an idea to put the Hi-Tec-C cartridge in the F-701 case. I had to sand down the end plug from the original F-701 ink cartridge to fit on the Hi-Tec-C cartridge so that the pen would function properly, but after this now writes like a dream.

Perfect case with the perfect ink cartridge.

USB Type C Cable, CHOETECH Hi-speed USB-C to USB-C Cable 10ft(3m) for USB Type-C Devices Including the new MacBook, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, ChromeBook Pixel, Nokia N1 Tablet, LG G5 and More
Offered by CHOETECH-Official
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable and Perfect Length, February 16, 2016
I've been looking for a 10ft USB-C cable, and this one fits the bill. I have owned this cable for a couple months now without any issues. It connects firmly and securely in my Nexus 6P.

Nexus 6P Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Belt Clip Holster Case for Google Nexus 6P (2015 Release) [Unicorn Beetle PRO Series] Full-body Rugged Hybrid Protective Cover with Screen Protector (Black/Black)
Offered by BrilloTech
Price: $17.99
3 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but requires modifications, November 22, 2015
I purchased the "heavy duty" black case for the 6P. I love this case, however it took a couple of modifications for it to get this way.

First off are the case buttons. There are little stumps on the inside of the case buttons so that they can reach in to press the phone's buttons. These stumps are a bit too long which make the buttons very sensitive. Using a nail file to file down the stumps have made the buttons much nicer.

Second is the screen protector. Unfortunately it really isn't that great. Parts of the protector would stick to the screen and cause a rainbow effect on the screen which would quickly get annoying. I ended up ordering a tempered glass screen protector from IntelliArmor. I then removed the plastic screen protector from the case (which was fairly easy to do by just separating where the case and protector meet). I then put on the glass screen protector, and the case over that. It works and looks great.

In all, with a couple of modifications this is a very nice rugged case for the Nexus 6P.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2015 5:46 PM PST

Fascinations AntWorks Illuminated Blue
Fascinations AntWorks Illuminated Blue
Price: $24.45
29 used & new from $21.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, October 28, 2015
I decided to get this on a whim thinking back on when I had ant habitats when I was younger. So far I'm pleased with it. Partially I do wish that the unit was larger, but for its size it still seems to work well.

The longest wait was waiting for the ants to come in the mail. When you order this product I recommend also ordering the ants at the same time from antsalive.com (their recommended site). I was surprised that the ant habitat didn't include a coupon for the ants (which I've seen in past products), but the ants themselves are only about $5, so it isn't too bad.

If you are deciding between this lighted version, or the non-lighted version, I highly recommend the lighted version. Once you plug it in and the LEDs light up the unit the look of the tunnels are amazing.

Bosch 4919 / 3397013039 Insight Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 4919 / 3397013039 Insight Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Price: $14.65
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Great a Year Later, October 21, 2015
Owned this style of wiper blades for almost a year now and so far they are the best I've tried. I live in Florida, so the wipers get beat up bad with the sun and the daily rain storms. Nearly a year later, the wipers still work like day one.

iClever 2.4G Mini Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad
iClever 2.4G Mini Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $18.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, October 13, 2015
The nice thing about this product is that it is compact and small, which makes it leaving on a living room table easy. I use this for my media center PC which is located in the living room. The main problem though is the range and connectivity. I have a direct line of sight to the receiver on the computer, and am only 10 feet away (the description says it works up to 30ft), however I still have to hold it in a special orientation for it to connect, and it will often take a long time to finally connect.

The other major annoyance on it is the power saver mode. After a few minutes of being idle the keyboard shuts off. If you need to pause a movie, you have to click a button and wait about 10 seconds for the keyboard to reconnect. This is a quite annoying delay when having to answer the phone, or take care of kids. So far I haven't found a way to disable this.

safeTstep Men's Black Expo Runner 10 Wide
safeTstep Men's Black Expo Runner 10 Wide

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, October 10, 2015
Great shoes. I work in a restaurant and non-slip shoes are a requirement to avoid slipping on the wet floor. These work great in the restaurant, and even outside as every day shoes. I have no problem wearing these shoes for hours.

Master Lock 5401D Select Access Wall-Mounted Key Storage Box with Set-Your-Own Combination Lock
Price: $23.90
111 used & new from $18.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Option for Protecting Keys Outside, October 9, 2015
I've had this lock box for several years now and haven't had any issues. It is mounted outside, but under a covered porch in Florida. It encounters the salt filled air, but not rain directly so I can't comment on how it holds up under direct rain fall. No rust at all though.

We use the box to store about 4 keys fairly comfortably. At times if the keys are positioned badly, it can be difficult to close, but repositioning the keys in the perfect orientation will allow it to close just fine.

The unit sits in a mildly prominent location where if you look for it you can find it. But I'm sure that trying to open this box to get the key would be much more work than it would be to try to pry open the door itself. If they are already set on getting in, they will get in using more forceful method rather than trying to get the key from this box. It is also useful for providing keys to neighbors who are looking after the house. Just set a code for them while you are gone to access the keys, and change it once you get back.

KDLINKS X1 Full-HD 1920*1080 165 Wide Angle Car Dashboard Camcorder with GPS, G-Sensor & WDR Superior Night Mode
Offered by NBOX US Distributor
Price: $229.95
5 used & new from $134.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, August 19, 2015
UPDATE 9/22/2015: I've updated this review to 5 stars. Previously it was 4 stars due to the issue I was experiencing in which the camera would randomly stop recording. It turned out that the problem was a defective memory card which I purchased separately to use with the camera. The original card sent with the product works perfectly and the unit works without issue with a proper working SD card.

This camera records excellent video. It also has a great feature to continue running after the unit loses power. I figure this is a great option to have since often in the event of a crash the engine will turn off, thus removing power to the unit. Having the camera continue recording may be a good thing.

The files it produces are very informative. Embedded directly on the video is the date, time, and the speed of the vehicle. If you open the video with it's computer app you can also get GPS coordinates and watch as it traces your route on Google Maps. I'm not sure if this information is visible to other applications as I haven't tried.

The only problem however that I have with this unit is that occasionally it will not automatically start recording when I turn on the car. I will look at it and the blue recording light is solid, indicating the unit is turned on, but not recording. I then have to told the power button for a couple seconds to turn it off, then hold it again for longer to turn it back on. At that point it will start to record, but it is annoying that this happens and I have to manually make it start recording again.

Other than the occasional automatic recording issue, I highly recommend this camera.

TP-LINK TL-WN725N Wireless N Nano USB Adapter 150Mbps
TP-LINK TL-WN725N Wireless N Nano USB Adapter 150Mbps
Price: Click here to see our price
166 used & new from $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Wireless frequently goes out., July 22, 2015
When this item works, it works great. Unfortunately the wireless will frequently go out on the computer with this antenna. The computer will end up getting bad IP info and lose all internet access. This is a problem for me since this computer needs to stay connected at all times. The computer is running Windows 7 and using the manufacture provided drivers.

After switching to a different antenna manufactured by Edimax these problems have disappeared and I haven't had any issues since.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6