Profile for Dallas W. Robertson Jr. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dallas W. Robertson Jr. "figure this!" RSS Feed (DeRidder, LA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Spotted Ass
The Spotted Ass
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cowboy Tale, August 13, 2014
This review is from: The Spotted Ass (MP3 Music)
As opposed to my review for "The Wire", this is a gem that brings creativity from language misunderstanding. Brings to mind the various views people from different parts of our country have on similar subjects. Very creative writer, has another jewel entitled "Harvest-time Blues".

The Wire Season 1
The Wire Season 1
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Smutty Language, August 13, 2014
Good story, but definitely has a language problem. Depressed that writers believe bad language must be used to such extremes for authenticity. Could cause ear cancer.

Downton Abbey Season 4 [HD]
Downton Abbey Season 4 [HD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Soaks you in like a sponge!, August 5, 2014
I previously wrote about my mother-in-law seeing Downton Abbey for the first time during a visit to our house. She enjoyed it so much that she stayed up until 2:00 a.m. in order to finish the story. She continued on with other seasons during the following days. She reacted to Matthew's death as if a friend had passed suddenly. I enjoy presentation such as this that absorb the viewer into the plot. She is looking forward to 2015(?) when the next season is presented.

Book of Ezekiel - Enhanced E-Book Edition (Illustrated. Includes 5 Different Versions, Matthew Henry Commentary, Stunning Photo Gallery + Audio Links)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Source, August 2, 2014
I bought this as a source in preparing Sunday School lessons. I had to "tune in" with Mr, Henry's writing, by really enjoyed getting more involved in Bible study using this book. I have got several by A. Pink, and now I believe I have found another source, I have to read it slow, but enjoy the time spent with it.

The Firm [HD]
The Firm [HD]
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rewatch, April 10, 2014
I saw this as a selection on Amazon Prime and watched it again (hadn't seen it for several years. It is a good action film, good plot; however, the book was much better. The ending in the book was more detailed and exciting. The story was the one that woke us up to John Grisham. A good late night flick.

The Station Agent [HD]
The Station Agent [HD]
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting . . ., April 10, 2014
I believe that this is what my daughter would call an "Indie" film. I think of it as a slice of someone's life. It centers on a little person who inherits a small railroad station and the people he meets. It is interesting, has an abrupt ending, good photography (my tastes), is not exciting, but not boring. It reminds me of a Steve McQueen film from the 60's entitled "Baby, The Rain Must Fall."

Masterpiece: Heat of the Sun
Masterpiece: Heat of the Sun
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars African suspense, March 17, 2014
I feel that I am in a small group that likes these stories, but this series has a lot of interesting characters, to include a colonial police commander that you have a tendency to dislike a lot. It might cause some to think that British settlers in the Kenya colony are depraved, and they might be. However, the episodes move along and the endings are ok. Again, another good series with few episodes.

Rubicon: The Complete First Season [HD]
Rubicon: The Complete First Season [HD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Series, March 17, 2014
I've always enjoyed conspiracy stories that move along, and this is one of them. You have to pay close attention to this in order to link all the parts and actions. People disappear and are dine away with, and a lot of reasoning takes place. I had to review several episodes for a better understanding. It didn't really end, so, I'm wondering if there are any additional seasons other than this one, seriously.

HP 2000-2d65NR 15.6-Inch Laptop
HP 2000-2d65NR 15.6-Inch Laptop

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Learner, February 6, 2014
I am up-grading from Windows Vista. People told me that Windows 8 could be confusing. They were right. However, I have a few guides from Kindle on Windows 8 and am progressing . . . at a slow rate. The most challenging things are following the directions to open an account with another password, etc., in addition to the one I already have. Once you get started, there seems to be no way to back out and start over. Oh well, the compter itself is very nice, and I have the winter to slough through the new, easy-to-use software.

Plantronics MX100S High Quality Earbud with Clip
Plantronics MX100S High Quality Earbud with Clip
Price: $10.53
9 used & new from $3.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Need More Instgructions, February 4, 2014
I am an older person who likes to have music when I use the fitness center. A while back my daughter gave me a small Apple mp3 player. I thought I had misplaced it, but found it and started using it again. The ear buds hurt my ears, so I ordered the Plantronics MX100S buds. They work fine, and don't fall off, don't hurt my ears. However, I don't believe that I am wearing them correctly. There is no photo that shows how they are worn. Other than that, they are very good. There is also a switch so you can answer your cell phone very easily (I don't use this, but if I did, I probably would be looking for directions also).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3