Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for S. Squires > Reviews

Browse

S. Squires' Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Squires RSS Feed (Toronto, Canada)

Tuff-Luv Leather case cover for (Sony Reader PRS-650 / PRS650 series / Touch edition) - (Traditional Book Style) Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great eBook cover for Kobo Touch as well, March 24, 2012
I've been looking for the perfect cover for my Kobo touch.
I wanted one that I could hold onto at the spine with my thumb and forefinger as well as having the cover folded back.
I also wanted a durable, cushioned case that provided some protection when the kobo was packed away for travelling (or if I accidentally dropped it.)

Although this cover was made for the Sony 650, it fit the Kobo Touch almost perfectly. I am going to buy another one for myself while the price is low, just in case something happens to this one. Its great value for the money. I have to say I really love this case. It's by far the best case you can find for the Kobo at the time I am writing this review.

There is a height difference between the Sony 650 and the Kobo Touch. The Kobo drops down 1/8" too low for the home button to be visible. Although not necessary, I bought some black craft foam from Walmart and using some 2-sided tape, created a 1/8th inch spacer at the bottom of the cover to keep the Kobo from dropping to the bottom of the case. It was easily done and you can't notice it at all! That makes it a perfect cover for the Kobo Touch!
Without the spacer, you can easily push the kobo up a bit from the hole in the bottom to make the home button accessible, when needed.

The Kobo fits very snugly into the cover, so using the spacer isn't all that necessary and the height distance is very small. You can easily clip a book light into the space between the reader and the cover. There is room for a pen in the spine as well as business card, SD Cards and notes. It's a pretty awesome cover.

Belkin F8Z492ttP Bluetooth Music Receiver
Belkin F8Z492ttP Bluetooth Music Receiver
3 used & new from $29.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Car Adapter for unit, February 20, 2011
I'm pretty happy with this device although it the transmission is sensitive.
I wanted to use it in my vehicle as well without having to plug the device into a power inverter.
I already had a Belkin USB lighter adapter, so I went to the local gadget store (The Source) and bought an iGo USB charging cable and an iGo Power tip that matched the Belkin bluetooth receiver. It worked great but will cost you about $20 for the cable and cable power tip adapter, as well as a USB lighter adapter if you don't already have one.
The iGo power tip I bought was Samsung A740,A840,A920,SCP-7050,SCP3100

Link:
[...]

Standard USB output is the 5 volts (+/- .25v) the Belkin requires. I was told that the Belkin will take the amps it needs, up to the usb limit of .500 and the Belkin only uses .180 amps
So far it's worked great and the device seems fine, but anyone else who wants to try this is taking their own chances...I am not responsible for any damages.
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2013 1:41 PM PDT

Old Version of Belkin F8Z492 Bluetooth Music Receiver for iPod and iPhone (Black)
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Car Adapter, February 20, 2011
I'm pretty happy with this device although it the transmission is sensitive.
The iGo power tip I bought was Samsung A740,A840,A920,SCP-7050,SCP3100

Link:
[...]

So far it's worked great and the device seems fine, but anyone else who wants to try this is taking their own chances...I am not responsible for any damages!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2012 3:35 PM PDT

Minnow Trap
Minnow Trap
by Brian Horeck
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
17 used & new from $0.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read for the cottage, February 17, 2011
I've read both Minnow Trap and Frozen Beneath and found both Brian Horeck's novels to be very engaging. I couldn't put each book down and read each in one day. I really did enjoy them. In both cases I was vacationing in the areas where the factitious events take place. (Elliot Lake and Blind River)
They're not literary masterpieces. They're not supposed to be.
What they are, are science fiction adventures that feature Canadian cottage life, a colourful cast of characters and out of this world monsters and aliens thrown into the mix. It's light, entertaining reading that's perfect for when you're on vacation - especially for Canadians up in cottage country.
I highly recommend Brian Horeck's books and am a big fan of his.

Powerline By Original Power 0900-79 12-Volt DC Dual Socket Splitter with USB Charging Port
Offered by Galactics
Price: $6.99
4 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Unit, August 1, 2008
I bought this unit for a driving vacation, and the entire unit stopped working after a few minutes. It may have been the fuse in the power outlet adapter, but I only had a GPS and an iPhone plugged in it.

Foolishly, I bought another one a few hundred miles away, hoping I had bought a lemon and that the product was probably good. Unfortunately, the USB died on this unit after a couple of hours.
I ended up using a larger more expensive power adapter with a Griffin double-USB powerblock. It worked fine except for the space it took up.

Would someone please make a product along these lines, that works well for people like me who have GPS, iPhones and other devices that need to be charged.
The product should also be solid, and not loosely rattle around on its hinges like this device. The product would ideally also have 2 USB ports and be able to charge iPods/iPhones/digital cameras without blowing a fuse.