Profile for azog > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 280

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

azog RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bridge Constructor
Bridge Constructor
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Bridge Constructor, March 30, 2015
This review is from: Bridge Constructor (App)
It's a "typical" build-a-bridge kind of game. I put "typical" in quotes, because they're not the most popular kind of games, but done right, they're kind of fun. Use your material to build a bridge within budget and make sure the bridge doesn't collapse when cars drive across it. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it just right, and the colors of the bridges can reveal where it'll most likely fail.

Anyways, the game contains in-app purchasing and for a game of this nature, it's just a money-grab. Nothing more, nothing less, especially when the IAP is apparently mostly just for hints. Thanks for 30 minutes of marginal fun, but no thanks.

Whirlpool 691366 Dryer Idler Pulley
Whirlpool 691366 Dryer Idler Pulley
Price: $9.77
15 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dryer repair, March 26, 2015
My ~15 year old dryer had a non-wheel unit, and I guess over time, it just wore the belt out. Replaced it with this and a new belt and hopefully I'll never have to buy any of these for another 15 years. An hour of time and $20 in parts saved who-knows what a repairman would have charged... There were printed directions for both items and a quick search on YouTube also helped. And with Amazon Prime, the parts came in two days, so I wasn't without a dryer for any significant period of time.

How to Make a Noise: Analog Synthesis
How to Make a Noise: Analog Synthesis
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars How to Make a Noise: Analog Synthesis, March 22, 2015
In the intro, the author states the purpose of the book is to discuss _synthesis_ rather than _synthesizers_. Quite frankly, the author provides such an in-depth level of detail for two specific synthesizers that the overall presentation contradicts this statement. I was looking for a good book on analog theory, not page after page of screenshots for Twin or Massive, or which keys to press. The book does contain some valid theory, just not at a very deep level, but the price is good.

Unpossible
Unpossible
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unpossible, March 20, 2015
This review is from: Unpossible (App)
Quite frankly, the music alone deserves a high rating. Where can I get the music? But the game itself is pretty interesting. I died in like 10 seconds the first time, but got 80 seconds the second game. I'm actually kinda afraid to play more, because it made my heart rate increase! But this game has what makes a good game: simple play, simple controls, re-play value. Ran smooth as butter on Fire TV.

ORBB
ORBB
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars After playing up to phase 4, I was fully ..., March 15, 2015
This review is from: ORBB (App)
After playing up to phase 4, I was fully prepared to give this at least a 4 star rating. It's an interesting game that is much harder than the simple graphics would imply. The spinning planets imparts some spin to your ball which makes it harder to judge the path your ball will take. You have to take into consideration the speed and direction.

But upon hitting level 5, I got a completely blank screen and an unresponsive app. I was able to return to the Fire home menu, and the game music was still playing, but each time I try to open it, I'm back at the black screen with no means of playing. Perhaps FC the app and restarting would allow me to continue playing, but a user shouldn't need to use such a cludgy workaround.

Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" screen.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2015 9:41 AM PDT

World Conquest Zvezda Plot Lady Venera Nendoroid Figure
World Conquest Zvezda Plot Lady Venera Nendoroid Figure
Offered by ACCESS-JAPAN
Price: $49.96
97 used & new from $29.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Lady Venera, February 23, 2015
Picked her up from AmiAmi, so I don't doubt the authenticity, but this is a very fickle figure. That fist is undoubtedly her signature piece, but when it is attached to the figure, the whole thing becomes unstable and falls apart very easily. The post which attaches to her back, that connects to the pegged base, likes to fall out; it is almost as if the sizes don't quite match (hole is either too small, and/or the peg is not long enough). Luckily, her cape is long and provides enough stability to display without needing the stand, but the cape will also easily fall off. I wouldn't call myself unhappy with this, but I also wouldn't consider this to be the pinnacle of GSC's figures.

Kenmore Genuine HEPA Cloth Canister Vacuum Bags Fits type Q - (2 Bags)
Kenmore Genuine HEPA Cloth Canister Vacuum Bags Fits type Q - (2 Bags)
Offered by Galaxy Vacuum
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, February 8, 2015
The product I received had the actual name Kenmore on the bag, so I suspect these are really genuine. I don't have an original shipping package to compare with, but they looked and felt exactly like the one I took out of my vacuum and it fit perfectly.

8"Anime Natsume's Book of Friends Nyanko Sensei Yuujinchou Cat Plush Toy Dolls
8"Anime Natsume's Book of Friends Nyanko Sensei Yuujinchou Cat Plush Toy Dolls
Offered by Bei Liu
Price: $7.99
5 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, February 8, 2015
Everyone could use a bit of Nyanko Sensei in their lives.

Aquasentials Exfoliating Mesh Soap Saver Pouch (4pk)(Color Assorted)
Aquasentials Exfoliating Mesh Soap Saver Pouch (4pk)(Color Assorted)
Offered by Aquasentials
Price: $6.29
2 used & new from $6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit rough, February 8, 2015
Like others, I purchased these primarily as a way to use those leftover chips of soap that end up melting in the soap dish. Reading the reviews, I was marginally prepared for how rough they were but I was still a bit surprised. After a few uses, the roughness seemed to have lessened. I don't know if that was just due acclimation or they if actually wore down a bit. As for the exfoliation benefits, that was a side concern, but after a month of using it, there seems to be a noticeable improvement in my skin.

Three stars are because it was very hard to open the bag to refill it. One bag went straight into the garbage because I could not open it without cutting the cord (which I did try, but that rendered the bag useless as the soap kept popping out). So it's a good thing there are more than one in a package.

Chromatik
Chromatik
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Chromatik, February 6, 2015
This review is from: Chromatik (App)
When it looks too good to be true, it usually is. In this case, I installed the app, ran it once to view a piece of music. When I tried to look at another piece of music, I got constant nag screens telling me to login to Facebook. I closed the app and tried again, but from that point on, I am unable to view music without logging into Facebook, which I chose not to do.

That's a big red flag, and an immediate un-install for me. Big data is big money, and the consumer costs may be hidden, but there are still costs. I might sound like a paranoid privacy evangelist, but the collection and possible brokering of personal data by an unknown entity is not an acceptable risk for me. I'd gladly pay $5 for an unencumbered product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2015 4:44 PM PST