Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Profile for 35yrworkingpro > Reviews

Browse

35yrworkingpro's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

35yrworkingpro RSS Feed

iKingsky Men's Novelty Underwear Sexy Single Side Leather G-string (One Size, Black)
Offered by ikingsky

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, April 8, 2015
Stupid product. Nice idea, built for a gorilla in the crotch and the waist.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs this book!, April 9, 2014
I stumbled upon Nannette’s book uh… I’m not sure why…lol, and loved it. As a guy, I found it both redeeming and rewarding, feeling like a lifelong weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I was finally allowed to be what I/we are as men…which is sadly disregarded, ridiculed, compromised and disrespected in society today.

Don’t think so ladies? Well, that’s my point. Mainstream society is SO crowded with “you go grrrl”, “you deserve to be happy”, and “you’re entitled to do/be what you want”, for women, that no matter how random, obtuse or even self-serving that may be we seem to have lost our way to community, respect and even enjoyment of the male.

While the book tends to oversimplify us, it doesn’t follow the usual path of doing so to poke or put us down! Rather, it rejoices in the simplicity of what we are, clearing a path for celebration together and encouraging (often through scolding) women to let go…and learn to enjoy the incredible ride we’re capable of giving…if you just stop holding us over the barrel for sex and attitude.

Written as a guide for women, few will get it…and fewer who ought to read it and get it will…which is sad. Like some of the reviews herein, the mainstream female is more likely to get caught on the notion that letting go and doing what he wants and needs, in his male terms…is somehow a step in the wrong direction, feminism wise! I can assure you, nothing could be further from the truth. Having such a woman myself, who gets it and has let go…she has me forever, so close and dear that there just aren’t words!

And for men? “Creative Screwing” is their “50 Shades of Grey” not only because it makes it okay to have a penis, but rejoices in everything that comes with it. Raw, hot, theatrical, boiling lust rises out of the groin and dives deep into the heart and soul, where it’s not only acceptable to be male…but in everyone’s best interests to join in and celebrate. Nannette makes no bones about using the language of men as it applies to sex and love; dirty, guttural, and crude as it comes. In so doing, she not only shatters the barriers, taboos, and predispositions that keep women at arm’s length from their men, but affirms every man’s path to the deepest kind of love that most women (and men) only dream about.

Bravo, Nannette. Get the book gang! I bought three, for myself and male friends. The ONLY downside? Trying to share this with women will surely have the air that you are trying to sell them on it…! But, if you have, or can find one that can put that on hold long enough to absorb the contents AND try it out…you will have no need for anything else in your life, ever! Well, other than food, sports, and beer, ha ha!

Creative Screwing: A Woman's Guide to Becoming an Erotic Enchantress of Superlustful Sex
by Nannette LaRee Hernandez
Edition: Spiral-bound
15 used & new from $47.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo! Get the book!, April 8, 2014

And for men? “Creative Screwing” is their “50 Shades of Grey” not only because it makes it okay to have a penis, but rejoices in everything that comes with it. Raw, hot, theatrical, boiling lust rises out of the groin and dives deep into the heart and soul, where its not only acceptable to be male…but in everyone’s best interests to join in and celebrate. Nannette makes no bones about using the language of men as it applies to sex and love; dirty, guttural, and crude as it comes. In so doing, she not only shatters the barriers, taboos, and predispositions that keep women at arm’s length from their men, but affirms every man’s path to the deepest kind of love that most women (and men) only dream about.

Pyle Pro PWMA230 200W VHF Wireless Battery Powered PA System
Pyle Pro PWMA230 200W VHF Wireless Battery Powered PA System
3 used & new from $191.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm, this is a stumper box - hot, unique, and groovy!, May 23, 2011
Greetings,

I'm a professional media specialist, with over 35 years experience and I've used literally hundreds of products, from computers and software to amplifiers, lighting, stage gear, wireless mics, stands, etc.

I had a need for a small portable P.A., for kids and senior citizens shows that I do. I was tired of lugging around a Fender Passport, or any other system with separate speakers and amp. A lot of my friends doing stand-up, magic and other kids shows for fairs, libraries and churches would show up with a variety of small (sometimes battery powered units) and I was always intrigued - but never impressed (even overlooking the fact they have no background in audio or gear).

On researching units, I decided to try the Pyle Pro 230 for several reasons. First, price! If you compare feature to others on the market, the Pyle has them hands down. Second, as much as reviewers suggest the mic works and then quits, it does comes with a wireless VHF mic. Maybe a bonus, we'll see. Third: size - and the fact it could be mounted on any standard or smaller speaker/lighting stand. Fourth: Battery operated option (included), for those unusual applications, or even every day ones where you just don't want to have to wire everything up. Fifth...the sucker comes with a handle and wheels. We don't even put those on high end, 150 lb amps most the time.

But EVEN MORE importantly, it was the POWER. Thankfully, Pyle was/is one of the remaining few to give their rating in Watts RMS, and for those who do not know, this is everything. True, with some of the new amp technology (like Behringer), the true meaning of Watts RMS has been terrible diluted, but it seemed to me that maybe Pyle was NOT doing that, that they were using old school ratings.

So, how does it fair:

1 - Construction: Interesting. Cheap knobs, connectors and grille, cheap amp mounting, but all recessed for protection. So that's good, and if you treat it respectfully, it should hold up or looks like it's easily fixed. Thin hardwall panels...and less than rounded casing materials, certainly NOT tolex or very durable, but again....respectable. This ain't no Fender, but treat it nicely and it will work. As for the extending handle and casters - standard to many suitcases. The handle could have been placed lower to get it out of the way during shows, but then it would not have had the right walking height - so this is also manageable. The top carrying handle? Excellent, well placed...just bulky - I was hoping to Velcro two wireless receivers to the top, so I'll have to make a small table to level the area first but again - not bad.

2 - Amplifier - Well, again, nothing to write home about. Input connectors are all ¼", and HOW they manage stereo to mono on the AUX input is up for grabs. No specs, no mids, no MAIN VOL, etc, etc. In fact, there's no clue as to the circuitry for the mic inputs versus guitar or line. I`m GUESSING, they're all the same, simple pre-amp busses heading into a wide open Main...meaning it runs full through the main buss all the time. This is not so bad...mind you, save for the notion one could/would/might and cannot avoid a variety of input mismatches, clipping and other issues without any knowledge or control, unless you understand are are careful.

As a comparison...I have a very unique and interesting Traynor solid state guitar amp, 35 Watts RMS, that KNOCKS your socks off. Side by side with the Pyle....well, the Pyle has more, but not much...and certainly not much worth using. Still, the Pyle's heavy duty 8" speaker and amp produce and incredibly rich, powerful, full range and remarkable sound. A mid range knob would help though, as clarity is lost in this range. Summarily - pretty kick ass. $1 per 1 Watt RMS like the old days. Pretty nifty.

3 - Wireless Mic: Ha ha! But, to be fair...come on. But....you get a free, wireless mic in the box, and it works. It's nearly a toy, but has a pretty rich range, reasonable output, and is hard to make feed back at any level or location not trying to be stupid with it. Will it last? Well, that remains to be seen. Respect it, don't drop it or give it out to Aunt Edna to spit in, and limited use might work.

4 - DC Power: Too soon to tell. I cringe over things like NiCad batteries, because over the years...for video cameras, belt paks, lighting gear and cell phones...they develop memory, get weak, suck and cost $$ to replace. But, if you charge them fully, exercise them (drain them fully on use), they can last a couple years. Cost to replace? Remains to be seen.

5 - Overall: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! I struck out to find the MOST true power I could, for the best price....Pyle DOES IT! Reasonably clean, lots of head room, a solid performer for kids and seniors shows. Solid, within limits...and can be mounted on a standard stand, sit on the floor, go with or without power, and IN A PINCH...provide it's own wireless mic!

I WOULD NOT recommend Pyle in larger more powerful versions, as I know there are some, because I worry that their "build" methodology does not grow with the power and size. The manual is a joke, half sentences, nothing really worthy, and the packing was "odd" in many ways. Good, but odd.

I'm not sure what these guys from Brooklyn NY are thinking...but this is a HUGE contender, if they'd shore up the input and specs, and wireless mic. If you compare this to straight amps in the same line, Roland and whomever, starting at $695 for 30 Watts (RMS or what?) on up to several thousand......THE PYLE WORKS!!!! Units sold for thousands to college, because they have an on-board CD player and SM58 competitor would have NO CHANCE of standing up to this kind of unit, if they offered an upgrade for serious users.

I like it! It's......groovy!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 1:50 PM PST

DigiPro WP5540 5.5x4" USB Graphics Tablet w/Cordless Pen (Black)
DigiPro WP5540 5.5x4" USB Graphics Tablet w/Cordless Pen (Black)
6 used & new from $23.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovy, nifty - great buy!, May 19, 2011
Greetings,

I'm a graphics arts and media professional having executed all kinds and levels of fun and successful projects for the last 25 years or more.

I have never used (though have owned) a tablet before, and not sure why. Just never needed it I guess. Recently, I've been frustrated drawing caricatures and things by hand, then digitizing and cleaning them up or struggling over line thickness, smoothness etc. Believe it or not, on a Win 7 system, I'm still running Corel Graphics 6 (1995) and Photoshop 6 (2003ish) and the tablet works perfectly.

In making a purchase choice, this item created some interesting reflection and consideration - given the wide array of tablets and prices, but I wanted something small, entry level and simple, that would allow me to draw and create more easily. This product is, quite frankly, all that and more, and quite the hoot to have. I love it.

More, the on-board applications, which do NOT match the manual at all, allow me to use it live in a kids presentation show, either as a mouse, a full, opaque drawing tablet, or to annotate nearly anything on or in the screen. The only exception is animations, video and any program that uses the video layer - which is understandable. For these...it seamlessly grabs a still shot of the screen, allowing you to annotate while the video plays behind the scenes. Otherwise, it is fully functional - amazing.

The size is great, fits well on the left, my wireless mouse on the right (I'm left handed so this is REALLY COOL) and my computer supports both...so I can draw and create with the left, and use the mouse simultaneously to click, save, etc. VERY COOL and productive.

The only drawback I see, is the manual (not proper English or close, and barely correlative with the disc and product), but it gets you through. Oh, two others....the pen is touchy. If you're annotating and either touch the tip and pen switches to close or in succession, the program crashes. NOT COOL depending on what you're in the middle of...and there does NOT seem to be an adjustment. Also, the pen could use a power switch to save battery. At first, I laid it on the side - but always worried I was jostling it and wearing down the battery by waking the unit up. Then, I tried putting it upside down in the on-board pen well, but it fits poorly. Finally, after giving that the proper thought, I saw the pen well had a recess for the pen tip - so contrary to all the OTHER posts and my efforts, I've now found that that's EXACTLY what you do...put the pen in the pen well. It hasn't turned on or run down yet. Why none of us reviewing got that, I don't know, lol.

So, it's way cool! Cannot BEAT the price or features. Supercalifragilisticexpialladocious!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2011 7:08 PM PDT

Eliminator E-144 Pirahna Mini Double Derby Special Effects Light
Eliminator E-144 Pirahna Mini Double Derby Special Effects Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, April 13, 2011
I'm NOT a proponent of foreign production of US products, but I have to admit that at times you have to stop and pause.

This unit is really a-okay! To be fair...compared to a $399 purchase of Chauvet 4-Bar system...AND it's crappy packaging and features.........

I shoulda/coulda bought 3-4 various Eliminator products instead! It not only would cost less (conceivably), but would produce a lot more light, and more intersting light at that!

Sadly, like most in it's class, this light is gimmicky...and tosses "U"-shaped lights (for no particular reason) in varying patterns and speeds, but it's crisp, sharp, responsive and VERY coalorful.

I'm gonna like it okay!

Chauvet 4 Bar Lighting System
Chauvet 4 Bar Lighting System
Offered by VMInnovations
Price: $399.99
11 used & new from $359.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bright, not to neat, but a consideration for the price?, April 13, 2011
Well this is hard. I'm a full-time working professional of 35 years on stage and now doing a fully interactive family show with 3-5 drum sets, 12-25 guitars, wireless mics, stage monitors, lighting and broadcast video with anywhere from 1-15 people from the audience on stage at one time.

Lighting, although I have plenty of professional experience, has never been all that an issue for this show... mostly because it typically occurs in broad daylight in close proximity to the audiences, on stage or ground level. I use lighting for the effect...ie: the flashing of colors in the peripheral of the audience and volunteer performers.

This year, I decided it might be beneficial to beef that up a bit, and add some ambient colors, some wash to the performers areas and researched these "new" LED's for several weeks. Sadly, I gotta tell ya, I'm NOT, repeat NOT, in favor or a fan of LED at all!!!! It's not warm or bright, and often NOT user maintainable, LIKE THESE CHAUVET units.

Still, reading the reviews, it was clear they were the best in their class, and that people were genuinely IMPRESSED with their brightness. NOT ME! Aside from the issues of shipment (see elsewhere), these lights barely outperform the old 4 35-Watt COLOR BANK systems. Oh, they're more...brighter at times and the beams travel farther, but they're far from HOT! They were...hmmmm, okay? if I can say that! In the dark (I'm testing in a 24' slanted ceiling, 3800 square foot condo against walls and ceilings about 18 feet away), beams were distinct and colorful, but not bright. Turn on a 4-bulb 60-watt each ceiling light for the entire huge room, and they're almost LOST! That's NOT cool!

Stand? Hmmm, it's much like an On-Stage P.A. stand...using thumb/wing knobs instead of full circular, with a VERY SPECIFIC warning NOT TO OVER-TIGHTEN. I've seen, used and miffed over a lot of these newer designs, and my on-stages are great. These...not so much.

The controller? Hmmm. Well, again, for the price and intent, I guess 30' of cable to the foot unit works if you're the guitarist or drummer responsible to using it. It does NOT work for serious stage and there's the thing...cable is NOT that expensive. The unit has reasonably cheap connectors, save for the fact they have actual screws and can be repaired on the road, but it's NOT like CHAUVET is doing any favors here. You'll have to treat this with kid gloves.

The case? Oh my. Nice idea, but please. We "hang" lighting trusses in the trailers. The thought of a case was nice...especially at this thin profile, but it's hardly road ready...meaning it's fabric and foam, NOT like the picture, and here's a kick....read carefully.......whomever designed a "hinged cover/lid" that ONLY tips back to vertical (90 degrees) is an IDIOT. Absolute IDIOT. If you find a level surface on the road at all, good luck, but the lid of this case needs to be able to tip back AT LEAT another 10 degrees to STAY OPEN so you can load it. If you plan to PACK this in the rig...you'll need an anvil case, cuz this case won't make one road trip sitting on the floor or between other hard cases, sorry. BAD BAD!

What else? Power cord. INSULT. Give us a cord more than 6' please...it's NOT that expensive. Tri-pod case. FORGET IT. Individual stand cases are a joke for any serious musician anyway.

Patterns and features....FAIR! I mean, how many patterns can you really make out of 4 lights that matter? Like SO MANY products today, it features a large number of possibilities YOU WILL NEVER USE! Sincerely, you want to buy this unit to fill dark areas, make for easy set-up your bass player can run, and exit stage right.

Don't get me wrong...for the price....it's iffy! Jury's still out but I gotta tell ya, with this item I also bought the Eliminator Piranha for $80...intending to spill on the audience for some shows this summer after dark and, well, WOW!!! Lights ON and this puppy is clear and sharp.

In conclusion, I neither confirm nor deny the other reviews...! It's SPENDY, for relatively little road-worthy build or power, but it may add some splash. Makes me wonder, though, if I gutted the housings and went with Par cans, stealing from the trigger system if I wouldn't be slightly ahead.

Thanks folks!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2013 7:02 AM PST