Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Norma Lehmeierhartie > Reviews

Browse

Norma Lehmeierha...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 279

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Norma Lehmeierhartie RSS Feed (New York, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Catastrophe - Season 2
Catastrophe - Season 2
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible and Not Comedy, April 21, 2016
I enjoyed watching Amazon’s first season of Catastrophe. It was funny and quirky and I enjoyed getting to know Rob and Sharon. (For those of you unfamiliar, American Rob goes to the UK on business and meets Sharon. They have sex, she gets pregnant and they decide to keep the baby and get married and stay in the UK.)

The second season begins a couple of years later with Sharon pregnant with their second child. They also have a cute little dog, picked up from a shelter. There is a scene where the dog licks the toddler’s toes—something the baby loves, but it is obvious Sharon doesn’t like the dog or him licking the baby. (Why?)

The show goes downhill from there. Sharon is an unlikeable mess. (Why Rob puts up with her is a mystery.) Her demented dad leaves the door open and the dog runs out and gets run over by a car and is killed. When Sharon’s dad apologizes for leaving the door open, Sharon blithely says that it is OK, they were going to have the dog put to sleep, anyway. WHAT? What did this poor dog do?

The final scene has Rob sitting outside, putting the dog in a garbage bag to be thrown away and Sharon throws some used diapers out the second story window for Rob to add to the garbage bag that is holding the dog.

This episode sickened me on many levels and it certainly is not comedy. I will not be watching any more episodes.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good But Some Faults, February 19, 2016
First what I like...I need a diffuser for my curly hair (bought their orchid one) and I love how it fits over the stem of the dryer very snugly. Most dryers have attachments snap on the end and they inevitably fall off (and break, with my last dryer.) Heavy duty cord is nice. Everything is fine except the cold button--to begin with, it's too small and depressed, so you have to jam your thumb into it to press it even more. Second, it takes forever to get cold--all the while, your finger is hurting. If they fixed the cold button, I'd give it 5 stars. As it is, I was toying with 3.

Home
Home
by Ellen Degeneres
Price: $23.79
91 used & new from $9.57

4.0 out of 5 stars A Glimpse into Ellen's Homes and Decorating Styles, October 27, 2015
This review is from: Home (Hardcover)
I watch Ellen regularly and knew she loves to buy homes, decorate them and then sell and buy a new one, so I was curious about this book. In her introduction, she writes: "Moving houses is just another way in which I get to experience life." When I saw her on The Today Show this morning, I went to Barnes & Noble to read the book because Ellen is partly the reason I recently put my house on the market! I figured if she can buy and decorate a home and love it but turn around and sell it, then then so can I! (I have also said that I want to sell my house--something I spent a lot of time renovating and decorating--to experience something new--so I totally relate...Hey, Ellen, maybe you'd be interested...1 hour north of NYC in the woods...look me up;))

For those of you who know Ellen's public persona, her voice comes out in this book loud and clear.

It is divided into two parts: houses she and Portia have lived in and those of her friends and collaborators.

The book is mostly photographs of houses with some text. She describes the homes and some of the decorations featured in the photos. At the end of each chapter is "What the house taught me" and this would be the section us ordinary folks can relate to. She offers mostly commonsense tips and a dose of her humor. For example: "If you have animals, probably stay away from owning a rocking chair" and "Use coasters. Before we go any further and I forget, always use coasters." (For all the light hearted quips, however, Ellen is very serious about decorating. I found her homes lacking in lightness and fun; they were a bit austere.)

Why only 4 stars? I liked--not loved--the book. For example, I would have liked to have seen more panoramic shots; nearly all of them feature vignettes of rooms.

This is a nice book to look through. Fun to glimpse at some of the California architecture and Ellen and friends' choice of furniture, art and placement.

Dog-Friendly New England: A Traveler's Companion (Third)  (Dog-Friendly Series)
Dog-Friendly New England: A Traveler's Companion (Third) (Dog-Friendly Series)
by Trisha Blanchet
Price: $14.90
50 used & new from $2.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Misses, August 31, 2015
Missing a lot of places to stay..at least on Cape Cod. For example, we always take our dogs to Bayshore or Chandler in Provincetown. They have been dog friendly for years and no sign of them. Looking for a place on the Cape that is dog friendly for one night (before going to Bayshore) and a number of the places listed in this book did not allow dogs. Found a place using the internet. May be helpful for certain places to visit with dogs, but I am unimpressed and wish I didn't buy the book.

The Comeback: Season 2
The Comeback: Season 2
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend!, July 22, 2015
Fantastic! Clever show so well done and acted! Funny, moving and just wonderful! Lisa Kudrow is just a terrific actor!

Brita Pitcher, Water Replacement Filters, 2 Count
Brita Pitcher, Water Replacement Filters, 2 Count
Price: $10.49
14 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like the Brita Water Filter cartridge. I live in New York City in a Pre-War building and the water is less than appealing to me. It is usually cloudy. When I use the Brita pitcher with the cartridge, it filters out the cloudiness and the sentiment. I do not notice any chlorine taste. I would not drink the water without using it.

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, Charcoal, 6 Count
Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, Charcoal, 6 Count
Price: $5.47
19 used & new from $5.47

3.0 out of 5 stars For Noses Only, April 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you only breakout or have black or white heads on your nose, you maay want to check Bioe out. Otherwise, I would recommend getting a product for the entire face. Works OK, but couldn't be bothered.

Barilla Whole Grain Pasta, Elbows, 13.25 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Barilla Whole Grain Pasta, Elbows, 13.25 Ounce (Pack of 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea!, March 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Good Idea to make pasta 50% white and 50% whole wheat for those of us not thrilled with the taste and texture of 100% whole wheat pasta. So...you get half the health benefits of whole wheat but with the better taste of white flour. If you do dig the flavor of whole wheat pasta, don't bother. This is for those of us who aren't that crazy about whole wheat. recommend.

Spring Pet Ear Cleaner for Dogs and Cats ~ 16 Ounces ~ Soothing Aloe Vera and Vitamin Veterinary Strength Formula Made in USA
Offered by Spring Pet Products
Price: $26.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for My Dogs, March 9, 2015
I was offered Spring Pet Products Ear Cleansing Solution at a big discount to encourage me to buy it and write a review and was hoping for a product I liked.

Unfortunately,I do not care for this product and am throwing it out. For one thing, it contains Dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate, which is a strong irritant for eyes and lungs, and also a skin irritant. Ingestion can cause the side effects described above, such as diarrhea, intestinal bloating, and occasionally cramping in humans. I am not putting that in my dogs' ears.

Secondly, it is loaded with synthetic perfumes (chemicals) and I hate the smell. One day later and I still smell it. I prefer using the natural ear cleaners. They work and do not smell like a chemical perfume factory.

Note: apparently, Dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate is safe in the amount it is used in this product--see comments. (Just take care not to get it in your dog's eyes.)

I thought about changing stars to 3, but I really "don't like it" because of the smell. That said...I am highly sensitive to artificial perfumes and am never happy when they are added to a product. My guess is that for many users, they would not mind the smell--see many of the other reviews.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2015 2:40 PM PDT

OXO Basic Can Opener
OXO Basic Can Opener
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, February 13, 2015
This review is from: OXO Basic Can Opener (Kitchen)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have an OXO Good Grips that is at least 10 years old and it is heavier than this lightweight one. Not that there is anything wrong with it being light. It is sharp and works well. No bells or whistles, just does the job.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20