Profile for D. Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 197

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Johnson "Chi-Town Dale" RSS Feed (Lombard, IL USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Pewter
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Pewter
Price: $27.29
8 used & new from $27.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Solves the kitty litter cleaning problem, March 19, 2014
I love this litter box so long as the proper clumping litter is used. Now cleaning the box takes less than two minutes instead of the 5-10 minutes it used to.

I wouldn't be without this box, even for those automatic cleaners that are now available. This is easier to use than they are and no worries over batteries, motors or too thick clumps.

Also no having to nag the Grandkids to clean the litter box any more.

Finally, with very good clumping litter the litter lasts 2-4 times longer than the old fashioned boxes because it filters out the clumps and the remaining litter is still usable and not smelly.

Champion Men's Champion Eco Relaxed Band Pant, Granite Heather, X-Large
Champion Men's Champion Eco Relaxed Band Pant, Granite Heather, X-Large
Price: $13.26
13 used & new from $13.26

3.0 out of 5 stars Too long, March 19, 2014
I like the fit of these pants but they seem made for someone 7 ft tall. I cut off 6 inches from each leg bottom in order to not drag the bottoms on the floor and I am 6 ft tall.

If they fix the length problem, I would buy more of them because they are so comfortable.

Another minor problem is that there is no back pocket for my wallet. So I have to wear tee shirts with a pocket to hold my wallet when I go out wearing these pants.

Maxell HP-20 Headphone Extension Cord with Adapters (190399)
Maxell HP-20 Headphone Extension Cord with Adapters (190399)
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very flexible and carries sounds well, March 19, 2014
I love this extension because it is so flexable. I am constantly forgetting I am hooked up to my computer so I get up and walk away. The flex of this extension prevents me from pulling my computer off the desk and onto the floor. In fact, I can walk across the room to fetch a book or open the patio door without unhooking from the computer which sves wear and tear of the prong and the attachment port. So I use it almost every day now whenever I am on my computer.

Hamilton Beach 40918 Java Blend Coffee Brewer
Hamilton Beach 40918 Java Blend Coffee Brewer
Price: $59.49
12 used & new from $59.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice compact counter space saving appliance, March 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great device. Not only for making iced tea/coffee as well as other mixed drinks but it is great for whipping up omlets as well. The small size of the mixer is just right for small tasks like this instead of hauling out our full sized blender.

The only negative comment I have for this coffee maker is that it doesn't come with a permanent filter like my 12 cup Krups machine does. It is a pain to hunt down the smaller cupcake sized paper filters it needs, so I am hunting for a permanent filter of the smaller size needed by this machine. If I find it and it works as well as the Krups filter does then this will be the perfect appliance for our crowded counter area.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 3:32 PM PDT

Vornado AC300 True HEPA Air Purifier
Vornado AC300 True HEPA Air Purifier
Price: $140.33
15 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath of Freash Air, March 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This air purifier is very impressive. It will clean the air in an entire room in almost no time at all. The only negative is that it is very loud on the HIGH settting because of the large volume of air it moves. But that isn't a problem for me since I almost always run it on low.
It clears the air of dust and pollen very well. Before using it I would sneeze 2-3 times a day and 2-4 sneezes at a time. Using this purifier I may sneeze once or twice a week and then only a single sneeze. This is usually after I clean out the dust bin on our robotic vacuum cleaner so that there is a lot of dust in the air for a few minutes.
So if you air looking for a good air purifier, look no further than here!

Panasonic RPHJE120S In-Ear Headphone, Silver
Panasonic RPHJE120S In-Ear Headphone, Silver
Offered by Best 4 Best
Price: $8.69
41 used & new from $2.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality, Good Sound, February 13, 2014
These are good Ear Phones because they have a softer wire coating and the sound is very good.
Most ear phones I have used use a harder plastic coating and this causes the ear phones to fail prematurly because the stiffer plastic breaks the wires.
Also, the form fitting receptors cause less pain in the ear after long use.
The only question will be how long the plastic will remain pliable and thus how long will they last?

If they fail I will update my evaluation later.

Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bath Tissue, 36 Double Rolls
Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Bath Tissue, 36 Double Rolls
Offered by A+++
Price: $24.99
16 used & new from $19.45

5.0 out of 5 stars So Soft it Should be Facial Tissue!!!, February 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
S/B 4 1/2 stars but there isn't any.
The tissue feels like the softest cloth which is why I think it would be more appropriate as facial tissue rather than bathroom tissue.
The only negative to it is that you have to get used to using LESS number of sheets because it is so thick that you will run out of tissue very quickly if you use the same length of sheets as you are used to with single or double sheets.

But it is really very nice if you get some intestinal problem that causes you to have to go to the bathroom more than normal. I've had these before and after a couple of days it becomes painful to sit down. Not with this product! No problem at all sitting down even after 2-3 days of distress.

I recommend this to anyone with intestinal ailments and again, they need to make a facial tissue this soft! Are you listening Northern???

Corel PaintShop Pro X6
Corel PaintShop Pro X6
Offered by LGeOO Electronics
Price: $28.53
40 used & new from $28.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Paint Shop Pro keeps improving their product with each release., December 14, 2013
This review is from: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 (CD-ROM)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This photo editor is not for the rookie. It has very powerful new tools that make editing much easier for the veteran photo editor. The most useful new tool in my mind is the area editor. Where before I had to choose a square or rectangular section to edit and then go back and get rid of the editing effects for the portions of area that should not have been changed, with the new tool you can change an area the shape of the item you want to edit and leave the rest of the area alone.
This is very useful when trying to edit faces in pictures. Almost any irregularly shaped area can be selected for editing so long as it stands out from the rest of the picture. I can now make corrections in a fraction of the time I used to have to spend and get better results for my efforts.
This one tool makes the product worth every penny it costs, regardless of the many other tools it makes available.
I wish they would have developed this tool years ago because it would have saved me many days of work and given me better results for all of my work.

The only negative I see is the complexity of the product. With more improvement in the ease of using the many tools available, this product can only become a dream for a wider audience of lesser skilled computer users.

Sahale Snacks California Almonds Plus Sea Salt, 18 Count
Sahale Snacks California Almonds Plus Sea Salt, 18 Count
Price: $20.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right!, December 14, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had trouble finding almonds that are right for me. The sea salt added to these almonds make them just right for a snack. Not too much salt nor too little. The almonds themselves are fresh as can be and the packaging allows for just the right amount of nuts for a snack. 1 1/2 Oz is not too much and not too little. Everyone at my house that I have let try them loves them.

Oster FPSTPP7310WM-NP Professional Popcorn Maker
Oster FPSTPP7310WM-NP Professional Popcorn Maker
Price: $62.10
4 used & new from $62.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic and Neat, October 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing I need to say about this popcorn popper is that it is not a "professional" corn popper.
It is a novelty machine for home use. A number of reviewers have commented upon the small capacity of the popping bowl itself. I see no problem with this since capacity is a trade off between size and being able to pop the corn without burning it.

To increase capacity without burning the corn, you would need to double the width of the popping device. I have an air popping machine that has twice the capacity to pop corn as this machine and the heating area is THREE TIMES as large as this popping element.
I don't know about you but I don't have any kitchen area large enough to hold a machine with a popping element 3 times the size of this and would have the look of an old fashioned machine like I used to see at the movie theaters as a kid.

On the positive side after the initial 4-5 minute warm up period you can pop subsequent batches in less than 3 minutes so you can easily feed a bunch of folks watching movies or a football game in less than 15 minutes with virtually no clean up to be done.

That is what I look for in a popping machine, quick popping with low oil content and easy clean up. This machine fills the bill.

The pull out drawer is more for getting rid of the unpopped kernels than for serving the popcorn. The drawer is not tall enough to hold a full batch and if you try to use it for that purpose, the corn will spill all over the place. So using the drawer for disposal of unpopped corn is the wisest use I can see for it. So open the door and scoop away at your fresh popped corn!

There are a couple of minor rubs to this machine though. The big one is that for such a heavy heating bowl, it has very light lids (two halfs). This causes a larger number of unpopped kernels to occur than there should be. If you don't mind you can gather them up and toss them back into the next batch to be done but it is a bit of a pain.

The second item is something that they don't claim so is not a mark against the machine but a suggestion. My air popper has a compartment on top that I can put butter into and it will melt and drip the butter ion the corn as it pops. This is a nice feature that would be great for this machine although the design of the machine doesn't provide any place to position such a feature. So it is just my suggestion if they redesign the machine in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20