Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Kids Halloween
Profile for Breuer, Klaus > Reviews

Breuer, Klaus' Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Breuer, Klaus "Dauerleser" RSS Feed

Publishing Kindle eBooks Using LaTeX
Publishing Kindle eBooks Using LaTeX

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so impressive..., April 26, 2012
Hm. Here I am running about, learning how to write a nice book in Kindle format, and found this: turning a LaTeX Paper into a Kindle book.

...but the price of the book turned me off. $4.11 sounds little, but the book contains a mere 33 pages. Lower the price (and let me know ;), and I'll buy it (if I haven't found some other good guides yet).

Up (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live) [Blu-ray]
Up (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ed Asner
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $25.50
63 used & new from $17.36

1.0 out of 5 stars DRM causes a mess, again. Thanks., November 20, 2009
Beautiful movie. Typically Pixar. I actually went to a cinema to see it (which, here in Germany, is usually getting too expensive for my taste), and didn't regret it at all.
Bought the DVD as soon as it came out - yes, actually thought the movie good enough that I want to see it again on DVD, despite it not being particularly cheap.

And the DVD doesn't play, thanks to some DRM (Digital Restriction Mess-Up). It doesn't play, because it does not adhere to the DVD standard, thus (by definition) not being a DVD. So I paid a LOT of money - to get nothing.

Thanks. Disney. Well done. Wish I could give you Zero Stars.
Certainly an excellent way of making sure I buy even less DVDs than I already do, and certainly none ever again from *you*.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2012 8:18 AM PDT

Here Be Dragons: An Introduction to Critical Thinking
Here Be Dragons: An Introduction to Critical Thinking
DVD ~ Brian Dunning
Price: $15.00
3 used & new from $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars SImple and clear, July 14, 2008
I like this.
Seeing that there's a rather large amount of people quite incapable of critical thinking, I approve of this simple and straight-forward view of How To Do It.
I believe it should be shown in schools, too.

(Admittedly, his way of keeping your focus by changing clothing and background every few minutes is a bit over the top ;)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2008 12:14 AM PDT