Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 132

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Wisconsin)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Xlear Spry Xylitol Gum, Fresh Fruit, 100 Pieces - Great Tasting Natural Chewing Gum That is Aspartame Free, Promotes Oral Health, and Fights Bad Breath
Offered by _AllXylitol_
Price: $8.99
15 used & new from $7.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Great, But Flavor Lasts Only 47 Seconds, July 3, 2016
I appreciate that this company created a xylitol-sweetened gum. That's one of my favorite sweeteners. However, when chewing this gum, the flavor disappears quickly. I decided to time it, and found that after only forty-seven seconds, all the flavor was gone! Other sugar-free gums have flavor that continues for many minutes.

I hope the company can improve this.

ClipperCreek LCS-20P - 16 amp EV Charging Station, with 14-30 plug, 25 ft cable
ClipperCreek LCS-20P - 16 amp EV Charging Station, with 14-30 plug, 25 ft cable
Offered by ClipperCreek
Price: $395.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 14, 2016
I had an electrician add a 220V plug (cost $150), plugged this in, and it has worked perfectly.

PORTER-CABLE PC1500HG 1500-Watt Heat Gun
PORTER-CABLE PC1500HG 1500-Watt Heat Gun
Price: $27.99
56 used & new from $27.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Ignore the Bad Reviews, May 16, 2016
Apparently they have a quality control problem. I ignored the reviews that said it didn't get hot.

Mine doesn't get hot. I can hold my hand right in front of the gun. It only gets warm. I'm returning it.

1500 Watt Dual Temperature Heat Gun (572°F/1112°F) 120V 6.6 and 12.1 Amps
1500 Watt Dual Temperature Heat Gun (572°F/1112°F) 120V 6.6 and 12.1 Amps
Offered by Omega Market
Price: $19.75
33 used & new from $12.49

2.0 out of 5 stars MIght Smell Really Bad, May 8, 2016
I bought one from Harbor Freight. I used it to help start fires in my woodstove. After a while it was less strong, and I returned it for a replacement.

The replacement worked, but had a super-strong "cheap Chinese product plastic smell." The whole living room smelled bad. The smell woudn't go away. I returned it for a refund.

Bedlam: A Year In The Life Of A Mental Hospital
Bedlam: A Year In The Life Of A Mental Hospital
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be So Much Better, May 3, 2016
I gave this four stars because it did a great job of presenting an important topic.

However, I wish the author would go back and do a major rewrite. Things like the head-hopping POV changes are annoying, and some of the dialogue is formatted incorrectly.

Many scenes end in cliffhangers, but by the time the story comes back to resolve them, the reader has moved on and/or forgotten details.

Many important subplots are not resolved. For example, early in the book, the medical director of the hospital goes to a meeting of patients' parents. The parents greet him, and several get up to talk about problems they've seen. The reader wants to see what the director will say. See how he'll respond, and how the parents will react to his response. Instead the director just leaves.

Cutting out a third of the book would make it a taut, page-turner. Less would be more.

If you are not reading this for information about how psychiatric hospitals work, you may have trouble finishing it.

Qi Wireless Power Bank, 10000mAh Portable Wireless Charger Power Bank 2 in 1 Fast Charging, External Battery Pack, ToullGo® for Qi Devices iPhone 6/6s Plus Samsung Galaxy S5/S6/S7 Edge Note5 (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Note that the manual is worse than useless, April 26, 2016
Note that the manual is worse than useless. It's a few paragraphs of text like this: "... begin to power a device, a green light brigh tness [sic] relative to receive the size of the output power of the device."

But there is no green light. There is also no white light and no red light. The "manual" was apparently written for some other version.

The manual in the photo is only 5.5 inches wide.

There are four blue lights and a green light, and they do different things, but you're on your own for figuring out what they mean. Blinking blue probably means it's charging.

Also, since it apparently draws no power when charged, a USB hub may not detect it, and thus may not turn on. Thus, every time my computer sleeps and then comes back on, the device is not detected and does not charge. That's why I used up the battery on the first day.

I'm finding that I have to put my Nexus 7 in just the right place to get it to charge wirelessly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Youth In Asia: A Story of Life, Death and Infantry Combat with the 173rd Airborne Brigade during The Vietnam War's 1968 Tet Offensive in The Central Highlands: Young men will change. Some will Die.
Price: $1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, Good Writing, Nice Suspence and Action, March 29, 2016
This story puts you in the action. Judging from true accounts I've read, this really gives you an idea of what it was like to be in Viet Nam.

Note that this is a story, not non-fiction. It's a good story, well told.

The Walrus of Death (The Chronicles of Norman Book 1)
The Walrus of Death (The Chronicles of Norman Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Clever, and Well-Written, January 22, 2016
Great storytelling--a combination of Dashiell Hammett, Bram Stoker, and Douglas Adams. Excellent pacing and character development.

Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 Energy Star Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control, 70 pint
Offered by Dynamic deals
Price: Click here to see our price
27 used & new from $248.95

4.0 out of 5 stars IMPORTANT: "24-Hour On/Off Timer" MISLEADING!!, January 19, 2016
You might think, as I did, that "24-Hour On/Off Timer" means that you can tell it when during the day or night (that is, when during a 24-Hour period) you want it to run. NOT SO. I bought this thinking I could tell it only to run in the daytime, when we're not sleeping. That is NOT true. The inclusion of the words "24-Hour" suggest to me that it is intentionally misleading.

As you can see from the directions below, the timer just lets you either delay the start or set it to turn off after a number of hours.

I would have sent this heavy puppy back, but I found that if you unplug it and replug it it, it will continue with the same settings you have. So, instead of sending it back, I will just buy a timer, and plug it into that.

Moral: Always download a manual and read it before purchasing a product.

I've only had this for a few minutes so far, so I've given it three stars, and will update that after I've seen what it can do.

Here's an excerpt from the manual:

The TIMER function enables you to either Delay Start or Delay Stop the unit in the choice from 0.5 hour to 24 hours.

I am using this to dehumidify my whole house (I live by the ocean). It sits on the counter in an unused bathroom, and drains into the sink. It drops the RH in that room to 50% and cuts the RH in other rooms from 77% to 64%.

UPDATE 1: Note that after every 250 hours of operation, the "Clean Filter" light will come on, and the unit will stop working until you click the Filter Reset button. It may take it a while before the compressor comes on again, so you might think, as I did, that it's broken. It's not.

UPDATE 2: When the compressor is on, there's an annoying grumbling/grinding noise. It's not loud, but it might bother you. I can hear it from downstairs, but most people wouldn't notice.

Bottom line: It does the job.

Predators and Prey: A Short Story
Predators and Prey: A Short Story
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but fun., January 11, 2016
Good story for when you have a little time to kill.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14