Profile for Jeremy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeremy RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dell XPS 12 XPSU12-8668CRBFB 4th Gen 13-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (1.8GHz Intel Core i7-4500U dual-Core processor, 8GB DDR3 memory, 256 GB SSD, Windows 8)
Offered by LGeOO Electronics
Price: $1,163.39
14 used & new from $895.39

1.0 out of 5 stars *** BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE! ***, August 26, 2014
*** BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE! *** I spent $800 on this laptop, the screen won't give a display after less than 90 days, and the seller refuses to help at all! This is an extremely expensive electronic ... and buying from this seller, you're taking a chance of getting stuck with a paperweight! When the product worked, it was wonderful. Functional, fast ... it was what i expected when i made my purchase. What i didn't expect was to be told they won't do anything to help me after 30 days, which is nowhere to be found on the product page regarding this atrocious warranty. Because it's a laptop/tablet, the many components inside are basically one and the same (CPU/GPU all part of the motherboard ... if one thing goes wrong, you're replacing EVERYTHING), so a little problem that would be an inexpensive fix on another device makes this thing broken beyond repair! BUY FROM THE MANUFACTURER, not these clowns! I bought a laptop ... but now i've got to find another use for it since it's broken and the seller refuses ANY HELP after 30 days. The seller won't even help with the necessary information to try to contact the manufacturer themselves about the issue. So i guess this is just the most expensive frisbee on the planet, since now i have to toss it right in the trash! Decent product from a GARBAGE seller. Just cross your fingers you don't have any issues with it! *** BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE! ***
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 6:40 PM PDT

GAR343 KLEAN-STRIP Aircraft Paint Stripper 1 Gallon
GAR343 KLEAN-STRIP Aircraft Paint Stripper 1 Gallon
Offered by Auto Body Toolmart
Price: $40.66
3 used & new from $40.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stripper, April 3, 2014
Gets the job done. You really need this stuff if you're stripping paint from your plane. Good quality and works fast.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $99.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately it just doesn't cut it., April 3, 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
I am a real owner of the Fire TV, and also the Roku 3, Apple TV and G-Box MX2 by Matricom. I've been anticipating the fire tv since I first heard about it and really wanted to love this box. Unfortunately it just misses the mark on every ground that I expected it would excel. First of all, it took about an hour to get the device to boot all the way in. It had to download a few updates then forces you to watch a long video. If you try to bypass the video it just restarts. Finally after waiting for the video to finish I got in. The user interface is ugly, but clean. Surprisiginly being so simple the interface still gets laggy when moving quickly through the menus.

First thing I noticed is the wifi is weaker than my other streaming boxes (Roku/ATV/MX2). I couldnt even use it in the bedroom I wanted to replace my Roku 3 in because it wouldnt stream from that far. The Roku of course streams fine from this room. I had to move it to the living room instead.

This thing is just plain exasperating to use. If you want to watch a Prime movie or video, no problem - pretty much everything else is just too much for the box's processing power. Playing games on this thing will make you pull your hair out from all the jittery laggy moments when everything just freezes for a split second. For games like Minecraft, this box is fine but for action games like Asphalt 8 and Sev Zero - the lack of power this box has really shows. Furthermore this is the 600 series Snapdragon processor. It's rather a joke by today's standards. It will NEVER do 2K or 4K video decoding. Something "this revolutionary" should at LEAST have hardware capable of TVs being sold on the market today.

The voice recognition is the worst I have ever experienced. Not only does it take approximately 10 seconds for the box to "think" about what you said, half of the time it doesn't come close to getting it right. This feature is more annoying than it is useful.

I installed the latest XBMC Gotham using ADB. The video playback is choppy and erratic for any HD content. Although it plays standard definition content without a problem this player can't be taken seriously for XBMC with choppy / erratic HD playback. Since I didn't expect XBMC to work properly anyways I didn't judge my review based on this point.

Like many complained already, there's no HBOGo. For me it's not a deal breaker, however the lack of support for local media playback, no 4K video decoding, DLNA issues, VERY limited media file format compatibility, VERY laggy/stuttering game playback is just a few of the reasons I'm going to return this thing. Maybe it will get better in the future, but after my day's run with this thing it feels like it was rushed to market and still needs some refining.

The best thing I see useful with this box is Amazon Prime, but overall I feel like this box is just another way for Amazon to get more subscribers to Prime. Without Prime this box wouldn't be nearly as useful.

Overall I am not impressed at all. I prefer my G-Box over all of my streaming devices, but the Fire TV is going back home to Amazon.
Comment Comments (32) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2014 8:09 AM PDT

Seismic Audio - 18" Subwoofer PA DJ PRO Audio Band Speaker New Sub - Chest Thumping Bass
Price: $324.56
2 used & new from $314.99

2.0 out of 5 stars For the price, not worth it. Similar performance to generic brand 18" subs @ half price., March 26, 2014
We bought 4 of these for our event to replace four generic ($149/pc on ebay) 18" subs that we didn't feel like was quite enough oomph for this particular party. We ran these four through our iNuke 6000w rackmount, parallel on each channel through a 2-way stereo crossover to ensure only the low frequencies made it to the amp for these subs. Having plenty of experience with pro audio setups we already knew that the entire setup is budget, however this amp combined with only two JBL subs pushes literally double the bass that all four of these do. In fact, there was virtually no difference beteween these subs and the cheap-o's that were bought on eBay, other than the fact that these have Speakon connectors and the ones we replaced didn't. Sound quality-wise, should have just stuck with the cheapies.

If you want true "Chest thumping bass", then you're going to have to go with serious Pro equipment. If you're gonna spend money on cheap stuff like these Seismic's, then just go with the very cheap generic stuff like [...] . Its basically the same quality, after all.

Also, I'd like to point out that most of the reviews for this sub on Amazon seem to be fake. Only two of them are from verified purchasers. BUYER BEWARE.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2014 6:18 PM PDT

Odyssey FZF5437T Flight Zone 54 Wide, 37 High Foldout Combo Dj Table
Odyssey FZF5437T Flight Zone 54 Wide, 37 High Foldout Combo Dj Table
Price: $219.99
3 used & new from $219.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright., February 27, 2014
Does the job. The edges bend down a bit from the weight of the equipment. It came looking a little beat up already, but since it's going to get scratches and dings on it from regular usage I didnt consider it in the score. I recommend it but only for light duty.

Keedox® Dual Core Android 4.2 Smart TV Box XBMC Media Player 1080P WIFI HDMI XBMC Netflix YOUTUBE Skype QQ
Offered by Keedox
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $55.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not good for XBMC., January 23, 2014
Bought one of these on Aliexpress. This box has some decent Android features, is about half as fast as the G-Box MX2 which is actually saying something about this since most other boxes out there dont come close to the speed of the MX2. If you're looking for a chromecast type device with some extra features this isnt a bad choice, however they market this box as XBMC 1080P, which is a pure lie.

XBMC is a no go. Every 1080 video I tried on this box stuttered and went out of sync, rendering it completely unwatchable. I tried several builds of XBMC and none of them work quite right. This is an experimental device and because of that I ONLY recommend it for advanced users that want to use it for Android specific tasks. If is not a consumer friendly product.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2014 12:25 AM PDT

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15T-J000 Quad Edition 15" i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz 8GB 1TB nVIDIA 2GB 740M FullHD Touch W8
Offered by LGI Electronics
Price: $1,999.95
2 used & new from $1,999.95

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK.... but the screen resolution isn't the best., January 8, 2014
Maybe I'm spoiled but the screen on this laptop is just not very good. Bad viewing angles ruin the whole experience for me. It is however very fast so if you don't care about the low quality screen then you're good to go!

Head Strap Mount - compatible with GoPro® HERO® cameras
Head Strap Mount - compatible with GoPro® HERO® cameras
Offered by The Accessory Pro
Price: $8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hero 3 accessory!, January 8, 2014
You gotta have this if you have a Hero and want to get the action from your head. Fits snug and the recording results were better than I expected. Seems pretty sturdy as far as contruction goes as well.

GE 22666 Ultra ProGrade Audio Cable (12 Feet) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
GE 22666 Ultra ProGrade Audio Cable (12 Feet) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cable - fantastic price!, January 8, 2014
This is really a sturdy constructed RCA cable.. for the price it's almost too good to be true. Using it for my DJ setup and I highly recommend it!

The Little Black Box V1.1 Pure XBMC Media Streamer
The Little Black Box V1.1 Pure XBMC Media Streamer

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated hardware but may have potential in the future!, January 8, 2014
Its not a replacement for my MX2 boxes because it doesnt run android. for xbmc this box is just OK because the box specs are outdated. Its based on the old g-box midnight original signle core processor. Its not terrible but since there is a dual core g-box I feel kinda ripped off that i paid $130 for a box with this old hardware! My old g-box does linux and xbmc just fine and it sells for $70 nowadays. But the original g-box just like this box is too slow to todays standards!

Now the xbmc they have on this box is pretty sleek. It comes with a different than the default skin and it looks nicer than the default. It crashes here and there but this is still a new and beta product and thats expected. I had higher expectations based on what people are saying online about it. its slow and limited and runs only xbmc with no options to run anything else. my old appletv does more. I give it two stars because for the price this little black box is NOT a good value. Ill keep it and see if they do any miracles on this in the future then update my review accordingly.

Also this product has bad reviews on another listing. I would suspect that the reviews on this listing are biased considering the poor reviews on this other listing:

The Little Black Box Streaming