Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq St Lucia  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 75

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Massachusetts)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Spectre
Spectre
DVD
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Craig is Bond., February 3, 2016
This review is from: Spectre (Amazon Video)
As a Bond fan since the 60's I thoroughly enjoyed it. Daniel Craig is Bond.

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge/ S6 Edge+/ Note 5 Wireless Charger,Ionic Wireless Charger Kit [Wall USB + Micro 2.0 cable + wireless charging pad] for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge/ S6 Edge+/ Note 5 (Black)
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp.
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $9.99

3 Piece Set - (1) 9 x 12 & (2) 4 x 15 Canvas Cotton 10 Oz. Drop Cloth
3 Piece Set - (1) 9 x 12 & (2) 4 x 15 Canvas Cotton 10 Oz. Drop Cloth
Offered by Chicago Canvas & Supply
Price: $54.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Drop Cloths, August 10, 2015
Nice heavy duty drop cloths, I love the 5' wide runners!

Tab 4 10.1 Case, JETech® Gold Slim-Fit Smart Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (10 Inch) Tablet PC with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature (Purple)
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for the $$$, May 20, 2015
It fits well, does the job, good value for the $$$!

Parkzone Night Vapor RTF Plane
Parkzone Night Vapor RTF Plane
Offered by Rapid Warehousing
Price: $122.10
6 used & new from $120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Flying RC Planes is a COMMITMENT!, April 9, 2015
I purchased this plane a few years ago, and have since purchased at least a dozen larger, more advanced airplanes. Still I enjoy flying my Night Vapor. It's one of the few planes that is slow enough to fly in my yard, and I LOVE flying it at night or at sunset, when the wind is calm. Even with a 3-5 mph wind, I can point it into the wind and fly it side to side across the sky like a kite. It’s very enjoyable and relaxing. More importantly I can land it on its gear on my small 15’ patio!

As far as the reviews that say it’s too fragile, this hobby is probably not for you!!! The misconception is that this is a toy. IT IS NOT A TOY! It is a precision flying machine. Of course it’s fragile, but I have had it break only twice in 3 years, both times because I picked it up roughly!!! It does not have the weight or mass to cause damage in most crashes. I've accidentally landed in my swimming pool 3 times!! I fished the Vapor out of the water carefully (it does sink slowly, with the lights still flashing!), then blew off the electronics with compressed air and left it to dry in the sun for an hour, and was flying again.
I can honestly say that I have made fewer repairs to this plane than any other I've owned. The electronics and control mechanism is just an amazing feat of engineering.
This is simply a terrific starter airplane that can be used for years!

NOTE: Flying RC airplanes is a hobby that requires money, patience, practice, and even study/research. Also you will most likely need small tools and a wearable head magnifier.
If you think you’re going to buy this, immediately fly it without any crashes or repairs, you are delusional. LOL.
P.S. Horizon has a reputation for some of the highest prices in the hobby. While this can be true, I can say that I've purchased at least 7 of their products, some very complex with a price of $400+. The quality of their products is the best in the hobby and the parts availability is second to none. Their support folks have been terrific when I needed their help.
They get a lot of their products from China, but they insist on strict quality controls, while most other dealers buy their products from China sight unseen, and parts availability and support can be almost non-existent! Yes they’re MUCH less expensive, but you better be ready to make repairs and modifications right out of the box. Believe me, I've been there! Just part of the hobby!
GOOD LUCK and ENJOY!

Delta Faucet RP1001 Soap/Lotion Dispenser, Chrome
Delta Faucet RP1001 Soap/Lotion Dispenser, Chrome
Price: $26.54
44 used & new from $15.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but it works well, March 12, 2015
This is the third soap dispenser that I've purchased for the same sink in the last 2 years. It is by far the best working one. Nothin special to look at, but it works great!

Dr. John Teaches New Orleans Piano - Volume 1
Dr. John Teaches New Orleans Piano - Volume 1
by Mac (Dr. John) Rebennack
Price: $19.95
32 used & new from $9.60

4.0 out of 5 stars He's not a piano teacher, but he is DR JOHN!, March 12, 2015
Music and music instruction tends to be a very subjective subject, as reflected by the reviews of this and many other instructional piano books and CDs. I have to say, it aggravates me to no end when people completely trash a music product with a one star review, which then leads to people avoiding the product completely.
I concede that these large companies can be lazy and do release some less than stellar products, but unless the product is a complete shambles, there are plenty of players out there that will get more than their money's worth out of it.
Case in point, this series of Dr. John books. I almost didn't buy it after reading the scathing one star review by "on the banana peel" While most of what he says in the review is absolutely correct, after spending an hour with the book I feel that I've got my money's worth. Heck, in the past I've paid $30 for some a-hole to sit beside me and show me how to play Yankee friggin Doodle for 30 minutes!! Half that cost to basically have DR JOHN show you a few bass lines and riffs, while explaining a few things about his playing is PRICELESS!. Yes, it could have been structured better, the transcriptions could be far more accurate, and he does tend to ramble. But it's DR JOHN!!! He isn't a friggin instructor¦..he's DR. JOHN!
If you like DR John, if you like his music, and are willing to be patient, you will enjoy it. Hell, I enjoy just listening to the audio in my car!
And to "on the banana peel"¯; no disrespect meant. I agree with most of your comments, but a had to chuckle when you went on to say you called both publishers to complain. Man, you don't mess around! My guess is that if they went through the trouble of transcribing everything he played on the cd/dvd perfectly, this set would have to be priced much higher.
Let me end by saying, if Dr. John sat beside you at a bar, and said I'll talk to you about my playing if you buy me a couple of drinks, my guess is that you'd be callin the bartender! Enjoy

Sauder Computer Desk, Brushed Maple Finish
Sauder Computer Desk, Brushed Maple Finish
Price: $201.98
9 used & new from $197.81

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the desk, December 15, 2014
I love the desk, you can't beat it for the price. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who's desk arrived in good shape. The packaging was superb, but so darn heavy! I had to open the box and make about 6 trips up and down the stairs carrying parts! I only found a few small spots where you could see a mark or small scratch. Sauder should consider including a tiny magic-marker type furniture scratch pen. I had one from a competitors unit, and it worked great to "erase" marks.
I'm handy with tools so I found assembly easy though time consuming. My recommendation - ALWAYS read the instructions completely before starting assembly on any project like this. Then follow the instructions carefully, reading ahead. Read twice = assemble once!!!

Acorn Instruments Masterkey 25 USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
Acorn Instruments Masterkey 25 USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
Offered by AudioDeluxe
Price: $59.95
6 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs!, April 26, 2014
I use this midi controller to record instruments using Mixcraft 6. I also use it to practice keyboard when traveling. I can pack it in my suitcase and I usually travel with my laptop anyway, so it works out well.
I had purchased the Akai Pro LPK 25 but returned it due to a defective port. The Masterkey 25 is less expensive, has almost full size keys (they feel a hair short to me), and works better for my uses. It also has a more sturdy printer-type usb port, a Jack for a sustain pedal and a modulation wheel, all which the Akai did not offer.
Note: another reviewer mentions latency problems. I have no problem with delay, and in my experience it's usually the PC's sound card or incorrect settings that cause latency issues.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2014 10:26 PM PDT

R&B: Keyboard Play-Along Volume 21
R&B: Keyboard Play-Along Volume 21
by Hal Leonard Corp.
Price: $14.99
26 used & new from $6.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the other review scare you away!, February 21, 2014
To think that I put off buying this book/CD set because of the one scathing one-star review, and it turns out that that reviewer was just not paying attention! He claims in his review that there are no lead-in clicks in the songs. Incorrect.
There are 8 songs in the book. The CD has two versions of each song. The first (I'll call it version A) is recorded with piano so that you can hear what it should sound like. The other (version B) is recorded without piano so you can play along.
There are no lead-in clicks on the version A songs! Why would there be?
If you notice the times on the Version B songs vs the version A songs, the B's are 2-6 seconds longer. They either contain lead-in clicks OR a drum flourish to time your entry.

With that off my chest, I love these book/CD sets. I own 7 of them and the only one I'm not crazy about is the Lennon/McCartney one. I just don't like the arrangements. This one is a lot of fun though, some great old R&B songs to practice with! Mess Around is great fun, and Heard it Through the Grapevine in arranged well.
So, go ahead and order it.......you won't be sorry!

I hope I have not insulted the one-star reviewer, I just feel you should be more careful with your reviews. I noticed that you also reviewed another Hal Leonard Play-Along book and you gave it 2 stars because they swapped two song titles! Man, you're tough!
Keep in mind that people will avoid these books because of your reviews, and I think that would be a travesty. I'm a self-taught keyboard player and this book series has helped me tremendously! A typo here and there is not going to turn me away.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8