Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Ellen Jaffe Jones > Reviews

Browse

Ellen Jaffe Jones' Profile

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ellen Jaffe Jones RSS Feed (Anna Maria Island, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Vegan Under Pressure: Top 25 Most Delicious Vegan Recipes Made Quick and Easy in Your Pressure Cooker (DH Kitchen Book 43)

1.0 out of 5 stars Stolen Book Title & Recipes that Went With It!, February 26, 2016
Stolen book title and the recipes that went with the title. Do not Support! Please buy Jill Nussinow's original title with the same name and relish recipes. Thank you!

Birki's Super Birki Clog,Brown,39 M EU (US Women's 8 M / US Men's 6 M)
Birki's Super Birki Clog,Brown,39 M EU (US Women's 8 M / US Men's 6 M)

1.0 out of 5 stars For Women? Not. Fine for Standing. Not Walking., December 30, 2014
This review is from: Birki's Super (Apparel)
A male chef friend recommended these, but when I tried them on, as at least one other said, they're fine for standing but not for walking. The description says these shoes fit both men and women, and a women's size 8. I'd ordered Birkis several times over the years, and a 39 both in this brand and other EU brands had fit just fine.

Usually I wear a US 8 1/2, but these were so big in the toe box, I couldn't keep them on, even with socks. When I contacted the seller, I got an e-mail saying I could return them at my cost, with insurance to Germany. That would, as you might imagine, from the US, almost negate the price of the shoe.

I contacted Amazon and their response was, "Contact the seller."

I don't generally order shoes online...lesson learned.

The 30-Minute Vegan: Soup's On!: More than 100 Quick and Easy Recipes for Every Season
by Mark Reinfeld
Price: $14.08
70 used & new from $3.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 29, 2014
Love the variety of delicious recipes!

Height-Adjustable Standing Desk - VARIDESK Pro Plus 30
Height-Adjustable Standing Desk - VARIDESK Pro Plus 30
Offered by VARIDESK
Price: $375.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought this decades ago!!!!, December 29, 2014
Great, great device. Love that you don't need to plug it in...just squeeze the sides and it easily pops up. The reason I didn't do it when my PT for my back suggested it about a year ago, was 1)price and 2)my dh had designed a series of stacking wood platforms that worked pretty well, though it got increasingly harder to keep lifting my heavy iMac on and off the platforms. Not to mention the desktop reorganizing each time I'd take it on and off the platforms. The only thing for you to consider is how far back from the sccreen you want to be and if that keyboard extension is necessary. It can be removed by unscrewing if it isn't needed. Some reviews mention wobbling...yeah, maybe a little at the highest elevation. ;) But not nearly as much as my dh contraption did. I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but even he said when I got this operating, "Neat!" My back is SO grateful.

Dickies Footwear ZIGZAG Women's Injected Clog With Backstrap Wine Chrome 9 US
Dickies Footwear ZIGZAG Women's Injected Clog With Backstrap Wine Chrome 9 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by Nurses. I See Why!, December 19, 2014
My dh was hospitalized for a month and I did lots of pacing. ;) He's better now, but the nurses turned me on to Dickies. Love that you can use your own insert and it is just the most comfy clog I've ever had. I had bought many other brands from Amazon in the past to deal with standing as a chef all day for my cooking classes, and they were all too big in the back or the front, or both. These were made with a woman's foot in mind, I do believe.

Fagor Splendid 4-Quart Pressure Cooker
Fagor Splendid 4-Quart Pressure Cooker
Price: $53.99
27 used & new from $41.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 19, 2014
Love simplicity. Works great!

Secura 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold
Secura 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold
Price: $59.99
21 used & new from $48.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Developed Loud Screeching Noise at Start-up, December 19, 2014
I liked this at first, and I rarely return electronics. I've owned it for 11 months and a couple of months ago, it started developing a noticeably louder fan or motor noise when I first turned it on. I have two of these, but the second, purchased later, is the same manufacturer and a different model. It doesn't do this. The noise is so loud that I expect that it will stop working shortly.

Amazon's return policy is 30 days, with more leeway for items purchased this time of year. So if you have issues, act sooner rather than later.

Killer Clothes
Killer Clothes
by Anna Maria Clement
Price: $13.85
64 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, accurate book! Paranoid? Nope. My hubby was wrapped like a mummy from this very problem., August 13, 2014
This review is from: Killer Clothes (Paperback)
After years of being misdiagnosed with cancer, being on prednisone, and finally being sent to the Mayo Clinic and wrapped up like a mummy with steroid creams, my husband was diagnosed with severe contact dermatitis. His dermatologist had long been saying it was the clothes and textiles. We've spent thousands changing furniture, clothing and bedding, and it finally seems to be helping. We both read Killer Clothes cover to cover yesterday and were blown away how similar what was in the book was identical to what the dermatologist had told us...but with way more research and resources.

As a runner, I shudder to think what toxins have entered into open pores from all the moisture-wicking chemically treated clothing most runners today wear. Paranoia? If you saw the photo of my hubby wrapped like a mummy with only his eyes, nostrils and mouth visible, you would know this is a real, huge problem and will only be getting worse the more we disconnect from natural fibers.

His misery, which felt like death by itching, was so bad, that he was willing to do/try anything to get rid of it. After watching him suffer, I for one, know I will do everything I can to avoid being in his predicament. For him, it was most likely the cotton/polyester shirts he wore for years, and treating them in the wash to remove formaldehyde that didn't work, that was the main culprit.

Thanks, Dr. Clement for bringing this issue to the forefront!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2015 7:04 AM PDT

ProPeaz (product of FrozenPeaz) Reusable Heat/Ice Wrap - Large Single w/2 Packs (Shin, Arm, Cramps)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peazy!, July 20, 2014
Does the trick on those running muscles/joints...without soaking clothes and getting mushy, like real peas. ;)

Its Easy to Start Eating Vegan! YUMMY PLANTS 101
Its Easy to Start Eating Vegan! YUMMY PLANTS 101
by Rebecca Gilbert
36 used & new from $2.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Stress no more. Eating vegan? Piece o' carrot cake!, July 20, 2014
Rebecca's website Yummy Plants has long been a go-to standard for delicious, helpful recipes. She thoughtfully posted tons of recipes from other authors. It was only a matter of time before she put it all together for her own book. As you would expect from her mouthwatering website, her book is equally easy and fun. If you've thought going vegan was complicated, stress no more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5