Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for R. Brooks > Reviews

Browse

R. Brooks' Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Brooks RSS Feed (Florida, US)

Page: 1 | 2
Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape,  1.88 Inches x 54.6 Yards, 3 Rolls of Tape with Free SB-200 Dispenser (3850-3-FPD)
Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inches x 54.6 Yards, 3 Rolls of Tape with Free SB-200 Dispenser (3850-3-FPD)

2.0 out of 5 stars on second thought, February 24, 2012
Tape is heavy duty and the dispenser works better than most I have used. I use it for closing storage boxes and it has worked well.

Pros: The blade is sharp and cuts easily. Roller tension is adjustable.

Cons: I did find that the tape does tend to get stuck on the little metal tab near the roller. I believe this is meant to keep the tape end exposed, but after a short period of non-use the tape sticks and can be an inconvenience.

Note: There is no metal piece to remove as mentioned in another review. When looking at the dispenser while not in use the blade sits on top of a small metal plate. The plate is attached to the little flapper piece (I have no idea what it is called) on the top. When used the flapper gets pushed back and in turn exposes the cutting blade.

Overall I am very satisfied with this tape/dispenser combo.

Update:
After using the dispenser for a while I have to agree with the negative reviews. It is horrible and I recant all good I had to say about it. It worked well for large boxes, but a pain to use on smaller items (< 12"). The tape getting stuck on the little metal tab has proven to be more than just an mild inconvenience as well. I often end up getting the tape stuck to itself when attempting to free the stuck tape. I highly recommend the tape, but not the dispenser.

Bissell Brushroll with Pivot Arms 1699 7901 7920 8905 8910
Bissell Brushroll with Pivot Arms 1699 7901 7920 8905 8910
Offered by Merchandise Mecca
Price: $14.91
9 used & new from $13.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, February 24, 2012
This item installed quickly and easily on my Bissell Proheat. Exact fit. Appears to be OEM, but I did not think to verify before I threw the bag away. I only needed one of the plastic ends, but found this and figured, for the price, I could not go wrong replacing the whole assembly. Glad I did, the machine works like new again. (purchased from Crucial Vacuum Inc)

iGo Universal Car Charger for use with iGO Power Tips (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by TuckerKitts
Price: $5.14
26 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, works well, November 14, 2011
** Please be aware this charger is useless without a tip (sold separately) for your device **

I really like the charger/tip concept. My family has 3 phones which would all require a different standard charger. Having 1 charger and 3 tips is much neater and really cuts down on the cord mess in the car. The cord has a clip that holds 2 additional tips when not in use. Cord is an ideal length and springs back neatly and fully. No droopy coils like I have had with other chargers.

Roadpro 12V, 2 Outlet Platinum Series Fused Cigarette Lighter Adapter with Short Cord
Offered by Legend M
Price: $7.43
12 used & new from $7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, November 14, 2011
This adapter is good quality at a reasonable price. The covers keep the outlets clean. Fuse is a plus I did not find on many models sold at the local megamarts.

Educational Insights Remarkable White Board Erasers (1045)
Educational Insights Remarkable White Board Erasers (1045)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, works well, November 14, 2011
I like these little erasers a lot. I use them for a small refrigerator white board and a medium size calendar white board. I have not had any issues with the erasers sliding. I find them the perfect size for a smaller boards. The little magnets are handy as well.

Panasonic KX-TG9333T DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
Panasonic KX-TG9333T DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
17 used & new from $35.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned to Amazon, April 22, 2009
I bought this phone to replace an inexpensive 5.8GHz Uniden. Maybe my expectations were too high based on all the 5 star reviews. I found the phone's performance disappointing and returned the phone to amazon.

Likes:
Size/Weight of handsets
Uses AAA batteries
Nighttime mode

Dislikes:
Phone often lost connection with base. This typically occurred as I attempted to answer a call resulting in me running to another room for another handset.

Fairly short battery life. Even with the phones on charge every night I frequently had to recharge the phone during the day.

Some static on line when used outside of the room containing the base unit. This was mild and I would have kept the phone if this was the only issue.

SanDisk SDSDH-1024-901 1 GB Ultra II Secure Digital Memory Card (Retail Package)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, August 1, 2006
I bought one for my Nikon D50 and have had no problems at all. I am so happy with it I just ordered another for my wife's Canon A620.

Bullfrog Kids Uv Defender Spray SPF 40, 4.7 Ounce
Bullfrog Kids Uv Defender Spray SPF 40, 4.7 Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is the best, June 13, 2005
I really like this sunscreen. I had always heard good things about Bull Frog products, but figured it was marketing hype. I saw this product at the local Publix with a coupon attached and decided to give it a try. I am glad I did. I can not tolerate the greasy/slimy feeling of many other sunscreens and as I result I often find myself going without. This stuff goes on easy and sinks in quickly. You still know something is on your skin, but it is 100% better than anything else I have used in the past. Also since it takes so little time to apply it makes it easy to get kids to apply sunscreen.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars $.01 + $5.45 = 5.46 for a $1 bracelet, May 16, 2005
Please be aware of the total cost of this item. They list the price as 1 cent, but charge $3.50 per shipment plus $1.95 per item shipping. Making the true cost of the bracet $5.46.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to clean / great warranty, April 19, 2005
I purchased this juicer on clearance at Sams club a couple years ago for less than $25. For the price I paid you can not go wrong with this unit. I am not sure if I would pay $100 for it, so I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5.

I do not use the juicer as often as I'd like, but I have had no problems with it. The case & all is very sturdy. I was surprised when I lifted the box at just how heavy the unit is. It is built to last. It also has a 7 year warranty which can't be beat.

The juicer is also easy to clean. Yes, it is more difficult than throwing out an empty coke can, but very easy for a juicer.

Page: 1 | 2