Profile for Happy Camper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Happy Camper "Duke" RSS Feed (Virginia, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX 4 GB Flash Memory Card with USB Reader MSHX4G
Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX 4 GB Flash Memory Card with USB Reader MSHX4G

4.0 out of 5 stars Does What I Wanted, July 14, 2009
I have a new W-270 Sony camera and wanted a Memory stick to capture photos. I decided to buy this product because I also received a USB adapter for the Memory Stick. I wanted to be able to plug the adapter into a USB port on my computer and capture the photos I had taken in JPG format. With this adapter I can do this, and that is what I wanted.

Crucible of Empire: The Spanish American War
Crucible of Empire: The Spanish American War
DVD ~ .
Price: $12.49
36 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Spanish American War, March 22, 2009
Good coverage of that war. I was surprised at how deeply we were involved in the conquest of the Phillipines.

Pursuit of Honor - The Rise of George Washington
Pursuit of Honor - The Rise of George Washington
DVD ~ Bryan Cunning
Price: $19.95
8 used & new from $8.84

4.0 out of 5 stars George Washington's Pursuit of Honor, February 10, 2009
This in an excellent DVD that consists primarily of several reputable historians views of the background of George Washington that led to his acceptance of the awesome responsibility as Commander-in-Chief of the fledgeling American army. The views expressed by the historians cover the period from Washington's initial engagement in the French and Indian Was to his assumption of command of the American Army. Throughout this period Washington was engaged in honing his own image as a gentleman with impecable honor, and the code he lived by reflected that.

I gave this DVD four rather than five stars because I was disappointed it did not cover the period of his youth and formative years, and the influence of that period and his home life that was the background for his character. This is an excellent DVD for all interested in the life of the Father of our Great Nation.

Ben Franklin (History Channel)
Ben Franklin (History Channel)
DVD ~ Charley Carfrey
22 used & new from $22.70

5.0 out of 5 stars BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, February 8, 2009
Ben Franklin was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. I needed to know more about him and a good DVD is the easiest way, preferable for me to reading a book. Oh, I knew all the stuff we learn in school, about how he flew a kite in a thunderstorm and discovered lightning was electricity, how he invented the lightning rod, and how he wrote Poor Richard's Almanac, and the fact that he arranged for France to support the American Revolution. But I wanted more, and this DVD gave it to me.

I learned how he had been expiramenting with electricity long before he flew the kite, and how he had developed a theory of electricity. As part of that he discovered the single fluid theory of electricity flow, from positive to negative. His invention of the lightening rod has allowed the construction of tall buildings, because it precluded concerns for the devastating power of lightening strikes on them. It can be theorized that we would not have tall buildings today if not for the lightening rod.

I have learned much about Ben Franklin from this DVD that was very surprising to me, such as his charting of the current in the Atlantic which we now know as the Gulf Stream, his involvement in the creation of the first lending library, and his first use of a system of franchise operations for print shops along the Eastern seaboard for a portion of the profits.

This is an excellent DVD and I cannot say enough good things about it. I encourage all to use this DVD for a review of the Life of Benjamin Franklin.

HP 35A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge
HP 35A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge
Offered by PCNPRINT
Price: $45.12
75 used & new from $45.12

5.0 out of 5 stars What I Expected, February 7, 2009
As expected, this HP replacement toner cartridge works well, with no problems. I purchased this through Amazon because it was cheaper than other sources, and I was not disappointed. I could have bought an off-brand substitute cartridge cheaper, but one never knows about how well it will work. Go with the original.

TurboTax Deluxe Federal + eFile 2008 [OLD VERSION]
TurboTax Deluxe Federal + eFile 2008 [OLD VERSION]
Offered by Galactics
Price: $6.93
26 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Turbo Tax, January 7, 2009
I bought this product to do my 2008 Federal Income Tax, and haven't loaded it to my computer yet. I have been using Turbo Tax for about five years, and have found it to be the easiest way to complete my taxes. I highly recommend Turbo Tax for completing the Federal return.

VTech Kidizoom Plus Digital Camera - Pink
VTech Kidizoom Plus Digital Camera - Pink
Offered by Creativsoul Media
Price: $188.00
5 used & new from $26.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Kidee Camera, January 7, 2009
I bought two of these as Christmas gifts for my twin great grand daughters who turned five last fall. They use all the capabilities built into the camera, and seem to enjoy every minute of it. This is the best gift I could have gotten for them as they have continued to play with it regularly. These children have all the latest toys, and to break into their play time with this camera means it really hits the spot. They seem also to be about the correct age for this toy, as they fully understand all its capabilities, and use them.

The History Channel Presents Sherman's March
The History Channel Presents Sherman's March
DVD ~ Bill Oberst Jr.
19 used & new from $24.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Sherman's March, January 7, 2009
This is a very good depiction of the impact Sherman's March from Atlanta to Savannah and onward to Columbia had on the overall winning of the Civil War by the Union. There is no doubt that Sherman's strategy caused the Southern States to give up their fight for autonomy and separation from the Union. This DVD is highly recommended as it completes the overall picture of the Civil War and clarifies some potential misconceptions about Sherman's March. Buy It.

Dr. Nieca Goldberg's Complete Guide to Women's Health
Dr. Nieca Goldberg's Complete Guide to Women's Health
by Nieca Goldberg
95 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Value, November 30, 2008
This is not a review as I ordered this book for my wife to give as a gift. We bought from Amazon because of the outstanding price as compared to Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Books a Million, even with their memberships.

We Were Soldiers (Widescreen Edition)
We Were Soldiers (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Mel Gibson
Offered by Clyde Parks
Price: $8.58
470 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Movie, November 30, 2008
I ordered this DVD based on the praise in the reviews, because I wanted a DVD that showed how the the war in Vietnam with the North actually was. I was not disappointed. Mel Gibson, who played the part of Lt. Col Hal Moore did an excellent job. And the Producers, and the Director, Randall Wallace, produced and directed an outstanding movie. They did an excellent job of depicting the scenes as they actually happened, or as close as possible. And the inclusion of the Wives and Families was a brilliant addition. These Ladies need all the recognition they can get---they are too often neglected in movies and especially in real life.

Page: 1 | 2