Profile for B. Dunn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Dunn RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
MSI Computer GT70 DOMINATOR-2293;9S7-1763A2-2293 17.3-Inch Laptop
MSI Computer GT70 DOMINATOR-2293;9S7-1763A2-2293 17.3-Inch Laptop
Offered by XOTIC PC
Price: $1,499.00
24 used & new from $1,439.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop if you don't mind the Bulk and weight, December 22, 2014
I love this laptop with the Nvidia Geforce GTX 970m GPU. I bought the same laptop but with the 870M but decided i should spend the extra $300 and get the 970M for a bit of future proofing my purchase. I figure this laptop should easily last 3-5 years playing most games at a respectable Framerate at least around mid level graphics. 8GB of RAM is fine for gaming and if I need more I can always crack this open ( Void Warranty I think) and add up to 32GB of RAM ( Add 24GB more). The 7200RPM HDD is fast enough for me and don't mind the load times and rather have the ample storage and warranty for now to not bother opening it and inserting a SSD myself.

The Screen is a Matte TN screen but has really good viewing angles and where it tampers off it is impracticable to use a laptop anyways or any screen since that is how you would never normally use it. The colors is vibrant. I absolutely love the keyboard and the customization and that it has a Num lock which is one of the few reasons why I chose this over the ASUS ROG G751 laptop for the same price and specs besides the IPS Display and 16GB of RAM.

The only slight con I have is this is Bulky but that is what you sacrifice for the power you get which is understandable and while I would love an ultrabook or a Macbook Pro chassis with these specs the power is more important for gaming.

ASUS X X550JK-DH71 15.6-Inch Laptop (Dark Grey)
ASUS X X550JK-DH71 15.6-Inch Laptop (Dark Grey)
Price: $829.00
31 used & new from $829.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop for the price, December 5, 2014
I had a 17 inch HP Laptop with a resolution of 1400x900 and an AMD A6 APU with 4GB of Ram and it ran Wow , Sims 4 and some older games fine with low settings and for the most part was ok. I was looking for more but under $1,000 and after reading reviews of laptops and googling the GPU's I find this the best value imo if your more into gaming but for video processing and etc maybe the Nividia 840M could be good and saw a HP 17 inch screen with 12GB of Ram and the Nividia 840m gpu. I noticed the ASUS laptop on amazon with the Touchscreen with the same model number as this but for $970 currently and this was $850 or so when I bought this and didn't care about the touchscreen so got this instead and had the same model number as this but with a T so i gave this a shot. The Screen is much more vivid then my old laptop but the only thing i dislike is the smaller screen but I will get used to it. Ran wow fine at ultra setting around 50 FPS where my old laptop ran wow around 20-25 FPS on Fair Settings i think ( Step above poor).

The one thing I might dislike about this laptop is the Keyboard which feels a tad worse then my HP laptop before. For the price I paid for this laptop I think this is a fantastic laptop. One other thing that might bug me is I read 4GB of the RAM is soldered onto the motherboard or whatever ( Sorry not that knowledgeable about this but this is from what i researched) so you get a maximum of 12GB of Ram with this laptop vs the Touchscreen one which has 1 8GB stick

Edit: December 8th 2014
I decided to return it because I found the keyboard to be quite annoying where it wouldn't register every key press and wanted a bigger screen anyways so decided to buy a MSI GT Series GT70 Dominator-895 which has the nividia 870m 17 inch screen and only for $1,199.99. this could very well be a defect so won't knock down the score

Edit: December 9th 2014
I have my New MSI GT70 and after using it also having a TN screen has much better Viewing angles then the ASUS X X550JK but I find the color to be on par with each other. So going to knock the score down to 3 for the poor viewing angles but if your looking straight at it doesn't really matter
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2014 8:40 AM PST

Anker® 10ft Micro USB to USB Cable. High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sprint, Nokia, LG, HP, Sony, Blackberry and many more (Black) (Black-10ft)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 2, 2014
Bought it because I needed a 10 feet cable to charge my ps4 controller and this works perfectly .

Anker® Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch [2-pack] - Xtreme Scratch Defender High Defintion (HD) High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good if you like Screen protectors, October 3, 2014
I am Reviewing this for Anker. I generally dislike Screen protectors because they affect Screen quality and I never get it right but for the Price this is a great product. You get 2 of them along with a sticker to clean the screen to take dust off. Really easy to install and protects all of the screen and easy to take off. These work just as good and if not better then Zagg's or other name brands for less money. This also looks great on the screen and while it effects screen quality you can barely notice it on the screen. For somebody that is scared to scratch the screen, the price of it and the Screen quality is really good considering this is a plastic screen protector.

AmazonBasics  Carrying Case for Nintendo 3DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL - Red (Officially Licensed by Nintendo)
AmazonBasics Carrying Case for Nintendo 3DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL - Red (Officially Licensed by Nintendo)
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for holding the 3DS XL, April 20, 2014
I got this because it was cheap and it does it's job well. great to hold the 3DS XL and it doesn't move inside at all under the straps. The only negative i could find is that it only hold 3 games but for the price not a big deal.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Wireless Charging Battery Cover -White
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Wireless Charging Battery Cover -White
Offered by Ross Cellular
Price: $18.49
17 used & new from $7.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for what it does., April 20, 2014
I personally think they should of just added this onto the device shipped but given that it isn't the back cover works perfectly. I have the TYLT Vu wireless charger and just place it onto it and it charges my phone longer then the cable that came with my note 3 ( The USB 3.0 cable and included charger) but isn't an issue if you charge your phone overnight.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return
Price: $5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, April 20, 2014
Got this for my Xbox 360 since i recently got a TV with 3 HDMI inputs and the other 2 go to my Xbox one and ps4 and it works great just like the more expensive ones.

Bose Freestyle Earbuds, Ice Blue
Bose Freestyle Earbuds, Ice Blue
Price: $129.95
18 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight , good sound quality, April 20, 2014
I just want to state that at the $130 price point and looking just at Sound quality I don't think these are worth $130 since in my opinion I can find better sounding ones at the $130 price point. These don't sound bad but I think there can be better in the sound quality department.( I would say i would pay $70-80 for these)

All that being said I love these headphones because these aren't in ear headphones and are very light weight. With these on i almost forget i have something in my ears. These also don't come out of my ears since they have the StayHear tips which is great for going to the gym or running.
PROS:
+Comfortable
+Light weight
+Decent Sound quality
+Doesn't fall out at all
+Outstanding customer service

CONS:
-Could have a little more bass emphasis but not still not bad.

Personally taking all the factors of good build quality from what I have seen, outstanding customer service, Stayhear tips, and Decent Sound quality and that easily makes it worth the $130 for these earbuds.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 9:28 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for the price, February 24, 2014
I Got this TV for $438 since I have Amazon prime and for the price the value of the TV is great for a 42 inch TV. Is there much better TV screens then this that you can find? Probably so but for below $450 dollars this is a great TV. I find the picture sharp and the colors not washed out and the blacks are black. Since this is a Smart TV it comes with the usual array of apps ranging from Amazon instant Video to Vudu and most if not every major streaming app available. What it doesn't have is an internet browser but it isn't a huge deal since I already own plenty of devices that already can like my Tablet, Phone or Laptop. I love that this TV has 3 HDMI ports so I can have my 3 Game consoles all set up without having to change cables every time I want to play one of the other ones ( Xbox 360, xbox one and ps4). The only Con that I can think of is the Remote should of come with a Keyboard but it is a minor issue since I probably wont be inputting much that would need it after I login all the apps that would require me to use a keyboard.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2014 4:28 PM PST

Killzone Shadow Fall - PS4 [Digital Code]
Killzone Shadow Fall - PS4 [Digital Code]
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Killzone Shadow Fall, February 18, 2014
I hated Killzone 1,2 and 3 but I was looking at videos of this game and decided for the price I would try it out ($39.99) and I would of gladly pay $65 for this game ( Taxes included). While the story isn't the greatest I like it and I like the bit more Freedom you get in these large maps. I also love the color pallet they use in this game compared to the older killzone games which I hated.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4