Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Fire Effects Designer > Reviews

Browse

Fire Effects Des...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fire Effects Designer RSS Feed

Roku N1100 HD Media Player (Old Model)
Roku N1100 HD Media Player (Old Model)
5 used & new from $29.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, But Not Great!, June 5, 2010
The unit works quite well, but the installation was a bit of a pain. A couple of phone calls to Roku resolved the issues. The small size control is a plus and a remote with few buttons is a step in the right direction. The Netflix service works like a charm and justifies the purchase of the unit. However, many of the "extra channels" offered by Roku are a complete waste. The movie channels (Drive-in and Midnight Movie) are totally worthless - well, not totally worthless as they both charge a $3.00 fee for their non-service. I have yet to watch more than 3 minutes of any of their offered movies as their server is inadequate for the service. I wish I could collect $3.00/year from many people for providing nothing, and offering no mechanism to complain. Roku should do a better job of screening these extra channels before offering them to the public.

ASUS Eee PC 1000HA 10-Inch Netbook (1.6 GHz Intel ATOM N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, 10 GB E-Storage, XP Home, 6 Cell Battery)
2 used & new from $219.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Net Book for Travel, March 2, 2009
Everything that I expected and a bit more. Great product for travelers who wish to connet to the Internet for E-mail and Skype and do not wish to tote 6 lbs of dead weight - it has everything that is needed built in and it works. I have the same complaint about the location of the Shift Key on the right of the keyboard that others have - not an easy location for a touch typist. I understand that this problem has been resolved in the new Eee 1000HE Netbook that has just been released.

Epson Inkjet Cartridge (Color) (T008201)
Epson Inkjet Cartridge (Color) (T008201)
Offered by WeSellTonersUSA
Price: Click here to see our price
64 used & new from $5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough ink, March 2, 2009
What is there to say about Epson printer ink - it fits and it works in the printer. Would be nice if it had larger tanks so that I would quit purchasing so many.

Epson T007201 Inkjet Cartridge -Black
Epson T007201 Inkjet Cartridge -Black
Price: Click here to see our price
83 used & new from $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars More Ink, March 2, 2009
What is there to say about Epson printer ink - it fits and it works in the printer. Would be nice if it had a larger tank so that I would quit purchasing so many.

Casio EF106D-2AV Stainless Steel Watch
Casio EF106D-2AV Stainless Steel Watch
Price: $29.39
20 used & new from $26.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate watch that is a good value, January 25, 2009
I am pleased with my purchase - Metal band, easy to read dial, good build quality, and has not varied from the time that I first set it to agree with my atomic clock. The band is large enough to encircle the wrist of most big people. I have to wait a decade to determine if the claim of a 10 year battery life is true. A good value for those that only interested in reading the correct time.

HP iPAQ 111 Classic Handheld (FA979AA#ABA) (110 Series)
HP iPAQ 111 Classic Handheld (FA979AA#ABA) (110 Series)
Offered by Games For Less Online
Price: $285.99
18 used & new from $88.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Audio Output, October 24, 2008
I have been using the HP iPAQ rx1955 Pocket PC for almost 3 years and am quite satisfied with it. Unfortunately, one of the multi-purpose buttons no longer works reliably. I purchased the iPAQ 111 Pocket PC as a replacement - newer operating system, more memory, faster processor, WiFi, and buttons that work. The basis features of the units (with the exception of Bluetooth) are comparable. Unfortunately, the audio output (volume level) was unacceptable. In a quiet room, I had to set the volume control to the maximum level to hear audio books. I tried all of the internal adjustments, several different audio book files, and types of headphones. Nothing would solve the problem. As I use the unit for an MP3 player when traveling on airplanes, the low audio output was not sufficient to be heard over the noise of the engines (and seat mates). I returned the unit to Amazon.com without difficulty - full marks to Amazon. I will nurse my rx1955 along until HP (or whoever) manages to market a unit that will meet my needs.

Slumberjack Big Cot
Slumberjack Big Cot
Price: $101.97
6 used & new from $81.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Burning Man Tough, September 14, 2007
This review is from: Slumberjack Big Cot (Sports)
What a great cot - takes me back to my days in the Army. I just returned from a week at Burning Man - solid comfort. As it was quite cool at night, I used two sleeping bags, one to sleep on and a second to sleep under - warm as toast. My son also used it during a recent visit - he endorses it as luxury compaired to sleeping on my tile floor. The first time that I set it up, it was a bit difficult to get the end rails in the proper position. After a couple of days use, the fabric stretched and the assembly was much easier. Definately worth the extra money if you are a big person.

Casio Men's VQ200HDA-1BVCF Atomic Waveceptor Black Dial Watch
Casio Men's VQ200HDA-1BVCF Atomic Waveceptor Black Dial Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Atomic Time Keeping Watch, April 12, 2007
I have been a fan of automatic setting clocks via a radio signal for years. I finally decided to try out one that would fit on my wrist. I have now had the Casio Waveceptor watch for about a month and am quite satisfied with both the performance and the styling. I have just returned from a trip to Europe and verified that the watch was capable of maintaining accurate time setting via the acquisition of the British time signal (their version of the US WWV radio signal). As I went to Europe on a ship, I had to keep setting the time forward an hour every day or so. The necessary adjustments were quite easy. If you are interested in a great value watch that works, is easy to adjust and has a display that is easy to read, I recommend the Casio Waveceptor WVQ-200 as a model to consider.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2008 6:35 AM PST

Toshiba Satellite U205-S5044 12.1" Widescreen Notebook PC (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200, 2048 MB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, DVD SuperMulti Drive)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop for People Who Travel, January 18, 2007
I travel extensively, both domestic and overseas. I use a laptop in the course of doing business - I am a special effects designer. I selected this particular laptop because it had a duel-core fast processor, lots of RAM, WiFi, built in CD/DVD player-burner, a decent size hard disk, screen and keyboard - all in a package that weighed only a bit over 4 lbs. Of course, this is my fourth Toshiba laptop. The last three all were reliable and exceeded my expectations regarding performance.

I have already taken this laptop for a couple of weeks around Europe. It is a great package to carry, small enough to fit in a backpack, and convenient to remove for that airport security trip through the X-ray machine. WiFi worked great when I could find a hotspot.

I would recommend this laptop for anybody who needs a lightweight laptop at the higher end of the performance curve and can justify the price. If you do not require quite as much performance, but like the portability, you can get the same size and weight package for $400 to $500 less in the Toshiba U205-S5034 laptop - seen on sale for $999.00. If you do not wish to pay the premium for the small package and light weight, there are numerous laptops in the $450 to $700 range advertised every weekend.