Profile for momma1010 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

momma1010 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fisher-Price My First Dollhouse
Fisher-Price My First Dollhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, August 2, 2012
My child started with the Fisher Price Happy Sounds Home and we "upgraded" to this house. The newer edition of the Loving Family dollhouse is great but still too old for her and the pieces are too small. This house, including the family and furniture are the perfect size for toddler hands. The house doesn't take up too much space either. This set really promotes pretend play and builds vocabulary. I just wish it came with more pieces because it gets costly adding the furniture to the rooms. I also wish it had a working doorbell, phone, etc. Overall, this is a great toy and one my daughter plays with everyday.

Chicco Toys 4 In 1 Ride On
Chicco Toys 4 In 1 Ride On

2.0 out of 5 stars Find an alternative...., August 2, 2012
This ride on car was a gift for my daughter to give her something fun to play with outdoors. I was hoping for something that I could take her on long walks with and that she could learn to steer and drive one day. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case and I was glad to see from the other reviews, that it wasn't just me having these issues. First, our car did not come with a seatbelt or strap. As my child was 9 months old at the time, I worried about her falling out of it even though she had good balance and control. When she tried to climb out of it, it could easily tip over. Once she grew and could steer this thing, she would turn in circles. The adult handle on the back doesn't help you steer! Instead, I had to hunch over and constantly turn the wheel to actually get us to go somewhere. I always end up with a backache after using this. My daughter does like playing with the music buttons and thinks it is fun to drive. I am looking for an alternative to this. Will be getting rid of this toy in the next garage sale!

RoomMates RMK1439SLM Scroll Tree Peel & Stick Wall Decal MegaPack
RoomMates RMK1439SLM Scroll Tree Peel & Stick Wall Decal MegaPack
Offered by MAGGBee
Price: $20.49
30 used & new from $19.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute addition to the nursery, January 13, 2012
This tree was a lot of fun to put together and didn't take too long. At times I slightly tore some of the pieces as I was removing them from the paper backing so be careful! It was easy to peel them off the wall and move them around the room. I saved some of the pieces and put them under the window or crawling next to the dresser. Also, I take down the leaves during the winter and make them "fall" in autumn to help my baby learn the seasons. We get a lot of compliments on this tree. It was worth the extra money and saved me from having the room painted. We've had a lot of fun with this decoration and it really completes her room!!

Dena Happi Tree Plush Pillow, Pink
Dena Happi Tree Plush Pillow, Pink
Offered by Uncle Fester's Attic
Price: $35.80
8 used & new from $35.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 13, 2012
This pillow has lasted us a long time---my baby loves to snuggle up to it. The wings crinkle and it is very soft with many textures for her to feel. What I like the best about it is that it's machine washable--lifesaver! It is a great size to take along as a travel pillow too.

UPPAbaby G-Lite Stroller, Magenta
UPPAbaby G-Lite Stroller, Magenta

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of the 5 strollers we own, it's the only one we actually use!, January 13, 2012
I have bought just about every stroller there is on the market (they are collecting dust in the basement) and finally found the stroller that best fits our needs. This lightweight umbrella stroller is perfect for quick trips to the store or for longer day trips out. It folds easily, is comfortable, has a removable and washable seat, has a giant SPF extendable canopy and a cup holder for mom or dad. Best of all, it can stand on its own when folded---something a Maclaren can't do. The stand alone feature is a life saver for me and I don't have to set the stroller on the ground in wet weather as I try to fit it in the trunk. I bought the lite over the Uppa G Luxe because it is more of a bare bones version (not as bulky and I didn't need it to recline) and weighs less yet it is still a comfortable ride. Also, if you are taller I have found that my feet don't kick the back of wheels like they do on another stroller we own. I really can't say enough good things about this stroller--buy it, you won't be disappointed.
*Update* Still loving this stroller--it worked great on snowy streets and gravel roads.

Earlyears Lil Shopper Play Set
Earlyears Lil Shopper Play Set
Offered by Best Service Stores
Price: $22.95
28 used & new from $19.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for our little shopper, December 26, 2011
I wasn't sure about ordering this based on some reviews but was pretty impressed when it arrived. This set comes in a cute grocery "paper" bag and includes a milk carton/peekaboo mirror, a head of lettuce, an apple, an orange and a banana. The banana can even be peeled (gotta love Velcro). Overall this is perfect for one year olds and has been a fun toy to go pretend grocery shopping with. I like using this set instead of the paper food boxes that were included in her toy shopping cart.

Green Toys Cookware and Dining Set
Green Toys Cookware and Dining Set
Price: $31.76
47 used & new from $24.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Order up!, December 26, 2011
We have a kitchen set that came with teeny tiny play pieces that weren't so safe for little ones. We substituted this dinner set and love it! It is durable and has just enough pieces to get our little chef cooking with. It comes with a set of 4 plates, bowls, spoons, knives, forks and cups. It also includes two cookware pieces. We own other Green Toys products (stacking cups and tug boat bath toy) and feel confident in using their products. So happy that they are actually manufactured in the USA, are made from recycled materials and offer educational value.

Hot Potatoes!: The Best of The Wiggles
Hot Potatoes!: The Best of The Wiggles
Price: $11.99
40 used & new from $9.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Wiggly party, December 26, 2011
Ok, so in a million years I never thought I'd be such a Wiggles fan but watching my child at a very young age dance and smile when their songs came on has changed my attitude. If you are looking for the ultimate Wiggles CD with all of their hits, this is the one to order. You will find the classics such as Hot Potato, Big Red Car and Fruit Salad. This was a great CD to have in the car!

Graco UrbanLite Stroller, Lily
Graco UrbanLite Stroller, Lily

3.0 out of 5 stars Stroller drama, December 26, 2011
I have had the hardest time finding a stroller that truly fits our needs! We went from a baby jogger city mini to this one. I would still buy this stroller over the city mini. I liked the print, design, smooth ride, high handles and super sized large basket. It folds well but takes up a lot of room in my trunk. My child could easily sit up in it and this stroller wasn't too heavy to lift and put in the car. I had an issue with the braking system. Even though the brakes looked locked and down when you pressed them, they weren't and this almost lead to one close call safety issue.
Overall, Graco made a nice stroller but it was hard to take this stroller for quick trips to a grocery store or for a shopping trip. If I had to do it all over again I would have definitely bought a Graco travel system (since we have had good luck with their car seat) and skipped buying the city mini all together. I would have gone straight to buying an umbrella stroller afterwards. Now I'm stuck with every stroller you can think of! ;)

Fisher-Price Space Saver Swing and Seat, Luv U Zoo
Fisher-Price Space Saver Swing and Seat, Luv U Zoo
Price: $64.31
19 used & new from $50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Helped send baby off to dreamland, December 26, 2011
First, this was one of the first baby products I could actually assemble without needing much direction or help. :) I liked how compact it was and how we could haul it up and back downstairs as needed. This swing was worth the money when our baby wouldn't go back to sleep in the wee hours of the morning or I needed a few minutes to eat, clean, etc. I do wish I would've bought a side to side swing as a soother. This swing also did not last us too long--our baby outgrew the height requirement fairly quick.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3