Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

The Target (Will Robie Book 3)
The Target (Will Robie Book 3)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not his best, June 3, 2014
The book is good. However rather than a single story, it is more like three stories woven together. I still enjoyed just not as much as the first two

The River of Dancing Gods
The River of Dancing Gods
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars as great as I remember, June 2, 2014
I read this book when it first came out and loved it as a teenager. Having rediscovered it as an adult, I enjoyed it every bit and more. The story is timeless and should appeal to anyone. Enjoy!

PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Bundle
PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Bundle
59 used & new from $428.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great system, November 18, 2013
Played all weekend and the system completely meets expectations. Only thing I noticed is that the system is sold out everywhere. I am so glad that I bought early!

Bose carrying case for QuietComfort 15 Headphones
Bose carrying case for QuietComfort 15 Headphones
Offered by Bose
Price: $24.95
3 used & new from $8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the product, but shipping and handling was terrible., February 22, 2013
I bought this case for my AE Bose headphones. Although some reviewers said that they did not fit in the case, they do. They just don't sit down all the way for the part that goes underneath the ear cup, as it it is meant for the deeper QC's ear cup. It zips around perfectly and the zipper isn't strained at all.

One caution is the shipping and handling. I received my box half open. After I studied it for a few moments, I realized why it was half open--someone had forgotten to tape the box. I'm actually surprised it even made it to my home at all and not fall out on the way here.

Just as a note, the QC 15 headphones come with a case so it is not necessary to buy another.

Darkwar
Darkwar
by Glen Cook
Price: $13.75
70 used & new from $0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, December 16, 2010
This review is from: Darkwar (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of Glen Cook and have enjoyed all of his books. The Darkwar series is very good. It is not as gritty as the Black Company and Dread Empire Series. Perhaps it was targeted at a slightly younger audience. However it was still very well-written, had a great story, and was very entertaining. All I can say is that this first book sets a great stage and that each following book gets progressively better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2010 7:08 PM PST

Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mistborn, The Hero of Ages, & The Well of Ascension)
by Brandon Sanderson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $16.84
80 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars An Entertaining Read, December 16, 2009
Like the prior reviewer, I read all three books after I read The Gathering Storm. Sanderson did a nice job with the Mistborn series where he created a new and interesting world, with interesting powers/abilities, and interesting characters. This is not a great American novel. It is a fun and interesting read that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Great work and I look forward to more books from him.

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, Book 12)
The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, Book 12)
by Robert Jordan
Price: $20.90
372 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best WOT books, November 1, 2009
Brandon Sanderson has accomplished the impossible. He took over a good series that used to be great and brought it back to its prior greatness. The action is fast paced, the storyline is constantly moving and building, the subplots get resolved, and the main characters develop and grow. The decisions reached are logical and reasonable. There is not a single page in the entire book that did not contribute to the story. Other reviewers have explained the central plot lines so I won't repeat them. What I will say to all those who had become frustrated with the later WOT books...give this book a chance and you will not be disappointed.

Garmin Forerunner 301 GPS Personal Training Device
Garmin Forerunner 301 GPS Personal Training Device
5 used & new from $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, August 13, 2008
After reading the various reviews online, I bought the 301 and I absolutely love it!! It took only a few minutes to acquire a signal. I turned it on when I started my warm-up and it was ready before I was done. It was extremely accurate and measured my heart rate well. The online software was easy to install and use (though it installed more easily on my XP than on my Vista). The product does everything I hoped it would.

Prior to purchasing, I considered the newer 305. Even though the 305 has the ability to more readily read a weak signal and looks a little cooler, it also has a shorter charge life and costs twice as much. So I opted for the 301 and have no regrets.

A Fortress In Shadow (Dread Empire)
A Fortress In Shadow (Dread Empire)
by Glen Cook
Price: $27.78
58 used & new from $2.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book for Glen Cook fans, August 20, 2007
This book actually is set prior to the first Dread Empire book. It discusses the roots of Bragi, Mocker, and Haroun. In the same tradition of the Dread Empire series, it describes an epic conflict of world scale where the forces of the Western cultures fight the cultures of the MiddleEastern desert tribes. Classic Glen Cook that requires thought to follow the complexity of the storyline and strong character development. The characters are neither good nor bad, rather they are amazingly human and you can see your own actions and decisions in the choices that have been presented. You may need to read the book several times to pick up on many of the nuances missed in a casual read.

I have been a fan of Glen Cook for over 20 years. I read these first books as a teenager and enjoyed them. 20 years later I have re-read them and enjoyed them every bit as much as I did the first time. The concepts and situations are timeless and applicable to any generation.

The World Is Flat [Updated and Expanded]: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century
by Thomas L. Friedman
1120 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars The book is a chore, September 6, 2006
Though the points made by Friedman are appropriate, insightful, and useful...the book he wrote had so many stories that said the same thing to make reading it very difficult. The book was probably twice as long as it needed to be. I felt like reading it was a chore and that I was digging through dirt to find the little gems that were scattered throughout the book.