Profile for Leroy Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leroy Johnson RSS Feed (Oakland, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
by Michael A. Singer
Price: $13.51
107 used & new from $9.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changer, February 3, 2013
This book changed my life and saved my mom's life. You have to try to have an open mind and heart about everything you read here. Even if you find something you don't believe, try to put it in a different perspective. There is mention of God and religion at the end and I gave this book to an Atheist friend of mine. He hasn't read it (hopefully one day), but even reading the part about religion I saw how he could view it in a different light and get some meaning out of it. If you can do that, you'll be in good shape.

I only read to and from work on the Bart here in California, but even that little bit did so much to change my life.

One thing to expect is that the beginning is going to be crazy awesome -- then it kind of dies down, or can seem to hit a lull.. My mom and I both experienced this but the book gets better. You get used to the great feeling from the beginning of the book that you being to wonder why it's not happening at another point of the book. It comes and goes throughout the rest of the book, so just keep reading and you'll see what I mean.

This book was easy for me to grasp because, as I discovered with this book, I was born with my heart being largely open and could relate to a lot of what was being said. My mom, on the other hand, needs examples or stories to explain things even though she has a pretty open heart as well.. If you are like my mom, I recommend The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. He gives tons of examples and scenarios for all types of things. Lots of information about relationships and people that are done through examples and stories.. So if you are one of those types of people like my mom, get that book as well.

I have only started this journey into self-realization, and have only read this book and The Power of Now, but I'm working my way through this book again before I try reading something new.

Hope my review is helpful and I hope this book does as much for you as is it did for my mom and I.

Magnetic Strip 945-0009, 13 Feet
Magnetic Strip 945-0009, 13 Feet
Price: $24.59
7 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Got what I expected, February 3, 2013
Looks exactly like the stock photo here and was even packaged with what appeared to be an official Neato sticker. I ordered a vacuum for my mom and it sounded like she needed more boundary markers, so without hesitation I purchased one for her and it's working great.

You won't be disappointed with this purchase.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Learning Resources Magnetic Hooks
Learning Resources Magnetic Hooks
Price: $9.50
19 used & new from $7.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Super strong magnets, February 3, 2013
Don't let the dainty white color of these magnets fool you. These suckers are strong! I just needed them to hang some things around the kitchen, such as dish towels and pot holders, but these magnets could hold a lot more. Although, I tried placing a jacket onto it because I might have been able to use that at work, but American Rag Hooded Coat was too heavy for it, but it didn't drop suddenly -- it slowly fell to the floor after about 10 seconds.

So if you need strong magnets to sturdily hold items, you won't be disappointed. Also think it's weird that this item is in the toys section.. Didn't realize it until I got asked on this review page the follow:

How much fun is this toy?
How would you rate this toy's educational value?
How durable is this toy?
How do you rate this toy overall?

These are by no means toy magnets.

StarTech.com DVIDDMM20 20-Feet DVI-D Dual Link Cable - M/M
StarTech.com DVIDDMM20 20-Feet DVI-D Dual Link Cable - M/M
Price: Click here to see our price
61 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, February 2, 2013
I have my computer next to my TV on the opposite side of the room and wanted a monitor next to my couch as a dual monitor setup. This cable works great for that and i haven't noticed any quality issues. Although I mainly just use the monitor for average computing stuff and leave the HD content to my TV, but streaming on sites like youtube in 1080p seem to broadcast just fine.

Trader Joes Candy Cane Joe Joes Sandwich Cookies Real Candy Cane Pieces in Every Bite !!! Limited Edition for the Festive Season Limited Quantities At Trader Joes
Offered by KateCo Sourcing
Price: $10.90
22 used & new from $5.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy delicious, February 2, 2013
These are amazingly delicious. I wasn't planning on writing a review, but I am going to order more so I figured I would.

I've purchased these in the actual store and these are no different. You get actual Trader Joe's bran cookies and not some knock off. The only problem is that you want more once the final cookie has been eaten... also great with milk.

Orville Redenbacher's Movie Theater Butter Popcorn - 40 Bags
Orville Redenbacher's Movie Theater Butter Popcorn - 40 Bags
Offered by STAR ONLINE
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $46.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great popcorn, February 2, 2013
I didn't realize how many bags of popcorn 40 was until I got this box, but you kind of have to experience it to realize just how much it really is. hehe

It pops evenly and tastes great! You won't be disappointed.

Pebble Bath Mat - Grey
Pebble Bath Mat - Grey
Offered by Venturi
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mat!, February 2, 2013
This review is from: Pebble Bath Mat - Grey
The shower tub where I rent had a pretty slick surface so I didn't want to somehow fall and break something (happened to someone at my work). This was an impulse buy based on it looked casual? and wasn't very busy. It does a great job sticking to the shower wall for when I let it dry to try and prevent mold buildup.

It's a soft plastic and I barely notice it's there.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier with this case, February 2, 2013
I've had this case for almost 2 months now and I don't have a single regret. I kept 4 cards in the pocket for at least a month, and the other day I determined I didn't need one so I took it out. Even with 1 less card it's holding them in place. This means that nothing was stretched out, or the compressed to have any items fall out which can be a worry for the leather wallet cases out there (like the one I had for my 4S).

I've had this case on my phone since day 2, and it does add some slight bulk to it, but I'm ok with that because it eliminated my need for a wallet. There's mention that the power button is hard to press, which I only noticed the first few days. With normal use it goes away and you won't even notice it anymore. I also have my Clipper card on the outermost edge of it (blue facing out) and it reads it just fine at all the stations I use it with -- white side of the card facing out would sometimes fail to read at the stations but not often at all.

Not much else to say besides this case is great and I doubt you'll have any regrets if you purchase it. I've included 2 pictures that are after about 2 months of use.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch 16 GB Android Tablet AT105-T1016
Toshiba Thrive 10.1-Inch 16 GB Android Tablet AT105-T1016
19 used & new from $185.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I use it to charge my iPhone, January 25, 2013
I bought this around the time it came out and have just dealt with it instead of enjoyed it since the first week I got it. I didn't buy it from Amazon, but I did get a return label sent to me from the company that I brought it from, but it was cheaper than an iPad with the $100 Groupon coupon I used.

I barely install any apps on it, but it always seems to glitch on me with every factory reset (which I did the 2nd day I had it, and many more since). As of right now I had to install a widget to turn up the volume because even though I'm using the volume rocker, and the slide is moving on the screen, it doesn't want to play my Pandora radio unless I use these extra widgets. I can't have my iPhone plugged in before I take it out of sleep mode or else the screen won't turn on even though the wifi light lights up. That part is good because it stays on so I don't have to worry about it going to sleep and stop charging my phone. This last part only started happening since it upgraded to 4.04.

I've never once rooted it because I was worried it would make it even a larger piece of crap. The screen loves to show your fingerprint smudges, the default browser is always and always crashing, you have to format any storage device/card in FAT32 to actually have it write to them.. If I try to skype, I'm happy if it actually lets me use the camera facing me for SKype because on average I have to reboot it in order to use it because it wants to keep using the one on the back, or doesn't work at all. Here are the apps I use on it so you can see I barely even use it and still have all these problems:

1. Pandora
2. Chrome Browser
3. Chive
4. Facebook
5. Dropbox
6. And 5 widgets (3 of which are for the volume problem I mentioned earlier)

That's all I use. I have more installed, but nothing major -- mainly Amazon apps that I never use.

I wouldn't recommend this tablet to anyone. I have a friend who is an Android fanboy and even he is surprised by how buggy and crappy this tablet is.

The end.

*drops mic and walks off stage*

Spwatches Stainless Steel Material Elegant Design Blue Hybrid Touch Screen LED Watch,COME WITH FREE KEYCHAIN High Class Design, Leather Band, Support Touchscreen
Offered by lumramus
Price: $8.05
13 used & new from $8.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Instructions for setting time included, December 19, 2012
I finally found a site with instructions:

1) Tap the watch to bring up the time.
2) Tap it 8 times, holding it for a few seconds on the last tap
3) The "Hour" LED will blink faster, this means you are ready to set the hour. Tap it until you are on the right hour, then let it go out.
4) Repeat steps 1) and 2). Once the Hour LED is blinking fast again, Hold it again and your "minutes" LEDS should also blink. Tap until you are on the right minute (if you go past, you'll have to tap around the whole dial!) Let it go out.
5) Tap again and it should read the right time.

Just got my watch about 2 hours ago. The watch isn't bad quality for the price, but it came with a nice gouge in it. E-mailed the seller to see about a replacement, but man was I glad I found in the instructions for it.

tags: instructions, set time, how to

-- UPDATE --- 2/3/13

I am still really liking this watch and it's the only one I've been wearing for awhile now. I get a ton of compliments from people when they first see it and they are amazed at the cost because it looks like it should cost a lot more. I then point out the part that looks like a brain, and then they think it's even better. Then when I make it light up, that doesn't really get to them because that's kind of a techie thing, but I like it. The funnest part is the story about how to set it because the instructions that come with this thing are horrendous.

I haven't had any problems with the band coming apart or falling off the watch, so it goes to show that not all things can be made equally. I dared wear the watch in the shower and haven't had any problems because of it. I figured with $15 including shipping I had nothing to lose -- I would just buy another one if the water ruined it, but it's still working just fine. The funny part about that is, is that the water activates it sometimes so be ready for that.

I highly recommend getting this watch. It looks elegant, the design on the face is really cool, and you're bound to get compliments. I even raised the star review from 3 to 4 because I've enjoyed this watch so much.

Hope this helps!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 10:42 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2