Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for S. Garver > Reviews

Browse

S. Garver's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Garver RSS Feed (Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2
Galleria Antique Rose Stick Umbrella - Antique Rose
Galleria Antique Rose Stick Umbrella - Antique Rose
Offered by Galleria Umbrellas & Gifts
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, July 9, 2013
This is a beautiful umbrella. It seems well made and is of adequate size. I do not have great luck with umbrellas in the past never seem to hold up but this one does seem to be made more sturdily. But again this is even more beautiful than the picture does it justice.

DII 100% Cotton Vintage Blushing Birds Print Full Kitchen Apron with Bib Pin-Tucking, 2 Side Pockets, & Adjustable Waist Ties, Cute Chef Apron Is Machine Washable With Front Pockets, Perfect for Cooking, Baking, Hosting & More
Offered by GrandmasGiftware
Price: $29.64
6 used & new from $24.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits wonderfully, July 9, 2013
As another review stated this apron fits very well even if you are busty and it covers it all which is nice for a change. I plan on even buying another one for a backup for when this one gets ruined since I have had a hard time finding one that I like this much ever. Also the material it is made out of seems excellent quality and is not just cheap thin material but has some substance and the convenient pockets were a nice touch as well.

Rutland Products PS-4 4-Inch Round Pellet Stove Brush
Rutland Products PS-4 4-Inch Round Pellet Stove Brush
Price: $13.61
14 used & new from $10.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for what we want., April 13, 2013
I just needed a stove brush that could make a 45 degree angle and clean from inside. We use this on our woodstove with 6 inch pipe to clean in between our regular cleanings twice a year with the big brush. Bonus I can run it up from inside instead of going on roof and it seems to do a great job although yes I do know it is too small to get it all but saves getting on the roof more than twice in the winter so that is a good thing. We have had more issues this year since we put the two elbows in as creosote seems to collect there so this solved those issues.

The Everything Pressure Cooker Cookbook
The Everything Pressure Cooker Cookbook
by Pamela Rice Hahn
Price: $8.89
140 used & new from $0.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Completes my pressure cookbooks, April 13, 2013
First let me address the reviews on the index. They are correct that it is not well done. You are better off by just finding the page before each section and reading through the recipes in that section. Even they are not categorized as I would think but is quicker to find something that way versus the index because it uses the actual title of the recipe.

I bought three pressure cooker cookbooks including Ms. Vicki's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes, Everyday Pressure Cooker Recipes and this one The Everything Pressure Cooker Cookbook. The all have their different charms and this one completes it for me. I love how each recipe will up front tell you how many it serves and it is very easy to read. Unlike the others its few charts are in the back just before the index they are not extensive but do actually do much better in the beans and rice area versus some of the others. Seems more detailed in that area but really what makes me love this cookbook is it starts out with simple jams, marmalades, and preserves including applesauce which I do not find in any others. As someone who does her own canning etc... I find this to be a treasured bonus to the usual meals as it should make the process much much less time consuming. It also has many other recipes as well as wonderful deserts..This is a keeper for me.

Everyday Pressure Cooker Recipes
Everyday Pressure Cooker Recipes
by John Blackett-Smith
Edition: Plastic Comb
28 used & new from $0.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly has charts that include wild game, April 13, 2013
I have bought three pressure cookbooks that I think are wonderful and make a complete set for me. I bought this book Everyday Pressure Cooker Recipes, The Everything Pressure Cooker Cookbook, and Ms. Vicki's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes. This book is compiled almost like a church cookbook with older recipes as another person stated but I love that and love love the spiral binding. One thing that surprised me is that it has great charts of cooking times that also include venison, rabbit, pheasant, duck, pigeon and of course the regulars chicken, beef, pork, eggs, turkey, lamb and veal as well as vegetables. I have not ate a lot of wild game other than venison in my life but if things came to that for me it is great to have a reference on how to cook it. This is a meat based cookbook and is not a good reference for rice or beans and lentils for the most part. I have made some of the recipes since receiving last week and have found them simple and easy to prepare and my husband said he loved the porcupine meatballs. I believe this cookbook would be great for anyone who is into hunting or just loves recipes that are tried and true.

Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Baby Handi Pressure Cooker, 2-Liter
Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Baby Handi Pressure Cooker, 2-Liter
Price: $51.89
13 used & new from $35.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome to cook rice and very small meals, April 13, 2013
I actually bought this for one purpose mostly. To cook white Jasmine rice and it does it beautifully. It can cook 3 cups of rice finished that is actually 1 cup dry with cup and half of water and may be able to do a little more but not necessary for me and my husband as we always have leftovers anyways. But it is super fast and cooks to perfection every time. It is also soooo simple put rice and water in, wait and let it blow (whistle) 3 times for me (like my rice really cooked no crunch at all) and turn burner off. It takes about 15 minutes from beginning to end that includes putting in rice, closing lid, reaching pressure, whistle blowing and waiting for depressurizing. And to boot it is as cute as can be and cleans up perfectly as well. I have also used for small meals for one as I cannot eat beef anymore and when I am making something for my husband I want to just make something quick for myself and I can control temperature for long periods if necessary without any problem. I will worn you the first time it "whistled" I was not sure I loved that and it still scares the dog but it does not do it too much so can deal with the feeling the weight is going to fly off since the rice is soooo perfect.

To finish this is better than any rice cooker I know!

Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes
Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes
by Vicki Smith
Price: $12.73
119 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cookbook FULL of recipes and information., April 13, 2013
I now own three pressure cookbooks that are perfect in their own way. The Everyday Pressure Coooker Recipes, The Everything Pressure Cooker Cookbook, and now Ms. Vicki's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes. This book completed my wish list. It is true there is a lot of useful information especially for someone who is new to pressure cooking. I bought two, one for my daughter to go with her birthday gift of a Secura multi-cooker and I believe it will help her answer any questions as she has never pressure cooked before but for myself I have pressure cooked for many years and canned for many more, but always the same stuff. I recently received a Kuhn Rikon and wanted to see what I can do with it and as it turns out just about anything. I am not an adventurous cook but that is changing as I am trying many new recipes and this has recipes for everyone. Most seem to be very simple but taste like I ordered from a restaurant and quick. For me that is the attraction of pressure cooking quick, simple, and delicious what more can you ask for. As far as people comparing to Lorna Sass I guess it is what you like because I had her book that came with new pressure cooker and It had some information and all but I just did not see anything that special and decided to get rid of it. I have found this book very easy to read and include everyday items in recipes. As for the picture thing, I know some people like pictures but for me I am content either way as my stuff does not usually look like it anyways because I am not going to add the pretty stuff, garnishes, just want it to taste good and be practical.

In ending this is an excellent cookbook and the only thing that could have made it better is a spiral binding of some sorts since the book is so large but I highly recommend it and the other two listed as well to give you a little of everything.

3dRose LLC ct_14481_4 Roses in Ceramic Tile, 12-Inch
3dRose LLC ct_14481_4 Roses in Ceramic Tile, 12-Inch
Price: $35.17
2 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Tile in Ceramic, June 1, 2012
We bought this tile to use as our backdrop for a shower shelf. It worked out wonderfully. I love the detail and think this tile was an excellent touch to our shower. The price was very reasonable and it was packaged extremely well.

Timex Women's T2N837KW Weekender Watch with White Nylon Band
Timex Women's T2N837KW Weekender Watch with White Nylon Band
Price: $30.87
24 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch easy to read, June 1, 2012
I bought this watch because it looked as though it would be easy to read. The face is just a bit bigger than I am used to but I am glad it is so easy to see. The numbers being different colors makes it a little more interesting than just your basic watch. My only complaint for me is than the white band does not stay white, and I already had to wash it once, at least that is an option. But when it is time to change the band I will not pick white so it is an easy fix. But overall I really like it and enjoy having the indigo on it as well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2014 2:09 PM PDT

Ultimate Card Games
Ultimate Card Games
Offered by telegames-direct
Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad they finally released it. Only game with euchre., January 3, 2012
This review is from: Ultimate Card Games (Video Game)
I had the original gameboy advance game of this and loved it. It is the only card game out there with euchre included. It is virtually identical from what I can tell except the people profile thing has changed a bit and I think I liked the choices better before but that is really not that relevant in the grand scheme of things. They did add more games in all categories but especially in the casino games end of it. I will say since telegames has come out with Solitaire Overload Plus this game does not hold a candle to that one in the solitaire section anymore. I love Solitaire Overload Plus but I am really glad to have access to euchre again and some of the other beloved card games. I will say telegames does the best job in the card game genre. Others always seem to pale in comparison. Once again telegames has done a great job in combining several games to enjoy in one purchase. If solitaire games is your thing only I would purchase Solitaire Overload Plus instead which also includes mahjong and tangrams as well as 200 plus of wonderful solitaire games but if you like the classics such as euchre, spades, hearts, bridge, etc.. this is well worth the purchase.

Page: 1 | 2