Profile for Ken McWilliams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ken McWilliams RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Readiris Pro 12 Powerful Ocr Solution for Professionals
Readiris Pro 12 Powerful Ocr Solution for Professionals
Offered by CAD and Graphics Inc.
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to beat this software, August 18, 2014
I have been using various OCR software programs for the last 25 years. They have come a long way in accuracy and price. I have been using Readiris Pro since version 5, and version 12 is excellent. I have scanned hundreds of documents with this version and I have had no problems. With good, clean copy, it is rare that I have to do any editing at all.

Like any powerful software, there is a price of admission. Once you spend the time to master it, you will have a very powerful tool and be able to zip through documents easily. The PDF converter isn't its strong suite but it does an OK job.

If you are having problems, it is most likely you, not the software.

Black & Decker AS6NG Alkaline Cordless Screwdriver
Black & Decker AS6NG Alkaline Cordless Screwdriver
Price: $9.73
39 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It is always ready when I am, August 5, 2014
I have had several expensive, rechargeable screwdrivers. It seems that every time I needed to use one the batteries needed recharging. If I just leave it on the charger, the batteries soon loose their ability to hold a charge for very long. I'm a clockmaker and my need for a power screwdriver is very sporadic but when I do require one, I want it to be ready. This Black and Decker, though very inexpensive, is perfect for my needs. When not in use, the batteries don't loose power. (It uses regular AA batteries). I keep one in my tool box and one on my work bench with an extra set of batteries so that I will always have a power screwdriver when I want it.

Very happy with my B & D.

Showtime Anytime
Showtime Anytime
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Now includes Time Warner, August 5, 2014
This review is from: Showtime Anytime (App)
I have been waiting for this app to include Time Warner. Now that it does, it was well worth the wait. I can watch live broadcasts or on demand. The programs and movies available on demand is astonishing. Much more than those on cable.

Innovera Gel Mouse Pad with Wrist Rest, Nonskid Base, 8-1/4 x 9-5/8 Inches, Black (51450)
Offered by Court House Supplies
Price: $12.99
49 used & new from $9.41

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite pd, August 5, 2014
My favorite mouse pad. Tracks optical mouse accurately and stays put on my desc.

TWC TV®
TWC TV®
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and simple to use., August 5, 2014
This review is from: TWC TV® (App)
I got this for my Kindle 8.9 HDX and it is absolutely fantastic. I can watch all live TV programs including premium channels, as well as on demand and Music Choice. Every channel that I receive on my regular cable connected TV I can now receive on my Kindle HDX as long as I'm connected to a WiFi network.

The interface is easy to use, in fact, on demand is easier to use than the cable version. Nice job Time Warner, I'm a 20 year+ subscriber and have very few complaints.

Blazer GB4001-02 Stingray Butane Torch, Blue
Blazer GB4001-02 Stingray Butane Torch, Blue
Price: $30.74
4 used & new from $30.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Microflame replacement, August 5, 2014
I bought this to replace my Microflame torch because I can no longer find cartridges for it. While the Blazer isn't as hot and doesn't have as small a flame, it does an excellent job on most projects and the fuel lasts much longer between fillings. Overall, very happy with the Blazer 4001.

Micro Vacuum Attachment Kit - 7 Piece
Micro Vacuum Attachment Kit - 7 Piece
Offered by ALL MAX
Price: $6.95
32 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great tool, August 5, 2014
This attachment set does a great job cleaning computers, inside and out, as well as the keyboard. And the price is ridiculously low. I would have paid four times this for this product.

Vector Quintuple Refined Butane Gas Fuel Refill
Vector Quintuple Refined Butane Gas Fuel Refill
Offered by LilGift
Price: $11.35
14 used & new from $5.33

5.0 out of 5 stars I use this on my Blazer torch. works very ..., August 5, 2014
I use this on my Blazer torch. works very well. I had problems with less refined butane products but not with this one.

The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 75 And love it, May 6, 2014
I'm 75 and I really enjoyed this FREE game. It gave me about six hours of plain old fun. I find it hard to believe that it was free. WOW

The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!
The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!
by Jessica Seinfeld
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: $16.45
122 used & new from $4.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cook book, even for people that can cook, October 11, 2013
First, a note about the mean spirited people that gave this one star without even seeing or reading it. Just ignore their stupid remarks and read the reviews from those of us who actually bought the book.

I bought the hard cover because I like to be able to have cookbooks open while cooking and to be able to copy a recipe to use as a shopping list.

Mechanically, this book is first class all the way. It is one of the most expensive, and practical bindings available. The covers are heavy hard board and can’t curl or distort. The pages are high quality paper in full color. The binding is heavy, double wire, steel looped, with rectangle punched pages which allow the book to lay perfectly flat, and stays open to your page. I would recommend spending the few additional bucks and buy the hard cover over the kindle version. (Even though 90% of the books I buy are for my Kindle)

The content is just as classy as the book binding. Well thought out, covers everything that the new, or apprehensive cook needs to know. Great looking recipes, easy to follow instructions, and lots of photos. Even people that can cook will learn something from this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2014 11:51 AM PDT