Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Debra Wilson > Reviews

Browse

Debra Wilson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 299

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Debra Wilson RSS Feed (Lancaster, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Zimo® Make Your Own 23 Ukulele DIY Concert Hawaii Ukulele Kit
Zimo® Make Your Own 23 Ukulele DIY Concert Hawaii Ukulele Kit
Offered by Katjaone
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Build Your Own... Ukulele?, May 22, 2016
I purchased this DIY kit off of eBay, not Amazon, but that doesn't change my review. First off, this is not a high dollar, amazing uke. I'm still learning to play, but my $135 Kala tenor sounds way, way better. That said, this is a great kit for a kid or someone who wants to tinker to build and play a bit. For the $40 price tag it sounds pretty good, but its not really special. It is however, LOUD. Way louder than my tenor is.

The actual construction is super simple. Two dowels hold the neck onto the body (I reinforced with glue), the fretboard is glued down (I had some issues with the center trying to lift a bit so I tied a piece of elastic around it until the glue set), tuners (which are geared) pop through pre-drilled holes, and the little plastic grommets sit over the top of them. Two included screws hold the tuners firmly in place. The saddle is held in by two screws (included), the bridge sits firmly in place in its groove, and the nut I glued down though I'm not sure if that's standard. You do not need any tools to put this together besides a screwdriver and something to trim off the excess strings when you put them on. I put Aquila strings on it instead of the ones included.

There are NO INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED- something other people reviewing other models have noted. Some people said their kit was missing hardware but I had enough screws and grommets for two kits.

If you're expecting an amazing ukulele for the $40, this is probably not it. But I feel like it is adequate for the price and its not awful. ANd it is fun to build!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Spinrite Bernat Blanket Big Ball Yarn, Vintage White
Spinrite Bernat Blanket Big Ball Yarn, Vintage White
18 used & new from $6.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chenille yarn, March 25, 2016
A lot of people will tell you how horrible chenille yarn is - it worms, it's unpleasant to work with, it's just bad. But Bernat has mailed it with this blanket yarn. It both knits and crocheted easily, and none of my projects with it have wormed. I love this yarn, especially when I can get it on sale!

Dissolution: A Dystopian Novella
Dissolution: A Dystopian Novella
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quick read!, March 25, 2016
This story poses a world where everyone is owned by a corporation, and they can do what they want with you. It's somewhere between Divergent and slavery, and it's a very good read albeit a bit short. I really enjoyed it from the first page and look forward to the next thing from this author. The reason I only give 4 stars is because I wanted it to be just a bit longer.

TeeStars Men's - Beard Scale T-shirt X-Large Black
TeeStars Men's - Beard Scale T-shirt X-Large Black
Offered by Tee stars
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this as a gift for my beardly boyfriend. ..., February 22, 2016
Got this as a gift for my beardly boyfriend. He likes it. Has worn it several times and got a kick out of measuring his beard against it.

ClosetMaid 421 Cubeicals 9-Cube Organizer, White
ClosetMaid 421 Cubeicals 9-Cube Organizer, White
52 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little shelving unit and super easy to put together, February 22, 2016
Great little shelving unit and super easy to put together. It took me about twenty minutes to build it with just a Phillips screwdriver and a hammer. Its pretty stable too once you put on the backing pieces and great for storing my yarn and craft related books in!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2016 7:34 AM PST

Cornerstone Products Lite Crochet Hooks, Size H, 5mm, Lavender
Cornerstone Products Lite Crochet Hooks, Size H, 5mm, Lavender
Price: $5.89
29 used & new from $1.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm on the fence, December 24, 2015
I purchased one of these from a lady online and while it definitely does what it says - you absolutely can crochet in total darkness with these hooks, they make my hand cramp within ten minutes. But! I'm not blaming the hook. All crochet hooks over 7mm or with the thick handle make my hand cramp. If I can get used to using it and get past the cramping, I'd be willing to order these in a few other sizes. I do find the way the light reflects around into the curved tip kind of distracting/blinding. Still, I can't say this is a bad product and a lot of people love them! I'm just not sure I do.

Seeking the Veil, Part 1: A Hammerblood Story
Seeking the Veil, Part 1: A Hammerblood Story
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I think this is a nice start to what could be a good story, December 19, 2015
I was given a copy of this book free in exchange for my honest review. That said, I think this is a nice start to what could be a good story. The writing feels a bit immature and I'm honestly not sure if this is supposed to young adult or not, but its an easy to follow read and unlike some books I've been given, there were no obvious editing errors. The main character, Hestea, has been sent to a foreign place with dreams of fighting battles against magical foes. Unfortunately this installment does not make it clear why he's so driven to fight these people, but I suspect we'd get more backstory in the next one. There's not a lot to this installment, but I honestly can't find real fault in it, so four stars. I may continue reading this one as I'm rather curious to know who the bad guys really are.

Hill's Science Diet Grain-Free with Chicken & Apples Dog Treat Bag, 8-Ounce
Hill's Science Diet Grain-Free with Chicken & Apples Dog Treat Bag, 8-Ounce
Price: $5.24
6 used & new from $5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty but tiny!, December 9, 2015
Our dogs loved these, however, they are TINY! Like the right size for a chihuahua. Our dogs are big, both over 70 pounds, so these were like a tasty little tease for them.

(12 Pack) Corn on the Cob Holders Skewers
(12 Pack) Corn on the Cob Holders Skewers

5.0 out of 5 stars They work!, December 9, 2015
I'm not sure what I can say about these. They are corn skewers, and they work. Inexpensive price, nice product.

Medelco 12 Cup Glass Pause & Serve Universal Replacement Carafe - Black
Medelco 12 Cup Glass Pause & Serve Universal Replacement Carafe - Black
Price: $10.99
35 used & new from $7.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad buy, just took some tinkering., December 9, 2015
I bought this to replace a pot on a GE coffee maker (unknown model, its been through several owners) that has the pause and serve function. Unfortunately, even with the one adapter provider, it still wasn't tall enough to reach the coffee maker's spout to signal coffee to pass through. However, the price can't be beat and the actual GE replacement pot would cost me $40 (I could buy a new coffee maker for that much) so I got creative. I found placing the old pot's lid on top of this one without the adapter makes it the perfect height and it works fine. So now I just need some super glue. Not a bad buy, just took some tinkering.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20