Profile for V. Hutson > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 258

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

V. Hutson RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Disney Cars Design & Drive Lightning McQueen
Disney Cars Design & Drive Lightning McQueen
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is really a fun toy! The large size makes it both impressive and easy to play with. Being able to easily change parts really adds a whole new dimension. The difference mouths add a lot of expression and humor! It is amazing how being able to change these things really makes play time and storytelling more interesting. If you have a Lightning McQueen fan in your home--this should be a big hit!

Antec Note Portable Bluetooth Stereo Speaker (Black)
Antec Note Portable Bluetooth Stereo Speaker (Black)
Price: $39.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Good speaker!, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice speaker considering the price! It was smaller than I had anticipated--it is about the size of two deck of playing cards lined up. This makes it very easy to travel with. The sound is good for a speaker this small and this inexpensive. The volume is loud enough that I can easily hear it in the next room.

It paired up with my iPad easily. It also has an auxiliary plug that I can use to connect my older iPod to so I can listen to that through this speaker as well.

I also really like the magnetic smart lid (cover) which activates the Instant On/Off feature. I haven't used it long enough to know how long the battery lasts. Plus, I haven't used the microphone for telephone calls so I can't comment on those features.

There are louder and better sounding speakers out there--but none I have come across in this price range! I'm happy with it!

Holmes HEPA Type Desktop Air Purifier, 3 Speeds plus Optional Ionizer, HAP242-NUC
Price: $31.21
62 used & new from $25.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective!, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm using this in a downstairs spare bedroom that often smells a bit musty and it has helped. I also used it in my kitchen to get rid of some cooking odors and it helped there as well. When it first arrived I was surprised at how large it was. (12 x 5.5 x 9). It does take up more table top space that I thought it would. The high speed is a bit noisey. Otherwise, I'm happy with it so far.

Phantom Aquatics Cancun Mask Snorkel Combo, Clear/Red
Phantom Aquatics Cancun Mask Snorkel Combo, Clear/Red
Price: $45.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Good beginner mask!, June 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the years I have bought a wide variety of masks and snorkels for my son. I would rate this as a very good beginner mask. It is very comfortable for an adult face. Needless to say it is not at a professional level set--it is a decent mask.

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon)
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon)
Price: $199.00
13 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speaker!, June 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great speaker! Easy to connect, great sound, convenient size, and the lithium-ion battery lasts a long time! My son loves this--and needless to say--he has assumed ownership of it! I may have to buy another one just for me!

Very, very happy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2015 9:37 AM PDT

XSories Stuffler 23L Duffel Waterproof Bag with Adjustable Shoulder Strap for Wet or Dry Storage (Orange)
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful!, June 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son loves this! While the bag is not intended to be submerged--it will come in very handy to keep items dry in a boat or near water. One of his hobbies is scuba diving and this will come in very useful when he packs items that he wants to keep dry. The size is nice--it will fit a decent amount of items and is easy to pack and store. The quality is good! He's happy, I'm happy!

Becoming a Graphic and Digital Designer: A Guide to Careers in Design
Becoming a Graphic and Digital Designer: A Guide to Careers in Design
by Steven Heller
Price: $31.95
62 used & new from $25.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable Resource!, June 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall this is a very interesting and informative book. It contains information on a variety of different Design careers as well as a basic introduction to each area. As an art educator this will be a great resource to share with my design students!

The bulk of each chapter consists of interviews with established designers in each of the areas. The question/answer format works well and really conveys a lot of information in an easy and interesting way. For example, some of the questions in the "Books and Book Jackets" section are:

1. "You design books in the digital age with precision and detail, but you come from an analog world. Was it hard to make the transition?
2. "What about the printed book is so appealing?"
3. "Can you make a living designing books? " (Unfortunately, the answer was "Not by design alone. You have to be able to do more things that create added value to your work in order to . . . .
4. "What do you love about the book jacket and cover that you cannot find in other media?"

Anyone who is thinking of a career in design should benefit from reading this!

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Filigree Pendant Necklace, 18"
Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Filigree Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $25.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive pendant!, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is larger than what I anticipated--but I like it. The detail is very elegant and it will work with many of my dress clothes. The chain does seem a bit too dainty for the almost 1 1/4 inch pendant so I will probably change that. But otherwise, this looks very nice!

CHUCKIT CHUCKIT! ULTRA SQUEAKER BALL LARGE
CHUCKIT CHUCKIT! ULTRA SQUEAKER BALL LARGE
Price: $8.49
4 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for large dogs!, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have a large dog that loves to "fetch" this is the toy to get! It is durable so it should last a while!

La Cuisine LC 9150 Cast Iron Shallow Griddle with 2 Wedge Handles and Enamel Finish, 12", Green
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality!, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Beautiful, well-crafted, and functional! This cooks so much better than what I have been using. Follow the directions and you should be happy. It is heavy--but that is what makes it cook so evenly. Pancakes, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. come out great!

This would make an excellent wedding gift. It is something you can live without--but it feels so luxurious to have!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20