Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD
Profile for C Marsadi > Reviews

C Marsadi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C Marsadi RSS Feed (Southern California)

Seiki SE50UY04 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV (Discontinued)
Seiki SE50UY04 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV (Discontinued)
8 used & new from $600.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Honestly Recommend Passing on this TV, August 13, 2013
I had to issue a return on this TV. I've tried many settings w my GTX670 SLI, but i couldnt get the image good enough to justify keeping it.
The first thing I noticed is the backlighting falloff on the left and right sides. It looks like a gradient to dark at each end if you know what I mean. Secondly the top right corner of the screen flickers when you look at a mostly white image. If you've never seen a low refresh you probably don't know what I'm talking about. Think of the headlight of an old car pulsing, that's what it looks like, just in the top right corner. I've tried forcing 30Hz from the detected 29Hz, but it didn't improve.

At 1080p at 120Hz there was still the backlight issue and still noticeable white flicker but fast motion had less ghosting. Still looked like a $600-800 1080p 50". There's better 1080p Displays out there for this price!

I had high hopes that this would be something fun to use w my GoPro since the GoPro can record 4K at 15FPS, but again the image quality (gamut) wasn't good. Even on other videos and images you can see the banding in the colors. It's very distracting.

So I ended up asking myself if these shortcomings/glitches are worth keeping it? The answer was honestly no. The gamut is too short, the refresh is too low, and the backlighting isn't uniform. I applaud the company for putting out an affordable 4K TV, but with all these image quality issues I can only recommend holding off for a better model. I hope this helps and thanks for reading.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2015 11:31 AM PST

Kodak PlaySport (Zx5) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera - Black  (2nd Generation)
Kodak PlaySport (Zx5) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera - Black (2nd Generation)
Offered by Prime Source Plus
Price: $276.67
27 used & new from $65.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, not great, but worth it for the price, March 19, 2011
I don't know why people would give anything higher than two stars. This camera is OK at best.

I'll start with the bad:

1) Low light shows the weakness in the ccd. Tons of noise in the dark areas, just total chaos. Especially if you move around (Like at a club or party). Even in the daylight technicolor noise can be seen in mid-tones and shadows.
2) Packaging. It comes with so little. Just a USB cable, and send away for a HDMI cable? Are you kidding!? Obvious personal-information/advertising ploy and totally unnecessary. Not even a case is included.
3) The Battery is not easily replaceable. I haven't looked into how to really open it up (possibly voiding the warranty) to replace it if it DOES die but I wouldn't want to do it away from a clean workbench. I BOUGHT THE AMAZON SUGGESTED BATTERY. DON'T DO IT!!! Currently I'm trying to figure out how to return it to the 3rd party, but since the battery isn't a plug and play deal do not buy it! You're just wasting time.
4) Menu navigation is sluggish/laggy but works OK since you won't go to it often and is simple and straightforward.

The good:

1) If you stick this thing on a tripod, during a sunny day, and set it to either 1080p or 720p -not 720p60- the image is acceptable for a sub $200 camera. Photos are also acceptable, but I've seen sub $150 photo cameras that take better pictures.
2) Super fast start-up. Takes pretty much just a one count and its ready to shoot. Very nice.
3) Tripod hole on the bottom. Also very nice.
4) Not overloaded with a mess of buttons so it's easy to do the major tasks without too much fuss.
5) The anti-shake works very very well.

Ultimately this Camera is OK, not amazing as the specs -and some suspect reviews- indicate. Tripod daylight use is the best you can get I think in a sub $200 camera. Image quality is good unless you move too much then expect some artifacting. I like to work with 16:9 720p mostly unless I'm filming something in the daytime on a tripod then I'll set it to 16:9 1080p. Reason is there seems to be less artifacting in 720p and its easier to work with on an underpowered Netbook if you are away from your home computer. 720p60 fields is just a Benny Hill show, maybe some will like it, but I think it would also interfere with throughput and create chaos in some situations. So that's all I have to say for the review, I hope it was helpful.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2013 12:33 PM PDT