Profile for Tony H. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tony H. RSS Feed (New England, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Blood Ceremony
Blood Ceremony
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 creepy stars!, June 14, 2010
This review is from: Blood Ceremony (MP3 Music)
wow - what an album. I listen to this almost daily - and I've had it for over a year! It's like a combination of Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, and The Doors, but with female vocals... and it's a GREAT combination. Not as heavy as say, Electric Wizard, but not as 'out there' as OM - it's like a musical journey into the Roger Corman/Vincent Price classic "Masque of the Red Death"(which was originally written by Edgar Allen Poe), with abit of "Blood on Satan's Claw" thrown in for good measure! If these references mean anything to you*wink, wink*, you will like this album - BUY IT. I wanted to give it 666 stars, but amazon only allows 5. hehehehe

Dean Michael Schenker Standard Guitar
Dean Michael Schenker Standard Guitar
Price: $299.00
17 used & new from $249.95

4.0 out of 5 stars killer guitar in its price range, June 14, 2010
I have owned my Dean Michael Schenker sig V for 3 or 4 years now and I love it. It's my go-to guitar for metal(I use my Strat and Les Paul for more classic and stoner rock). I did put an EMG 81 in the bridge(leaving the passive neck pickup out of the circuit), but I didn't feel like I HAD to... I just wanted to try active pickups. The finish is just fine, the fretboard has no sharp fret ends, neck pocket is tight. I really have no complaints whatsoever about this guitar, especially at the price they're selling em for... no, it's not a 'custom shop' equivalent, but it suits me just fine. I give it a solid 4 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2012 7:00 PM PST

The Deadly Deception: Freemasonry Exposed by One of Its Top Leaders
The Deadly Deception: Freemasonry Exposed by One of Its Top Leaders
by James D. Shaw
41 used & new from $3.89

1.0 out of 5 stars read only if you enjoy..., March 27, 2010
...complete and utter FICTION. This couldn't be more wrong about not only the supposed 'Satanic Freemasonic conspiracy' but its seemingly detailed(but erroneous) descriptions of Masonic ritual & temple furnishings/design. I'm surprised the author didn't take a cue from the debunked 'Leo Taxil' anti-mason hoax of 19th century France and describe 'witnessing firsthand' people bursting into flame and/or floating thru the air, and a crocodile that played the piano(no, I am NOT making that up, the accusations in the Taxil hoax were that preposterous... and believed!). But instead he sticks to the tired old Saturday horror double-feature cliches of hooded black robes and drinking wine from a human skull. Gimme a break - at least have some imagination! *yawn*

final summation: not worth the paper its printed on

*I am NOT a Freemason, but frankly, have proven more knowledgeable about it than many Masons themselves, therefore, I am not 'part of the cabal seeking to cover our tracks'. I am also not a fool to believe this clap-trap.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2013 10:26 PM PDT

The Question Of Lucifer
The Question Of Lucifer
by Arthur Edward Waite
2 used & new from $251.95

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER KNOWN AS..., January 30, 2010
This book is better known as 'Devil-worship in France' - a title Waite was not fond of at all, but his publisher knew what sells... my how things change, eh?(sarcasm) This book is an extensive refutation of the 'Leo Taxil hoax' in France, elements of which are still perpetuated by many pseudo-journalists, about those supposed 'evil Freemasons'. In fact, the perpetrator(s) of the hoax admitted it... after being exposed, that is. I am NOT saying there is no cabal of Illuminati secretly pulling the strings behind world events - there IS, it is true. The top two, that are visible in a public way, are the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers. That is where people should be looking, NOT at your local Freemasonic lodge.

Human Lanterns
Human Lanterns
DVD ~ Tony Liu
Price: $12.96
18 used & new from $11.13

4.0 out of 5 stars a strange mix of horror and kung fu, February 4, 2009
This review is from: Human Lanterns (DVD)
I saw this at my local theatre that played a double-feature of Shaw Brothers action movies every Saturday night at midnight - I loved it! The combination of great wuxia(swordplay) and trippy horror elements(a monsterous-looking creature crawls across the walls & ceiling like a spider!) was soooo different than anything I had seen before, it kinda freaked me out as a 17 year old kid! I was a busboy at a Japanese restaurant and I'd spend my tip money on watching kung fu movies all night long... ah, what great memories! And now, with these amazingly good quality dvd titles coming out, I can relive my Hong Kong action youth all over again!

Evisceration Plague
Evisceration Plague
Price: $14.92
65 used & new from $4.27

5.0 out of 5 stars 20 years and still killing!!, February 4, 2009
This review is from: Evisceration Plague (Audio CD)
Cannibal Corpse are one of the best at what they do - and as the numbers indicate, they are officially the best-selling death metal act of all time. Kudos- they deserve it. The new album "Evisceration Plague" shows that they have not lost a step - their riffs are just as sick, technical, and brutal as ever, and as others have stated, abit more catchy than some of their past material. George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher is one of the most articulate of death metal vocalists, making deciphering his vocals quite easy, once you have your 'death metal ear' tuned up. Eric Rutan has again brought fantastic sound to the production, giving room & clarity to every instrument in the maelstrom of metal brutality... and it seems has given Cannibal a breath of fresh air, starting with "Kill". I've only had the album for one day, so it's hard to pick out standout tracks - they ALL kick you right in the teeth - which is exactly what you'd expect from a new Cannibal Corpse album!! My edition of "Evisceration Plague" came with a 'making of' DVD, which I haven't got to watch yet. Whether this is a special edition or not, I have no idea, as I didn't even realize it was there until I opened the packaging when I got home. As a musician myself, I LOVE stuff like this! In the past, it was a big expectation of what kind of sick artwork was gonna be on the new Cannibal CD - but I think that bird has 'flown the coop', so to speak. The artwork is still done by Vincent Locke, but it's a pale comparison to the absolutely shocking stuff he's done in the past... oh well, it's about the music anyways. Overall, a great new album by the KINGS of death metal!

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi Guitar Effects Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi Guitar Effects Pedal
Price: $80.40
57 used & new from $68.49

5.0 out of 5 stars the king of fuzz!, August 8, 2008
I absolutely LOVE my USA Big Muff fuzz pedal! I owned the black Russian Big Muff, and I sold it - the USA model sounds better to my ears. This is NOT a subtle effect - it takes your tone, pushes you down in the mud, and walk off with it's arm around it, like stealing your girlfriend... and that's part of the charm! It is the schoolyard bully of non-boutique fuzz pedals. The Dunlop Fuzz Face is abit more transparent, so if you don't want something as extreme, you might like that better. I am a happy Electro-Harmonix customer, and have no hesitation in recommending their products.

Line 6 Flextone III XL 212 Combo Amp
Line 6 Flextone III XL 212 Combo Amp
2 used & new from $550.00

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic amp, May 26, 2008
I have had this for about 5 months now, and it is amazing - from sparkly clean to classic rock to death metal, this can literally do it all, and more importantly, do it WELL. It is very responsive to picking dynamics, not at all 'sterile' sounding, like some people tend to classify anything that doesn't have tubes in it. And ZERO maintenance worries, unlike tubes. The speakers have great tone, and believe me, you'll have no problems keeping up with a drummer - this thing can get LOUD. I personally play stoner/doom/down-tempo metal(think Electric Wizard), and in a genre that is usually associated with vintage gear and deafening volumes, I am doing just fine.

Pilgrimage
Pilgrimage
Price: $10.71
40 used & new from $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, May 8, 2008
This review is from: Pilgrimage (Audio CD)
turn out all the lights, light some incense & candles, lay back and either listen with headphones or play it pretty loud.

Witchcult Today
Witchcult Today
Offered by purepoponline
Price: $13.98
18 used & new from $5.34

5.0 out of 5 stars the KINGS of doom are back!, March 4, 2008
This review is from: Witchcult Today (Audio CD)
if you can count old Vincent Price movies as a musical influence, you will LOVE Electric Wizard! In my cobweb-covered, black candle burning opinion, "Witchcult Today" is one of the best releases of 2007. Doom on!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4