Profile for Just Another Opinion > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 109

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Just Another Opinion RSS Feed (Austin, TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Chilewich Shag Skinny Stripe Utility Mat - Multi Color
Chilewich Shag Skinny Stripe Utility Mat - Multi Color
Offered by Speranza Design Gallery
Price: $75.00
2 used & new from $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this mat!, November 3, 2013
I love the Chilewich line. I have another Chilewich that I've used daily at my backdoor for about 5 years that shows no signs of wear at all.

These are pricey, so it took me awhile to convince myself to buy another. However, after buying mat after mat that wear out after just a few months of use, I finally decided that another Chilewich was the way to go.

This mat is a really good size for the front door, and the colors are welcoming and cheerful without being garish.

Love it!

Cellet Halloween Bats Proguard Case for Apple iPhone 4/4S - White
Cellet Halloween Bats Proguard Case for Apple iPhone 4/4S - White
Price: $7.36
6 used & new from $6.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Adorable cover, not much of a case, November 3, 2013
Love the graphic on this cover and used it briefly over Halloween.

However, this case offers almost zero protection to your phone.

Cute? Yes!

Practical? Nope.

Champion Womens Eco Fleece Open Bottom Pant
Champion Womens Eco Fleece Open Bottom Pant
Price: $9.99 - $24.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Crummy quality, February 25, 2013
Tried these on and they were the PERFECT sweat pant! I was so excited! However, they shrank in the wash - 2 inches on the left leg, 3 inches on the right! So now my ankles are exposed - one more than the other! After washing, the inseam of the longer leg was just 29 inches on a LARGE pair of sweats. That's not reasonable.

Have these companies never heard of pre-washing fabrics? I would love to know that the item I purchase will continue to fit after I wash it. In no universe should sweat pants fall into the category of hand-wash, delicate, or dry-clean only!

West Paw Design Boogey Squeak Toy for Dogs, Hot Pink
West Paw Design Boogey Squeak Toy for Dogs, Hot Pink
Offered by P Coast Partners
Price: $19.90
4 used & new from $19.90

5.0 out of 5 stars ONLY soft chew toy that's EVER lasted!, February 10, 2013
My large goldendoodle will only chew on soft toys made of fabric. Anything made of any kind of plastic is a non-starter for her. Historically, chew toys have lasted less than 15 minutes. We were excited when we purchased a different West Paw item that held on for about 35 minutes before being disemboweled. BUT THIS! This miraculous squeaky chew toy has made it a month and is still completely intact. She chews on it all the time, plays fetch with it, and even gets in a bit of tug-o'-war. Boogey is still in great shape. Ladies & gentlemen, we have a winner!

UPDATE: November 3,2013
10 months in, and the Boogey is still intact and very well-loved. Cannot say enough good things about this toy!

Frosty Friends: 12 Cards
Frosty Friends: 12 Cards
by Suzy Ultman
Edition: Cards
Price: $11.65
38 used & new from $3.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but tiny, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Frosty Friends: 12 Cards (Cards)
These cards are really cute - as pictured! The down-side is that each card is one-sided (like a post-card) and fairly small. They're good for scribbling off a few lines, but that's it. I expected actual note cards that opened. The coordinating envelopes and decorative stickers are very cute as well. Bottom line: utterly adorable but barely usable.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not soft & only 40% wool, February 3, 2013
Love the styling on this one, but the material is not so great. Contrary to what the item description implies, the sweater is 40% wool, 30% acrylic, and 30% nylon. It feels like an acrylic sweater, and my guess is that it would wear like one, too.

G2 Chic Women's Quarter-Sleeves Zig-Zag Printed Dress(DRS-CAS,GRN-S)
G2 Chic Women's Quarter-Sleeves Zig-Zag Printed Dress(DRS-CAS,GRN-S)
Offered by Urban Identity
Price: $53.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Waaaaay too short!, February 3, 2013
So, I'm 5"8 and wear a 10. The Large very literally did not cover my a$$. I'm thinking this dress might be a mis-marked petite or might simply be sized for shorter people. It would work well (though would still be short) on someone 5'5" or shorter. I seriously considered keeping this one as a top, but it doesn't quite work for that, either.

The material is soft, and the colors are nice, but the dress was not made for me!

City Walks with Kids: Washington D.C.: 50 Adventures on Foot
City Walks with Kids: Washington D.C.: 50 Adventures on Foot
by Ingrid Roper Catron
Edition: Cards
Price: $13.45
58 used & new from $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars No Walks Here, March 18, 2012
This deck should be titled "Sites with Kids." Most cards consist of one site with a thumbnail sketch of how best to navigate that single site. I was hoping for short walks around the city - this deck isn't it! The cards are cute, but that's about it. The whimsy of the art is too young for the verbiage on the other side of the card which leaves me wondering who the target audience is.

In the Electric Mist
In the Electric Mist
DVD
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars ppppth, January 14, 2012
Great cast, poor movie. Extremely slow paced. I have not read the books but might after reading other reviews. I can imagine that this dud of a movie might have begun its life as a good book...But seriously, this movie has nothing to recommend it.

Surrogates
Surrogates
DVD
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars made for TV?, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Surrogates (Amazon Instant Video)
The movie had an interesting concept but was poorly executed. Fans of Bruce Willis' action flicks won't find that here. There is no mystery or suspense. The whole movie falls flat. Disappointment from beginning to end, but watchable, thus the second star.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11