Profile for 4America > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 280

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

4America "4america" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Inateck Mini Bluetooth Universal Audio Receiver Wireless Music Streaming Adapter Dongle, 3.5mm Audio Music Receiver for Home/Car Stereo Sound System, Speakers, Headphones, Headsets and Other 3.5mm AUX Media Devices (White, BR1001)
Offered by Inateck Online
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good not great, April 10, 2015
You get what you pay for - right? This is an okay unit but it does not compare to the outdoor tech. It's not as expensive either. It's not that it doesn't do what you expect but there are things that are annoying.
1) The range is definitely not as good as the outdoor tech. At 40ft with no obstruction this will cut out occasionally.
2) There is no way to mount it. The outdoor tech clip design is excellent.
3) The button in the front while convenient has two problems. (a) it is easy for it to get hit if it is in your pocket and (b) when you hold your finger on it to get the blinking connect light - you can't see the light.

Overall not a bad option but there are definitely better
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2015 12:50 AM PDT

Nike Men's Kobe X Black/Black/Persian Violet/Vlt Basketball Shoe 8 Men US
Nike Men's Kobe X Black/Black/Persian Violet/Vlt Basketball Shoe 8 Men US
Offered by shoezoo
Price: $178.06
3 used & new from $178.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe but why do these cost so much?, April 10, 2015
I generally won't pay a lot for shoes like these but they were recommended for volleyball. I originally purchased the Kobe 9s and really liked them. While they are still holding up well I thought I'd take advantage of the price to get another pair. I actually had to send them back because they sent me two different sizes; however, to the suppliers credit they actually sent me an e-mail to let me know there might be a problem - which there was - and immediately sent me a return label to send them back. I don't think you can expect much better than that.

As far as the shoe goes they completely changed the bottom surface so I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about these. I really liked the design on the 9. It had great traction and control. It will be interesting to see how these compare. The shoe itself is about the same. It feels very similar on the foot
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2015 7:48 AM PDT

ASICS Men's Team Performance Volleyball Shorts, Black/White, Medium
ASICS Men's Team Performance Volleyball Shorts, Black/White, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars If only they could make me jump higher, April 10, 2015
They are well made and fit as expected. They do pull a little in the front but nothing you notice while you are playing and no more than most of the shorts like this. I'm just not sure why they don't design them a little different to get away from the front pull.

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Mobile Document Scanner
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Mobile Document Scanner
Offered by Wingman-Inc
Price: $269.98
46 used & new from $230.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things can come in small packages, April 10, 2015
I'm not a 5 star person. I would highly advocate a 6 or 10 scale where only near perfect products would receive the top score. In a 5 point system what are you really saying? I'd give this device a 4.5 or so. It is very well made and comes with everything you need. Having said that it is definitely on the high end of similar products.

It is a nice compact design
It can be powered off USB using two cords
It auto starts when you flip the top open (which extends nicely)
It has comprehensive software included
It scans very well
The document feeder is good - not great. I'd say this is a general weakness in units of this size.
The software is a little unintuitive. I'm sure there it does much more than what I use it for.

I've also used a Brother DSMobile600 and this is in a whole other category. It's not even close.

Overall a very good product which I would definitely recommend.

Bluetooth Transmitter, TaoTronics Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Transmitter for 3.5mm Audio Device: TV, PC, Tablet, MP3/MP4, iPod and other Media Players
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $35.99
2 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bluetooth transmitter, April 10, 2015
This device is much smaller than I expected. It does exactly what you would expect it to for the price. It seems to me there is a little noise in the signal being sent across but not bad enough to stop me from using it. I've had no trouble pairing anything to it so far. You hold the button down until the light blinks blue and green and then you press the synch on your device and it just seems to work. Overall the range seems pretty good. I've used it from over 40 feet away and it stays connected.

XMark Fitness XMat Ultra Thick Gym Flooring
XMark Fitness XMat Ultra Thick Gym Flooring
Offered by Bayou Fitness
Price: $98.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great use for old tires, April 10, 2015
Ground up tires pressed into a floor mat? What were you expecting?
Seriously, it's a good deal - especially with free shipping.

SONOS PLAY:1 Compact Wireless Speaker for Streaming Music (Black)
SONOS PLAY:1 Compact Wireless Speaker for Streaming Music (Black)
Price: $199.00
33 used & new from $174.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Play:1 + 1 = excellent and highly recommended, April 10, 2015
To Sonos or not to Sonos? I guess the better question is ... why is this basically the only option? It seems amazing to me there isn't more competition in this space. It's a great idea. Play music wherever you want whenever you want. You don't need to hunt around to find a Bluetooth speaker and once you find it you don't have to worry about it being charged. Don't get me wrong, Bluetooth speakers are great for mobility but if you are always going to listen to music in certain rooms then why? They are generally lower quality and the range of Bluetooth stinks. For the places where you just want a dedicated speaker this is a very good option - maybe even the best. Yes there are some very good airplay speakers but they have their limitations.

First of all, I should clarify one thing. If I was rating this as a single speaker I would give it a 4. It's good but not great (and I think only great products deserve a 5 which should probably be less than 10% of all products on Amazon - but that's another story). Where it really stands out is when you pair it in stereo with another Play:1. In fact, that would be my feeling across the board with the Sonos speakers. Any of them taken on their own are good. The Play:5 is perhaps even very good. But compared to two Play:1s in stereo it's not even close. I know everyone has different listening tastes and you will never get agreement on this but I find it hard to believe that you couldn't get everyone to agree that a stereo pair of Sonos speakers sounds MUCH better than a single one. This is not to say the Play:1 is a better speaker than the 3 or 5. I don't think it is. Two Play:1s won't sound better than two Play:3s which won't sound better than two Play:5s.

So my recommendation is whichever Sonos speakers you buy, buy them in pairs. You will be much more satisfied. I ran a test in a room with two Play:1s in stereo and one Play:5. I ran them all together and they sound great. I dropped out the Play:5 and it didn't make much difference. But when I dropped out the two Play:1s it was a dramatic difference - as I think you might expect. It still sounded good but it sounded like it was coming from one good speaker instead of two. I have been trying to determine any reason I would keep the Play:5 (instead of buying more Play:1 pairs) but I honestly can't think of any. Sure plugging in just one speaker is more convenient but the Play:5 is much bigger than the Play:1. Would I like to have two Play:5s - absolutely. But (a) they would take up a lot of space and (b) I think it is unnecessary for the sound I'm looking for. The Play:1s do everything I need. Granted if I wanted to crank up some music I don't think I would be satisfied but then I'm not sure I'd use the 5s in that case either. I'd rather use my 120W amp with my B&W speakers.

[Update] Moving the Play:5 to a different corner of the room definitely made a noticeable difference. I could hear more bass but it seems like an inefficient use of the speaker. Which is why I added Play1:Sub to my wish list below. I think just having a small sub somewhere in the room could add enough to the experience. But it does go to show you that positioning of speakers and tinkering with volumes can make a big difference.

In a case like this it's about using the right tool for the job. Little Bluetooth speakers are great for convenience and portability but generally are lacking in overall sound. A full blown audio system with an amp and high end speakers is great for cranking up the tunes in a dedicated listening area or basement. The Sonos is excellent at seamlessly providing quality sound in all of your usual listening areas.

My biggest gripe? The app. It's not bad, in fact overall it is quite good. It's just a shame you need to have one at all. Every streaming service has an app already. It would be great if you could just direct your output to the Sonos - just like you do with any Bluetooth speaker. Actually, I don't have a major problem with the streaming services. They have a Pandora add-in that pretty much just feels like Pandora. The problem is with music collections like iTunes or Amazon. You can't just play a playlist. You need to import all of the songs you want into your Sonos queue. Perhaps there is a good reason for this I'm missing but I find it to be annoying. Admittedly, I'm still a novice with the speakers but if there is one thing I'd like to have it's the option just to direct my device output to the Sonos speakers.

A couple of nice to haves might be:
1) Ability to tuck unused cord into the speaker.
2) Ability to play the same music stream on multiple speakers without having to group them
3) Ability to set security on speakers. If I put a pair of speakers in my kids bedroom I really don't want someone accidentally sending the music there while they are sleeping. And if I'm using a pair I don't want someone to be able to override me.
4) A ceiling speaker. I'm really surprised they haven't made a ceiling version of this for new installs or renovations. Sure you can mount a speaker anywhere you want but you need to deal with the cord.
5) A Play:1 Sub. I think the regular sub is overkill for many applications but a small Play:1 could definitely add to the music experience.
6) Outdoor speakers.

So my recommendation is to go for it - in pairs. You won't be disappointed.

Garant YPM18FKDU Yukon 18-Inch Poly Blade Snow Mountain Mover Fiberglass Handle, Blue (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Gatzies

Offered by Store and Organize
Price: $54.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A top photo storage option, January 20, 2015
This review is from: IRIS Large Photo Keeper - Set of 2
Perhaps a bit pricey but they are well made and definitely a nice way to store pictures. I recommend labeling each package and as you scan your pictures into your PC tag them with the label so you can easily go back and find a picture incase you want the original for any reason.

Outdoor Tech OT6001 ADAPT - Bluetooth Adapter for 3.5mm Devices (Black)
Outdoor Tech OT6001 ADAPT - Bluetooth Adapter for 3.5mm Devices (Black)
Price: $39.95
9 used & new from $22.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Extend the life of your headphones, January 20, 2015
This is a great option if you have a favorite pair of headphones you'd like to extend the life of. It isn't cheap but it is well made and works.
The biggest challenge with all of these devices is (a) keeping them charged for when you need them and (b) having the battery last.
For a little more money you can have their full Bluetooth headphones which are very nice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20