Profile for Marie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marie RSS Feed

The Unofficial Zack Warren Fan Club (The Unofficial Series Book 1)
The Unofficial Zack Warren Fan Club (The Unofficial Series Book 1)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, but Writing Errors, April 13, 2012
Like the title said, I enjoyed the plot. I liked the switching perspectives and enjoyed the characters. However, the writing errors were extremely distracting. As a teacher, I know I might be a bit picky, but the spelling, punctuation, dialogue, and format errors were prevalent enough that it took away from the story because they were distracting, and at times, confusing. I had to re-read several times in order to follow the story.

I would suggest this for mature young adults. There are some mature situations and crude language that makes me not want to suggest this to students.

Between the Lines
Between the Lines
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Between the Lines (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book because I was curious after reading the synopsis, and I'm glad I did! As a middle school reading teacher, I found this to be written well, and engaging to the reader. However, I doubt I would suggest it to my students because of the mature content. The Amazon synopsis is correct when saying it is for mature young adults.

The story switches between two perspectives, which I feel adds a certain depth to the story. Reid, is the bad-boy movie star, and Emma is the sweet, naive, up-and-coming star, who plays the opposite of Reid. There are other minor characters in the story that you get attached to as well, each with their own unique personality. Ms. Webber did an excellent job with character development.

The plot takes place in Texas, where the group of teen stars are filming a movie, School Pride. The story takes you through their time during filming. Reid is intrigued by Emma, and decides to pursue her despite his love of one-night stands. Emma is attracted to Reid, but has also formed an friendship with Graham, another actor in the movie. The story continues with intertwining love triangles and conflicts. As a reader, you experience several emotions throughout the plot: frustration, smiles, anger, and more frustration:)

I plowed my way through this story, and ended up buying the second and third.

Breathe
Breathe

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Breathe (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Breathe, and found a new author that I know I will read other of her books.

Set in Alabama, Sadie is our main character, and is forced to take her mom's position at a housecleaning job, which just happens the be the home a popular teen musician, Jax Stone. Determined to focus on the job in order to pay bills, and prepare for her future sibling, Sadie promises not to fall for Jax to her employers, and herself. However, Jax isn't a not pop star, but rather a genuine, caring guy, who takes a honest interest in Sadie and her troubled life. Avoiding him is harder than she thought, even with the help of her co-worker, Marcus, who also shows an interest in Sadie. As time passes, Sadie is torn between what she wants and what she knows she should avoid as well as facing troubles with her mother, and Jax's fame.

As a middle school teacher, the editing did bother me, but because of the engaging plot I wanted to keep reading. I feel mature teens would enjoy the book.

I was entranced by the book, and was very pleased to find there was a sequel, Because of Low, which focuses on Marcus. Needless to say, I bought that one too, and am excited for the 3rd one to be released.

Epic Fail
Epic Fail
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $8.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Quick Read, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Epic Fail (Kindle Edition)
Some might say it is a cheesy read, but as a middle school teacher, I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and I feel I can suggest it to my 8th grade girls, which there is a waiting list to check it out. The characters pull you in and the plot is engaging. I found myself not wanting to put it down, and several students have gushed over the fact they hated that it ended, and wished the story would have continued. They love the love story, and when I tell them it's a modern version of Pride and Prejudice, several have said they wanted to try the classic version.