Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for froggie3 > Reviews

Browse

froggie3's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"froggie3" RSS Feed (Lauderhill, FL USA)

Philips AX5212 Compact & Slim Portable CD Player (Carbon and Red)
Philips AX5212 Compact & Slim Portable CD Player (Carbon and Red)
2 used & new from $44.99

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible design, February 9, 2004
I bought this cd player at Target & returned it the same day. First off, as other reviewers commented, the packaging is a real pain to open. But my big complaint is this cd player is supposed to take either 2 AAA batteries, or 2 AA batteries. When you try to insert 2 AA batteries you cannot put the lid back on the battery compartment. I tried everything (& yes, I did read the instructions). I have no idea how this thing sounds or whether or not it skips. I returned it once I discovered the problem with the battery compartment.

Baby Trend Diaper Champ (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Baby Trend Diaper Champ (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a year & still working great!, December 9, 2003
My son will be a year old this December (2003) & we have been using the diaper champ since he was born. I deliberately waited a long time to write a review on this item because so many reviewers mentioned odor becoming more noticable after solids were introduced. We have not had ANY odor problems with the champ.
I chose this diaper pail because it seemed easy to use & it didn't need proprietary bags. It is easy to use, although when you first start using it you'll need to get used to the way the release mechanism works on the lid when you change the garbage bag. It's kind of tight & if you're not careful you could break a nail. (I have short nails so it's not an issue for me.) However it is so simple to just plop a diaper into the pail & flip the top. That's it. Then when the pail is full you just change out the garbage bag. I keep a box of inexpensive garbage bags in the bedroom where the baby can't get to them, but they're easy to access when I need them.
As far as odor control goes, I exclusively breastfed my son for his first 9 months. We did not have any problems at all while he was exclusively breastfed, nor are we having any now that we're slowly introducing solids. Since he started eating solids his poop does smell much stronger, but the champ is a pro at keeping odor at bay. I don't even use Lysol or other sprays.
We keep the champ in the master bedroom & our cats litter box is in the master bathroom. The only time we have odor problems is when our cat makes a nasty stinky. I wish Baby Trend made a litter box.

Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater
Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater
Offered by DG Malfurion
Price: $9.99
58 used & new from $7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!, October 30, 2001
I just got this zester/grater yesterday. You can zest an entire lemon in less than 30 seconds & you end up with perfect, tiny pieces of zest with no bitter pith. I've only used it on lemon but I imagine it would work quite well on parmesean cheese & chocolate, however it's worth the price if you only use it as a zester.

Student's Vegetarian Cookbook: Quick, Easy, Cheap, and Tasty Vegetarian Recipes
Student's Vegetarian Cookbook: Quick, Easy, Cheap, and Tasty Vegetarian Recipes
by Carole Raymond
82 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, February 2, 2001
I bought this book over a year ago when my husband & I started eating healthier. We avoid dairy now & most of the recipes that call for milk specify that soy milk can be substituted. (Recipes that call for cheese I automatically sub soy or rice cheese.)
All of the recipes are extremely simple. The ingredients lists are usually very short & the entire book is very practical. If you're learning to cook (or if the idea of heading into a kitchen scares you) this is the book for you.
Here are the sections with some examples of recipes:
Breakfast (french toast, vegan pancakes, scrambled tofu, rice pudding)
Dips & Spreads (salsa-excellent! hummus, guacamole, tahini)
Soups & Stews (miso-happy soup, minestrone, split pea, kale & potato, Moroccan stew)
Salads & Dressings (fruit salad, apple raisin couscous, marinated vegetables, avocado & pear salad)
Sandwiches, wraps & pizza (falafel, crostini with a bean & a green, black bean & yam quesadilla, tacos monterey, pita pizza crust, farmhouse vegetable pizza)
Bean meals (chipotle black bean chili, dal, marinated tempeh)
Grain meals (spontaneous couscous, polenta with black beans, Indian rice, Sicilian rice)
Pasta (with zucchini & basil, with green beans & feta, primavera, spaghetti pancake, peanut pasta)
Vegetables, Stir frys & potatoes (artichoke feast, gingered Chinese green stir fry, Pad Thai, colcannon, scalloped potatoes vegan style)
Desserts & quick breads (dark chocolate pudding, baked apples, baked bananas, banana bread)
There's also a section on coffee drinks-like cafe au lait.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2010 9:20 AM PST

Remember When
Remember When
by Judith McNaught
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
307 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, December 14, 2000
I've read many of McNaughts books; Regency England & modern day included. If you're used to historical romance this will be VERY different-you might not like it. I enjoy both historical & modern day. Remember When is my favorite McNaught book. She really took the time to fully develop the characters here. The beginning of the book delves deeply into Diana's teen years & Cole's college years. This portion of the book is slower reading but it's very important to the rest of the book. The main characters genuinely LIKE each other; aside from being physically attracted, there is mutual respect between them. Their relationship has more substance than what we see in MANY, MANY other romance novels. Cole is a very intelligent guy who's company is trying to develop some really cool technology-you'll find out toward the end-and these two have no stupid misunderstandings which cause them to hurt each other.