Profile for Emil > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Emil RSS Feed (PMV Georgia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
KidKraft Savannah Dollhouse with Furniture
KidKraft Savannah Dollhouse with Furniture
Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $115.45
56 used & new from $100.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, December 16, 2014
It's a beautiful doll house. The wood components and wood furniture are well made. Assembly is easy and instructions are adequate. Unfortunately the cheap card board laminated inserts (all interior walls and floor minus the top and bottom levels) turn a great shell into complete garbage. First off the card board sections must be slid into grooves of the outside walls. That will be all well and good except that the card board sections are not cut to the appropriate size (too small) and will not stay put on their own, rendering the product completely useless unless you do some sort of modification on your own. I am in the process of assembling this for my daughter's Christmas present and am unsure if I want to do some sort of cheap fix on it with shims,hot glue, and finishing nails/screws OR return it. Which is not a fun prospect, having to disassemble the entire thing and attempt to repack it and ship a 60 pound box. And even if I do rig it up, I could see the flimsy interior floors collapsing after a day or two of heavy use. They will not support more than 2 or 3 pounds of direct pressure - your child having barbie jump up and down inside the house.

FYI - the item number on this Savannah Dollhouse is 65023 which is being sold on this site and the KidKraft site. Funny though, because they also have a Savannah Dollhouse item number 65023a which is a newer improved version that probably fixes issues like the one above. Kind of messed up that they continue to sell the old version which is obviously crap. Thanks a lot for not taking this junk off of Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2014 6:45 AM PST

Lucky Tiger Mustache Wax, Neutral, 1.7 Ounce
Lucky Tiger Mustache Wax, Neutral, 1.7 Ounce
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $7.99
12 used & new from $5.06

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, May 31, 2014
Kind of oily. Not much hold overall though (rollie fingers). The neutral/white left some color behind. Really need to work it in for it to go away. Washes out easily, which can be a good or bad thing.

Pearl Izumi Men's Ultra Shorts, Silt, Small
Pearl Izumi Men's Ultra Shorts, Silt, Small
Offered by BikeSomeWhere
Price: $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs Small, May 31, 2014
PI sizing guidelines state that a small fits up to a size 31 waist. I am a 29 waist and I thought the shorts were going to rip when I tried to put them. They run way small. Otherwise they seem very high quality. Can't wait to get my exchanged Medium and really try them out. Lots of pockets for long runs.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, May 30, 2013
Then next best trail running pack with this many features is almost $100 more (Salomon S-Lab) and the MTR has more volume! Fully loaded there was definitely some noticeable bounce but I had my overnight kit stuffed in there. A full GoLite Shangri-la 3 tent, sleeping pad, a bit of food, water filter (sawyer squeeze) etc. trekking poles lashed to the side right and a 20 oz water bottle in the side left side pocket. So, yeah I expected some bounce. The pack itself is feather weight. The material is translucent and probably not very durable. Having it filled to capacity I could the seams being stressed. Overall very high quality craftsmanship though.

Fit was acceptable but could be dialed in better with sizing variation (s,m,l),this probably keeps the cost down. Right now it is a one size fits all pack. I'm on the smaller side (64in/135lbs) and I tightened the shoulder tension completely. The chest strap provided good tension but the design would benefit from the second sternum strap that comes equipped on the 7 liter smaller version. The hip belt actually sits above the navel and is not padded. It did help stabilize the load but I think the 2nd sternum strap would have improved the pack fit and bounce more.

The shoulder straps have multiple pockets. There is a bottle holder on the right, though what size bottle it was made for I have no idea. It cannot fit the typical 20 oz bottles without serious effort. I would be afraid of ripping the material. The left side has a built in whistle and a mesh pocket that is perfect for a cell phone. There is a volume expansion zipper on the main body of the pack, a feature that you see on many suitcases, that allows you to cram those high volume items in (rain fly/tarp)without stressing the light weight material too much. Also on the back side of the pack behind the super plush padded mesh back panel (best back panel ever!)is where the hydration sleeve is. The sleeve will easily fit a 3 liter hydration bladder and there is a clever way to route the tube under the shoulder fabric and a nice Velcro piece on the shoulder to keep the tube in place. FYI this is obviously a frameless pack.

The MTR 201 is definitely a niche product. Great for UL backpackers out for only a single night or trail runners out all day or overnight unsupported. I can see myself using this as a day pack when out with my 3 year old on a picnic/day hike but mostly for one night of fastpacking, or a stage race.

Loses a star for fit/bounce, hipbelt, and no 2nd sternum strap. The option to remove the hipbelt when not in use would be nice.

Mammut MTR 201 10+2L Pack - Black-Iron
Mammut MTR 201 10+2L Pack - Black-Iron
5 used & new from $137.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, May 23, 2013

Fashion Designer: Sweet Girls
Fashion Designer: Sweet Girls
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars free, January 26, 2013
my daughter seems to enjoy it. it was free so that was a bonus. hopefully this will unlock all the features for her.

UltrAspire Spry Race Vest
UltrAspire Spry Race Vest

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder Vest, January 15, 2013
This review is from: UltrAspire Spry Race Vest
There have been other reviews that complain about 'flapping' of the two main front pockets when weighted. I would like to point out that in my experience the movement is minimal when compared with other similar packs and a hell of a lot better than any waist bottle pack! I think the Spry accomplishes everything it set out to do. It weighs next to nothing and you hardly tell you are wearing it. There is a ton of storage for such as small pack. In the back pocket alone I fit a windproof, hat, gloves, emergency blanket and wipes. In the large front left pocket I carry my cell phone and several gels. The large right mesh pocket either holds my trash and or solid food(clif bar), or a second water bottle 10-20 oz depending on distance. In the small upper left stretch mesh shoulder pocket I put my key-less entry and a small tube with S-caps/Motrin. In the small right magnetic pocket I put a tiny bic lighter and chap stick.

I carry a 20 handheld bottle but in case I need more water and there are no refuelling points the Spry can house a 1 Litre bladder in the back pocket and even has routing loops for the tube over the shoulder! The pack is extremely versatile. Everything about the fabrication of Ultraspire products scream quality. The workmanship really is top notch. The magnetic closures are ingenious. I haven't seen any frayed stitching. No chaffing or hotspots after many 20 plus mile runs.

Only two complaints, the chest strap tension pretty much needs constant attention when weight is put in the front pockets - extra water bottle. It loses tension quite often. I tightened it to where I like then wrapped tape around it, problem solved. This is probably due to the lightweight buckle and straps, I will take that trade any day. No excess retainer straps for the sides, silly.

GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Kung Foon Utensil
GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Kung Foon Utensil
Price: $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty cool idea, December 12, 2012
Perfect for those hard to reach bits at the bottom of the dehydrated food bag. The spork is durable and high quality. The chopsticks are el cheapo. Combined it's a pretty slick piece of backpacking gear. The tin storage container is a total waste of space and not worth it for the weight penalty. Ditch it. I put the spork in the bowel that fits in my pot. The chopsticks go in an easy accessible pack pocket, they are also a very multifunctional piece of gear so I don't mind bringing them along.

Saucony Men's Inferno 3/4 Tight, Small, Black
Saucony Men's Inferno 3/4 Tight, Small, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, December 12, 2012
They fit true to size. Are constructed well. In between thermal and compression tight thickness, so keeps you warm but not too warm. Has a very nice zipper pocket at the back middle. Seems durable. Only complaint is that the ends ride up and bunch just below the knee. It's not uncomfortable, but you loose some of the compression benefits in the area. Not a deal breaker, especially for the price! The next best thing is almost double the cost.

Princeton Tec AMP1 LED with Opener
Princeton Tec AMP1 LED with Opener
Price: $11.44 - $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, December 12, 2012
Awesome little flashlight. Will go with me on every trail run. No larger than the palm of your hand. Very bright, almost as bright as my $50 Petzl headlamp. Lights up a very large area as well. Haven't had it long enough to comment on battery life, though they are included which is nice, or on the waterproofness of it. Time will tell.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5