Profile for The Baseball Reader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Baseball Reader RSS Feed (North of Boston, MA, USA)

Golf Channel Mobile
Golf Channel Mobile
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on my Kindle Fire, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Golf Channel Mobile (App)
Looks good at first, but when I click on the player to see how they did during the round I get an error message that the app unexpectedly closed. Tried it 2 or 3 times, same thing. Uninstalled about 5 minutes after installing it.

Extreme Measures: A Thriller (The Mitch Rapp Series)
Extreme Measures: A Thriller (The Mitch Rapp Series)
by Vince Flynn
447 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars HUGE Flynn Fan, but....., November 14, 2008
I was a little disappointed. There will be another with the way it ends, but I was really bummed. Rapp wasn't even the main character, spent most of the book in incarceration. I'm still a huge Flynn fan, betting the next one is great.

L.L. Bean: The Making of an American Icon
L.L. Bean: The Making of an American Icon
by Leon A. Gorman
Price: $22.97
226 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Fan of the L.L. Bean Store, but not this book, May 7, 2007
I bought this book during one of the several trips my family and I take each year to the the flagship store in Freeport, ME. We love the store, their products and the shopping experience at L.L. Bean so I was excited to read this book. I am disappointed to say the least and struggled to get through it. It is a book written by Leon Gorman about himself, which is fine had it been labeled an autobiography, but all I got out of it was him constantly telling me how smart he is and how he alienated several members of his senior management. It wasn't at all what I was expecting and am disappointed.

The Little Red (Sox) Book: A Revisionist Red Sox History
The Little Red (Sox) Book: A Revisionist Red Sox History
by Bill Lee
69 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Bill Lee, February 23, 2005
This book is Bill Lee at his best. As a former long suffering fan (there aren't any anymore) I enjoyed the Spaceman's attempt at rewriting history. I laughed out loud at the assassination of Hitler in Fenway Park. If you have enjoyed Bill Lee's antics and theories in the past, you won't be disappointed

The Greatest Baseball Stories Ever Told: Thirty Unforgettable Tales from the Diamond
by Jeff Silverman
Price: $11.24
94 used & new from $4.07

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for baseball fans of all ages, February 23, 2005
This is a great book if your looking for some short stories (both true and fiction) about the great game of baseball. It is a great collection covering anything from Ripken's drive for the Ironman title, the summer of 98 and the home run kings, lesser known characters like Pistol Pete Reiser and what life was like after baseball for guys named Joe Dimaggio and Ty Cobb among others.

Highly Recommended
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2009 5:28 PM PST

The Lions of Lucerne
The Lions of Lucerne
by Brad Thor
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
147 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great, Fast Paced Entertaining Read, November 19, 2004
This book was exciting, fast paced and well written. Secret Service Agent Scot Harvath is the only survivor of a well executed kidnapping of the President. Frustrated with and suspicious of the investigation (for good reason!)he takes it upon himself to find the President. The only problem with this book was that I found myself turning the pages too fast in an attempt to find out what happened next.

If you like government conspiracy books and covert operation books, this one is a must read.