Profile for Janice Lynne Lundy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Janice Lynne Lundy RSS Feed (Traverse City, MI USA)

Page: 1 | 2

Offered by BuyOnlineNow
Price: $72.86
84 used & new from $68.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, January 11, 2015
Great service. Haven't used it yet but it came as promised. Thanks

Creative Concepts E3770 TV Wall Mount, 37 to 70 Inches
Creative Concepts E3770 TV Wall Mount, 37 to 70 Inches
Price: $19.88
36 used & new from $19.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Using misleading product image, November 23, 2012
Don't order this TV mount. It won't be what they ship. They ship a fixed basic TV mount instead.
Will never use this company again. I also think this Company goes by different names.

Bead One, Pray Too: A Guide to Making and Using Prayer Beads
Bead One, Pray Too: A Guide to Making and Using Prayer Beads
by Kimberly Winston
Price: $21.17
49 used & new from $11.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Inspiring, November 3, 2009
Author, Kimberly Winston, has created a thing of beauty in Bead One, Pray Too. This book, thoughtfully created, invites us to take up the practice of using and making prayer beads.

As a former teacher of World Religions, I enjoyed how the book began, with a history of the use of prayer beads found in the world's major religious traditions. Though it is apparent that the author leans toward various Christian uses of prayer beads and rosaries, her approach is warm, invitational and deeply interspiritual, inviting people of all faiths to consider the practice. I truly appreciated this openhearted approach. My own leanings are Buddhist, yet I felt that Ms. Winston's approach could be applied to my prayer practices, just as if I were a devout Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Jew. The truths and rituals of which she speaks are universal.

The author proceeds to explore various prayer forms, then ways to use and make custom prayer beads. She provides a wealth of resources from which we can learn and begin. The photos in the book draw one in. As do the inspirational quotes from wise others. They bring us to a contemplative mindset where we (the reader) can discern what touches our own heart. Ms. Winston continually reminds us that there is no right way to use beads, or to pray, or to worship; that we each must find our unique way and choose that which speaks to our hearts and fingertips.

I commend the author and publisher (Morehouse Publishing) for creating a book that explores our spiritual similarities and connectedness, rather than our differences. It is refreshing to find a book such as this, especially in a world that often leans toward religious fanatacism and exclusivity.

I will refer to this book often and gift it to others. I am happy to say that I am now on the path of making prayer beads myself. Thank you, Ms. Winston, for providing powerful inspiration (and easy-to-understand instructions) for me to do so. My life is better for having come across your book. May your own prayer life continue to be blessed!

Janice Lynne Lundy
Interfaith Spiritual Director & Author of Your Truest Self: Embracing the Woman You Are Meant to Be
[...]

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for the spiritual seeker, June 8, 2009
It's a privilege to recommend a book such as Original Faith, a trustworthy guide to living in an awakened manner. Author Paul Maurice Martin invites us to deepen our understanding of self and Spirit, especially in light of the human ego, which continues to keep us troubled and in conflict with one another.

As an Interfaith Spiritual Director and author, I appreciate Paul's interspiritual approach. He aptly shares the treasures to be found within the worlds' wisdom traditions, all the while putting his own spin on the message. He advocates living in and through the "Word." Meaning, living in the broadest context imaginable, choosing God or Spirit, and operating as Love, instead of the ego. He reminds us, yes, we are in a human body with its issues and foibles, but ultimately we are of the Sacred, and if we keep choosing to orient ourselves in that holy direction, we will fulfill our divine destiny.

The author is both philosophical and practical, providing insights into the how and why of enlightened living, as well as practical strategies to do just that. The material can feel weighty, in a good out-of-the box sort of way, so he deftly provides the readers with shorter segments to read, chew on, then integrate into our belief system. His insights into the human ego system are progressive and profound--exactly what we need to bring about the changes we long to see in the world today.

I highly recommend this book and know that I will return to it again and again when I need a reminder that "I am not my ego. I am Love," as are we all.

The Woman's Field Guide to Exceptional Living: Practical Steps for Living a Big, Bold, Beautiful Life!
by Corrie Woods
34 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional book for women by a trustworthy guide, March 30, 2009
I've been "preaching" self-care to women for over a decade and am always on the lookout for excellent resources to share. The Woman's Field Guide to Exceptional Living is one such find.

With wit and wisdom, life coach Corrie Woods expertly guides us toward our truest selves. She helps us release old, self-limiting views and embrace new, empowering ones. She also invites us to play and celebrate ourselves as we are--nary an agenda or "should" in sight--a pleasure something harried women today rarely allow themselves.

Perhaps what I appreciate the most about this book is its practicality. Like a seasoned field guide herself, Corrie takes our hand and actually shows us, step-by-step, how to become more self-accepting or peaceful or empowered. She does so through brief vignettes and practical exercises (visualizations, journaling prompts, and playful explorations)--ideal methods for doing the "work of self" without being cumbersome or overbearing. Corrie makes personal growth fun, a rare find in books of this genre today.

I highly recommend The Woman's Field Guide to Exceptional Living to any woman who is ready to live the truth of who she is with passion and purpose.

Submitted by Janice Lynne Lundy, author, Your Truest Self: Embracing the Woman You Are Meant to Be. [...]

Loving Yourself: Four Steps to a Happier You
Loving Yourself: Four Steps to a Happier You
by Daphne Rose Kingma
Price: $12.95
52 used & new from $1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars simply life-changing, November 29, 2008
Of the many Daphne Kingma books I have read over the years, this is my favorite. Why? Because in this little volume readers get a real, "up close and personal" look at a much admired author who candidly shares just how much she has struggled with loving herself too. Daphne scores big with this one, reminding us that if we really do want "big love" in our lives, we absolutely have to love ourselves first. Then she expertly sets out to show us how. The path she lays out for us is tried and true. Her advice works--if we are willing to do the work of self--not always easy, but ultimately rewarding.

I especially enjoyed the last chapter in the book, "Living with Self-Compassion," and reading about the author's remarkable journey hiking through Bhutan in the Himalayas. It is an amazing quest, one, which Daphne reminds us is symbolic of the inner journey we must all take if we are to arrive at a place of compassion for ourselves and, ultimately, others.

The Courage Code: It's Yours, Break It, Own It, Use It
The Courage Code: It's Yours, Break It, Own It, Use It
by Megan Raphael
Price: $13.88
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful glimpse into women's lives, November 29, 2008
I'm a firm believer that as women share their life journeys, heart-to-heart, soul-to-soul, we can transform the planet as we know it. The stories shared within this book will help us do just that. The authors aptly demonstrate through the journeys of 44 amazing women how any one of us can release old, outmoded ways of being and cultivate new, more empowering ones. Just reading this book will give you the courage to live as your truest self, a woman who is naturally confident and courageous, and when that happens, the world will change for the better.

The Mindful Woman: Gentle Practices for Restoring Calm, Finding Balance, and Opening Your Heart
by Sue Patton Thoele
Price: $12.58
83 used & new from $1.13

5.0 out of 5 stars A sanity-saving book for every woman, November 29, 2008
Sue Patton Thoele has done it again! I am a big fan of Sue's and have read nearly every book she's written over the years. Her work is always beautifully crafted, insightful, funny, and just plain practical. This book, in particular, may just be my favorite.

If you are a woman like me who often finds herself harried and hurried, this book can be a soothing balm in a very hectic day. Once you learn how valuable it is to live mindfully, rather than mindlessly (which Sue relates very well), any one of the practice sessions she presents will predictably deliver you to a more peaceful state of mind and heart. Mindfulness does take practice and commitment, but it is not difficult to engage at all, as the author demonstrates through delightful vignettes from her own life. Once you get the hang of mindfulness, life takes on a whole new hue. There is so much more joy and appreciation to be found--not to mention fewer stress-filled days!

I really loved this book. I would recommend it to women of all ages, lifestyles, and spiritualities. It has the word "classic" written all over it. I know I will read it myself again and again. I am so glad Sue wrote this for all of us.

Writing Home: Collected Essays and Newspaper Columns
Writing Home: Collected Essays and Newspaper Columns
by Cindy La Ferle
Price: $16.10
38 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a soulful treasure!, November 14, 2008
Anything Cindy Laferle writes will predictably bring you home to what matters most: living gently, simply, with an open mind, a loving heart, and greater appreciation for life. Cindy's words have never failed to inspire me. In fact, on more occasions than I can name, her words have brought me to grateful tears. Her reflections on home, family, and parenting, especially, deeply touch the heart. This collection of essays will fast become one of your favorites. It is one of mine. It makes a wonderful gift book as well.

Page: 1 | 2